• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boon Gay - I am not a corrupt officer; I will fight charges

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you should know too that he's a casualty of infighting and shenaniganary in the mha. it happens when there's new management. wks truly fucked up his old job. the tripartite of bl, et (not eddie) and tss is still in charge in the shadows although pmo thinks it has the upper hand. the problem now lies with teo (not eddie) and pm and how they deal with entrenched bureaucrats.

Yes, I heard about that 'theory' though I am not so sure that was the causal factor behind what's happening. Was told new PS wanted the whole place cleaned up. Being brother-in-law of an ex-high ranking police officer who was told to leave by MHA, maybe this is payback time?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes..but that is not the way it is here..have seen AGC secure convictions in our Courts with little of evidence and some of it plainly circumstantial..IMO, I hope NBG goes to trial..all I can say is..it will be very interesting..

If NBG fails at the District Court level, he should head for the High Court whereby they are far more likely to be more objective in non-political cases.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the trial by public opinion, he is already guilty, i think.
Just a hypothethical questionwhat will happen if CS declares that it was all for fun? can someone answer here?
unfortunately, it could well be true that NBG did it because he has the hots for CS...or even the feeling could be mutual, but in the end, does it matter in the end now that it already in court?

how many collateral damage? could this matter be settled if he have just offered to resign in the first place? This case is also bad for the covil service as a whole, I think. He could have just been dismissed for mis conduct. really messy if prosecution loses.

My take on this case: He think he is king. Most probably coming from good school; Scholar and all; fast track career; He think he can do no wrong. See this gal, CS, feeling horny, try his luck, maybe not so confident, link it to a contract. My take is that put him away for good.

Agree with you that one is never innocent till proven guilty here. It is the reverse - guilty till proven innocent.

If CS declares all done in the name of FUN and never linked to any contracts (negative statement), then CPIB must show otherwise. CPIB will also probe CS if she was given privilege information. Whether a deal was secured in the end doesn't really matter. But, that would fall under the OSA.

Given the high profile nature and publicity, unlikely NBG would be permitted to resign. The prevailing climate then did not allow it to be a 'private' matter. If that Col Nelson Yau and Comdr PCG, SAC Teo KIan Teck had to resign for their 'sin', NBG's case is many times more serious. Resignation was never an option for NBG, PSC, PMO and MHA.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In cases of corruption against a senior civil servant the burden of proof is significantly different from say a case of theft or violent crime such as rape. All the prosecution has to show the following
1) There is commercial transaction that is going to take place - I suspect that either contracts had been signed or being considered by him or his Dept
2) There was good or services that was received by the civil servant during this period of time. In this there was 4 instances of sex being provided.

It up to the defendent to give a reasonable purpose or motive for engaging in sex. A civil servant and especially a senior servant will know what a conflict of interest is and this is a outstanding case of one. There have been instances where civil servants have declared vested interest with a service provider either having a sexual relationship or is a relative or golf buddy and therefore have made the appropriate declaration to their superiors.

His only hope is if he can prove the following
1) He fell in love with her madly and can provide emails, SMSes etc where he professes his love for her and vice versa
2) He made a prior declaration of a relationship
3) That no sex too place- He is already fucked in this regard as his lawyer has confirmed it via press release that there was personal indiscreation ( not a smart SC, never show your cards) as the lady might turn out to be a hostile prosecution witness.
4) No contract was signed or was in consideration.

In essence he is totally fucked unless the lady drops dead. Many people still fight such cases in order to maintain their innocence for the sake of their family and friends. I know an SAF scholar whose brother is a convicted rapist but he claimed that his brother was fixed up. After release from prison the brother did it again.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I heard about that 'theory' though I am not so sure that was the causal factor behind what's happening. Was told new PS wanted the whole place cleaned up. Being brother-in-law of an ex-high ranking police officer who was told to leave by MHA, maybe this is payback time?

very likely it's payback. how's retirement and looking in from the outside? feels good right? no more internal politics which imo is worse than what goes on outside.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very likely it's payback. how's retirement and looking in from the outside? feels good right? no more internal politics which imo is worse than what goes on outside.

Feels good alright. Also, complete freedom to mix with persons of ill repute, freedom to bet with illegal bookies, freedom to go KTVs, HFJs and fuckshops. Most importantly, can masuk here and TCSS. Internal politics? Hahahaaaa. Heard it is worse nowadays.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Feels good alright. Also, complete freedom to mix with persons of ill repute, freedom to bet with illegal bookies, freedom to go KTVs, HFJs and fuckshops. Most importantly, can masuk here and TCSS. Internal politics? Hahahaaaa. Heard it is worse nowadays.

which is why i am ok with these hotshots earning high "hazard" pay. live by the sword, die by one. the lucky ones complete the obstacle course unscathed, albeit with few bruises. :p

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
To succeed, the lawyers acting for NBG will need to delink the alleged sexual gratification to the contract secured. Not an easy task though. Good luck to NBG and his lawyers.

The contracts awarded are in black and white, while favours exchanging hands are of their own admissions. There's nothing much the lawyers can do about that. The only contest is how he had allegedly helped in furthering the interest of the company the woman worked for.

To digress abit, I read somewhere NBG was probed sometime back for insider trading of some sort but due to insufficient evidence was let off with a written warning. This man is corrupt, no doubt at all. I think this man destroyed too many lives in his career with the Force, it's his turn now. What goes around, comes around.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am speaking as a man. First time only bj I can believe. Second time again only bj I will try to believe. Third time still only bj how to believe? Forth time still only bj even if the man only want bj the woman will want to go all the way. Tio boh?

Did she swallow??:biggrin: prosecution have to produce evidence!:wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did she swallow??:biggrin: prosecution have to produce evidence!:wink:

Maybe he knows (or heard rumours) about her fucking the entire neighbourhood, so oral sex is a safer, healthier choice than sticking your ding dong into her sewer.

healthier_choice.jpg

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am speaking as a man. First time only bj I can believe. Second time again only bj I will try to believe. Third time still only bj how to believe? Forth time still only bj even if the man only want bj the woman will want to go all the way. Tio boh?

Not necessarily. Some married women feel less guilty this way because in her mind, bj isnt sex. Again, in her mind, she had not really betrayed her husband. :wink:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corrupt means corrrupt, whatever aside. He can deny but he cant repudiate.

So what will happen if he is found not guilty of corruption?! Do you think he can still get his old job back? Once investigated by CPIB... Can kiss gahment job bye bye lah...

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what will happen if he is found not guilty of corruption?! Do you think he can still get his old job back? Once investigated by CPIB... Can kiss gahment job bye bye lah...

If acquitted, it will be easier for him to get his life back on in private sector right? Once convicted, he will be labelled as an ex-convict, much more difficult to get a job.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
His only hope is if he can prove the following
1) He fell in love with her madly and can provide emails, SMSes etc where he professes his love for her and vice versa
2) He made a prior declaration of a relationship
3) That no sex too place- He is already fucked in this regard as his lawyer has confirmed it via press release that there was personal indiscreation ( not a smart SC, never show your cards) as the lady might turn out to be a hostile prosecution witness.
4) No contract was signed or was in consideration.

In essence he is totally fucked unless the lady drops dead. Many people still fight such cases in order to maintain their innocence for the sake of their family and friends. I know an SAF scholar whose brother is a convicted rapist but he claimed that his brother was fixed up. After release from prison the brother did it again.

1) Either he has those emails and SMSes or he has not. Can't fabricate now.
2) Obviously that wasn't made. Else it would be difficult for AGC to press charges. The supervisor who was told and yet let him continue to work with C on projects should be taken to task too.
3) Maybe C already admitted. So even if they do not show cards, prosecution is still holding the Aces.
4) There are contracts from what I heard.

So I agree with your assessment. He is totally fucked!

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To succeed, the lawyers acting for NBG will need to delink the alleged sexual gratification to the contract secured. Not an easy task though. Good luck to NBG and his lawyers.

With respect, I submit that the prosecution has to prove that after NBG obtained those sexual favours, he influenced or persuaded a committee or recommended that that lady's employer's bid and/or contract be the successful bidder or its contract be approved.

Whereas, the legal counsel for the accused will have to cast doubt on the prosecution's evidence, and prove that his personal indiscretions are unrelated to those bids or contracts.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No idea bro. Given the personality involved, I suspect a senior DPP will be entrusted to prosecute this case.

There is absolutely nothing for NBG to lose now except his pension and medical benefits. His reputation and that of his family has already been destroyed and is no longer part of the equation. He should fight this as if his life is at stake.

I do not know PL at all but I know NBG. Nice man. He probably did not think the sexual acts fell into the PCA. What if there was 'kumcheng' involved and CS would have performed the same act even if no contract was at stake? Could it be possible that NBG received the same type of service from other women even though there was no contract to be awarded?
Yeah right, who knows?

Maybe cecilia sue volunteered to be in court as his witness to say there is love & both like to blow and be blown.
Still given their context and official dealings, it is debatable. In the extreme, he walks free the whole process is severe punishment in itself already.

Tio bor?