• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So this is the actual meaning of tidings for all church members

dho20002000

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've always been thinking about the tiding rule set by "God", reinforced by the church.
Why do church members have to donate 10% of their monthly earnings to the church? Besides tidings collected, they also collect donations on weekly basis after their Sunday services in church.
Many times I've questioned my friends who are either Christians or Catholics. No one seems to give me a satisfied answer why is it a "MUST".

I first ask myself, where did City Harvest get SGD$48 millions to build their church at Jurong West in 2005. I convinced myself that the church members rather donate their money to have a better & more comfortable church than donating money to help the poor & needy.

Once again in the Christianity & Catholic community, City Harvest is the latest of a series of controversies involving high-profile leaders of religious or charity bodies in Singapore.

Since 2004 - 2009, three of them – a Catholic priest, a top Buddhist monk, and a national charity figure – had been convicted and jailed.

Now the amount involved is SGD$230 millions. Way higher than the 3 previous cases had added up.

Now I know the actual meaning of tidings. :cool:

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pastor rony tan of the lighthouse evangelism has also been found guilty of inciting religious hatred and threatening the religious harmony in Singapore. I think that lighthouse evangelism and their so called Internet troll Kinana should be investigated next.

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to take pity with people like miss Kinana. She has low iq n high stupidity that seriously needed help.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've always been thinking about the tiding rule set by "God", reinforced by the church.
Why do church members have to donate 10% of their monthly earnings to the church? ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................Now I know the actual meaning of tidings. :cool:

10% comes from the word tithe, which in the past was used to denote ten percent. This was practiced during the Old Testament time - ie. ancient Jewish practice. For some reason, modern folk seem to find justification in the ancient ways. Don't know why.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10% comes from the word tithe, which in the past was used to denote ten percent. This was practiced during the Old Testament time - ie. ancient Jewish practice. For some reason, modern folk seem to find justification in the ancient ways. Don't know why.

Cheers!

10% tithe in the past is just like 7% of GST in the present ? :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
10% tithe in the past is just like 7% of GST in the present ? :wink:

You pay GST when you purchase something you can see, hold, feel, eat. You pay 10% when you you believe in something you can only hope for.

Sometimes I think human beings, despite our highly evolved sense of thought, we're really stupid. We've invented religion, and government.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You pay GST when you purchase something you can see, hold, feel, eat. You pay 10% when you you believe in something you can only hope for.

Sometimes I think human beings, despite our highly evolved sense of thought, we're really stupid. We've invented religion, and government.

Cheers!

the 10% is to make you feel connected to "god " :wink: like you pay to connect your friends through telco company :wink: . actucally is smart ppl who invented religion and stupid ppl follow religion :wink:

Last edited: