• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singaporeans marrying and having children later as birth rate continues to plung

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]More Singaporeans marrying and having children later as birth rate continues to plunge[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 29, 2012
Singapore’s population woes continue as latest statistics released by the National Population and Talent Division shows that the proportion of singles has increased across all age groups between 2000 and 2011.
Among citizens aged 30-34, singlehood rates went up from 33 per cent to 44 per cent for men and from 22 per cent to 31 per cent for women.
Singaporeans are also marrying later – at age 30 for men and about 28 for women (from age 28.5 to 30.1 for men and age 26.1 to 27.8 for women), resulting in couples having fewer children.
The proportion of married women having one child or none has gone up while the declining birth rate is across all ethnic groups.
The government has responded to the figures by saying it will ‘review’ its policies to encourage Singaporeans to get married and bear children.
The same division had earlier released a paper calling for Singapore to continue importing foreigners to make up for the shortfall in population.
Singapore’s declining birth rate can be attributed partly to its high cost of living, particularly that of housing which was aggravated in recent years by the relentless influx of immigrants.

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: More Singaporeans marrying and having children later as birth rate continues to p

I have many friends whose married long ime ago but not intending to have babies. Some wanted to but was taken aback with anticipated financial burden. All thanks to who, you guys know la.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: More Singaporeans marrying and having children later as birth rate continues to p

stop messing with people's sex life :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

stop messing with people's sex life :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This one fully agree. Is personal life.
Why must gov asking citizen to have baby or not.
This fucker Lee family .
LKY ask people stop at 2
LHL asking more baby.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PLung is quite new a word to me ..:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The role of government is to create the climate and the environment and things will come naturally. Screw up the policies and then start importing FTs and cry father, mother.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Our Govt shouLd tweak the existing Monogamy RuLe abit..besides the the MusLims, those embracing other reLigions can have an extra wife, subjected to certain conditions, but not restricting ; for exampLe :
1. The man have to prove he is capabLe of mantaining a 2 wife famiLy through his income status.
2. His current wife have to agree to his having a 2nd wife.
3. He is of sound mind and physicaLLy fit at that time of appLication for his 2nd wife..
:wink:
That wouLd sureLy heLp push our birthrates up ! ! :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Letting children be born and raised in Singapore is a cruel form of child abuse.

I will not breed.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

Letting children be born and raised in Singapore is a cruel form of child abuse.

I will not breed.

I totally agree and I'm not breeding as well. This is more so if the parents are already poor and living hand to mouth (and I'm not just referring to those low income households). You see these people all around you.

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will not breed.

Yes,we 3rd class ordinary singaporeans already experienced being tortured by the MIW.So are we so stupid or insane to produce 3rd class children in singapore to be tortured by the 1st class elite MIW again and also have to compete with the 2nd class Foreigners for jobs,housing and education?
KNNCCB to the MIW !!!!!!!!!

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal

The MIWs simply either refuse to confront the fundamental issues of "job stability" or chosen to act blur on this "bread and butter issue".
By importing so many FTs in, are they 100% sure there will be enough jobs for every S'poreans? How do you expect S'poreans to get married,
settled down and have kids when it's so difficult to get a stable job ever since the MIWs flooded this tiny little dot with tons of FTs.
One moment you got a job but the next moment you lost the job to those FTs. Will you dare to spend so much $$$ getting married, get a HDB,
have kids and invest 21 years of education on them? In Sillypore, even when you are out of job, you still got bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Yes. The MIWs can always come out with some short term stupid policy such as giving more "Baby Bonus" and some other "kachang puteh subsidy".
Does it really encourage people to give birth? Not really because the fundamental needs of long term "job stability" is no longer exist in Sillypore anymore.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will not breed.

Why? Aren't you glad that you're living in the world's most advanced, state-of-the-art human zoo? :confused:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will not breed.

I find this statement to be full of insight. Its like opening up a new box where you can shed new light. I sound like Kong Hee.

Back to the above, I have told my kids not to have children if they cannot find a way to make them migrate to a developed country. I don't need grandkids who are deprived.

Deprived of playing. Of growing up. Of having fun. Of being a kid.

Tuition, tuition, remedial lessons, ECA, piano lessons, swimming lessons, ballet classes, art lessons, etc. The kid dies before he even lives.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Tuition, tuition, remedial lessons, ECA, piano lessons, swimming lessons, ballet classes, art lessons, etc. The kid dies before he even lives.

agree that the kiddos are highly stressed these days, reminds me of Michael Jackson's song: "have you seen my childhood... " :(:(:(

by the way, if me is not mistaken, it's called CCA (co-curriculum-activity) these days, become compulsory already :p:p:p

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one fully agree. Is personal life.
Why must gov asking citizen to have baby or not.
This fucker Lee family .
LKY ask people stop at 2
LHL asking more baby.

Boss, there's no such thing as "personal life" in this modern, first-world human zoo. Freedom and privacy can't put food on the table after all. The most important things in life are bread and butter.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

The most important things in life are bread and butter.

agree, bread and butter issues will be the crux, prada bags and constantin watches not included :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: