• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man runs naked at Jalan Sultan

Terry Bogard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man runs naked at Jalan Sultan

20120629.172854_naked430.jpg

AsiaOne
Friday, Jun 29, 2012

A naked man shocked passers-by at Jalan Sultan yesterday evening.

The Chinese male ran against the flow of traffic along Jalan Sultan before lying flat on the road.

Eyewitnesses who reported the incident to citizen journalism website Stomp said members of the public tried to divert the oncoming traffic away while urging the man to stand up and move out of danger.

One man, who gave his name as Francis said: "The naked man refused to move and remained motionless, lying on the road until three police cars and one ambulance came to the rescue."

Some passers-by eventually came and covered the man with a white sheet before the police arrived.

The man was taken away in an ambulance.

A similar incident occurred on June 20 when a naked man passed out in a field near Somerset MRT. He was later arrested by the police.

Terry Bogard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nZy3-KAcZC0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Terry Bogard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Naked man walking through traffic stuns motorists

20120630.171935_sph_nakedman.jpg

By Fabian Koh and David Sun

The New Paper
Monday, Jul 02, 2012

Another week, another naked man lying down in a public space.

Last Tuesday, a cleaner stripped naked and lay on the grass patch outside Somerset MRT station. On Thursday, a man went on a nude walk down Jalan Sultan.

The man had emerged from KeyPoint building, about two blocks down the road.

A travel sales agent who wanted to be known only as Mr Cheong, 37, had just left his office on the 18th floor of the building at 6.30pm.

He took the lift with two female colleagues and another woman he didn't know .

"We were chatting when the door opened at the 15th floor and there he was, stark naked," Mr Cheong said.

He said the women screamed, and he shouted at the man not to enter.

But the man, who seemed to be about 50 years old, just smiled and went in anyway.

"I evacuated everyone from the lift as fast as I could," Mr Cheong said.

"One of my colleagues was so stunned, she just froze and had to be dragged out by the other."

He got out after that and they took the other lift, which stopped at the ninth and sixth floors.

"Both times, we were met with pale faces. I immediately knew they saw the same thing, " said Mr Cheong.

He said that when they reached the first floor, the security officers were shouting at the man to get out of the other lift.

"He just smiled back. It was very, very creepy."

The man finally got out and walked out of the building and onto the road, prompting several motorists to sound their horns at him.

Mr Cheong said the man kept jumping from lane to lane, into the path of cars.

"Soon, everyone was just so stunned. No cars honked, they just stopped to avoid hitting him, then moved off," he said.

Mr Shaikh Md Helmi, 22, a courier, was hanging out on the opposite side of the road with his colleagues when they spotted the man coming down the road.

They had just ended work at 6.20pm when their boss suddenly shouted: "Naked man!".

"We turned to look and saw a medium-build man with a beer belly, about 50 years old, who was swaying left and right down the middle of the road."

Mr Shaikh said the man then started jogging against the flow of traffic, trying to block oncoming cars.

"He would go up to cars and just raise his hands in the air, fully exposing his private parts," he said.

"There was a motorcycle that went past and he tried to grab the waist of the rider."

After about 20 minutes, the man lay down in front of Textile Centre, on the outermost lane. He was motionless and looked upwards.

By then, many people were taking pictures and filming the incident.

Mr Cheong said that at this point, a young man went to divert traffic, while an employee from a restaurant across the road covered the naked man with a white cloth.

Mr Sri Mahardevan, 29, the manager at Pasha restaurant at The Sultan Hotel on the other side of the road, said he found it funny initially, but then decided to help the man.

"I took a tablecloth and covered him when he lay down on the road. Then I called the police," he said.

Mr Shaikh said that when the police arrived, the man put up some resistance before he was arrested.

The police confirmed receiving a call for assistance at about 6.30pm. A man was arrested and investigations are ongoing.

Mr Foo Cheow Ming, a partner at law firm KhattarWong, explained that "one single act can give rise to various charges".

He said there are provisions in the Miscellaneous Offences (Public Order and Nuisance) Act, the Road Traffic Act and the Penal Code, to punish the man's behaviour.

"I think he would be fined, assuming there are no previous incidents on record. Otherwise, he might be sent to jail," said Mr Foo.

Psychologist Daniel Koh of Insights Mind Centre said there can be a number of reasons for a person to exhibit such behaviour.

"Usually it's something that affects their impulse control and self-reasoning," he said.

He explained that the person's mind would be in a state of confusion and delusionment.

"In order to figure out the cause, I would need to talk to him to find out his history and to understand his feelings at the moment," said Mr Koh.

He said that some people act that way as they might be under the impression that they are in danger.

"I once had a patient who kept thinking he was on fire," he said.

"Others might think it's okay to do so as they are completely out of touch with reality and not aware of their environment."

Mr Shaikh said the incident was a shocking end to a tiring day of work. He said: "These kind of things, you will never ever forget."