SG Live Bet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    You see why SAF scholars dont hit the headlines like the smaller fries Ng Boon Gay and Peter Lim? Cause all they know is how to tekan juniors and wait for their rapid promotion to at least BG and then get thrown into the GLCs or GRCs then become Million Dollar ministers. SCDF and CNB have to deal on the ground dirt all day long.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,939
    My Reputation Points: 3918 / Power: 13

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    SAF everything inside is green world.
    Unlike the outside world so colorful.
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,486
    My Reputation Points: 841 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    SAF everything inside is green world.
    Unlike the outside world so colorful.

    SAF chaps never see big snake shit. Frogs in well.

    SPF chaps see too many things. Legs limbek, remove pants. That's why always in trouble.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,474
    My Reputation Points: 646 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Someone from the Force told me that everyday in the Police without an exception is day laden with temptation. Women throwing themselves at cops, Ah Long want to buy dinner, Entertainment outlets offer free drinks. It never stops.

    In the SAF what exactly is there ? Cheap beer and food!

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDragon View Post
    SAF chaps never see big snake shit. Frogs in well.

    SPF chaps see too many things. Legs limbek, remove pants. That's why always in trouble.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,486
    My Reputation Points: 841 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Someone from the Force told me that everyday in the Police without an exception is day laden with temptation. Women throwing themselves at cops, Ah Long want to buy dinner, Entertainment outlets offer free drinks. It never stops.

    In the SAF what exactly is there ? Cheap beer and food!
    During my time in service, I used to complain one mouth wasn't enough. Too many invitations for lunch and dinner. All at reputable restaurants. Once evenings came, knna, many invitations to nightclubs. In-between lunch and dinner, invitations to go massage or wash hair. Machiam emperor's lifestyle. When weekends arrived, invitations to punt together at someone's house or private club. Those were the days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23,871
    My Reputation Points: 3970 / Power: 16

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Someone from the Force told me that everyday in the Police without an exception is day laden with temptation. Women throwing themselves at cops, Ah Long want to buy dinner, Entertainment outlets offer free drinks. It never stops.

    In the SAF what exactly is there ? Cheap beer and food!
    Police don't get the chance to use the wonderful SAF insect repellent gel.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,025
    My Reputation Points: 732 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by scroobal View Post
    Someone from the Force told me that everyday in the Police without an exception is day laden with temptation. Women throwing themselves at cops, Ah Long want to buy dinner, Entertainment outlets offer free drinks. It never stops.

    In the SAF what exactly is there ? Cheap beer and food!
    For sure, the experience with the SPF is broader, deeper, colourful, musical and a treat for the eyes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    My point being, dont be a SCDF scholar like Peter lim. Always join the SAF like CCS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,939
    My Reputation Points: 3918 / Power: 13

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by steffychun View Post
    My point being, dont be a SCDF scholar like Peter lim. Always join the SAF like CCS
    Supposedly the top scholars are snapped up by SAF yearly....with 1-2 going to SPF.
    SCDF will get all the leftovers.
    If someone like CCS is cream of the crop then....
    You should be able to gauge the calibre that filtered down to SCDF.
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    Supposedly the top scholars are snapped up by SAF yearly....with 1-2 going to SPF.
    SCDF will get all the leftovers.
    If someone like CCS is cream of the crop then....
    You should be able to gauge the calibre that filtered down to SCDF.
    So SAF scholars dont have any Libido while SCDF ones or small fry CNB have?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oxley Rise
    Posts
    4,077
    My Reputation Points: 392 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    In Singapore context the SAF is a toothless tiger and that is why LKY has a firm gripped on the Ministry of Home Affairs especially ISD, CPIB and others.
    Power lies in home affairs and it will always be in the familee hands.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by hairylee View Post
    In Singapore context the SAF is a toothless tiger and that is why LKY has a firm gripped on the Ministry of Home Affairs especially ISD, CPIB and others.
    Power lies in home affairs and it will always be in the familee hands.
    If that is so why the sex scandals? Why didnt Lee monitoring the movements of Boon Gay and Peter?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,939
    My Reputation Points: 3918 / Power: 13

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by steffychun View Post
    So SAF scholars dont have any Libido while SCDF ones or small fry CNB have?
    Take a look at No porn Liu (name says it all), kiddish CCS or the robotic Yam Ah Mee....you get the picture.
    I could be wrong but I guess SAF got less temptation (look at the fugly chief clerks).
    Only Winston Choo's time was when he hand picked all the chio female officers.
    Last edited by Narong Wongwan; 13-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23,871
    My Reputation Points: 3970 / Power: 16

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    With the paper scholar system, LKY was deliberately neutering the top brass of the military by making sure that only the pale-faced feeble bookworms can join their ranks.

    No risk of a military coup you see. Just keep the generals well-fed, well paid, restrict the number of years they are in Mindef, and later co-opt them into the ranks of the ruling party or its various GLCs. They will happily toe the line.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by laksaboy View Post
    With the paper scholar system, LKY was deliberately neutering the top brass of the military by making sure that only the pale-faced feeble bookworms can join their ranks.

    No risk of a military coup you see. Just keep the generals well-fed, well paid, restrict the number of years they are in Mindef, and later co-opt them into the ranks of the ruling party or its various GLCs. They will happily toe the line.
    Guess he forgot about the fire brigade.

    Is Neo Kian Hong neutered?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,025
    My Reputation Points: 732 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by laksaboy View Post
    With the paper scholar system, LKY was deliberately neutering the top brass of the military by making sure that only the pale-faced feeble bookworms can join their ranks.

    No risk of a military coup you see. Just keep the generals well-fed, well paid, restrict the number of years they are in Mindef, and later co-opt them into the ranks of the ruling party or its various GLCs. They will happily toe the line.
    Restrict the years a general is the CDF, whereas Winston Choo was CDF for a very long time.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie99 View Post
    Restrict the years a general is the CDF, whereas Winston Choo was CDF for a very long time.
    Choo was and is unfortunately pro-PAP. The Scholar system started just around Choo's 3-star time.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,102
    My Reputation Points: 794 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    Take a look at No porn Liu (name says it all), kiddish CCS or the robotic Yam Ah Mee....you get the picture.
    I could be wrong but I guess SAF got less temptation (look at the fugly chief clerks).
    Only Winston Choo's time was when he hand picked all the chio female officers.
    Care to share the chiobus names?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,939
    My Reputation Points: 3918 / Power: 13

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Quote Originally Posted by steffychun View Post
    Care to share the chiobus names?
    Every passing out parade for women OCS Winston Choo will be there to handpick them to work in his office.
    He himself was handpicked by LKY and was his blue eye boy godson.
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    125
    My Reputation Points: 25 / Power: 0

    Default Re: Why it pays to be an SAF scholar and not others...

    Winston Choo's time many lady officers came from SIA as requirement for lady officers included height! Now plenty of 5 feet 0 inches in the Armed Forces.

    Still, it is not true that there are zero scandals in the SAF. Firstly, the regulars are monitored by Military Security Department (which includes many seconded from Police Force, Special Branch, ISD etc). And even if they discovered anything, it is kept within their doors until situation calls for the details to be released. And the best part is anyone suspected of anything is brought before their own Military Court. Typically, the punishment within the military is more severe than local courts. And even if the Military Court were to show some leniency, the Armed Forces Council (chaired by the Defence Minister) can impose higher punishment on the culprits, which they consistently do to drive home to everyone to toe-the-line.

    Opportunities for one to be corrupt abound equally in both the SPF and SAF. It is just that the self-policing is better within the SAF.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. It pays to poon pee pee!
    By Baluku in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM
  2. who pays the bill for NDP
    By KelvinSeet in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 08:00 AM
  3. In recession..what happens to the IR's..and who pays?
    By josephus in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-10-2008, 10:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •