• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the Value Add of Lim Boon Heng to Temasick Holdings?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Former PAP minister Lim Boon Heng appointed as director of Temasek Holdings[/h]Posted by temasektimes on June 7, 2012
Former PAP minister Lim Boon Heng has been appointed as director of Temasek Holdings with effect from 1 June 2012 as reflected on its official website:

Mr Lim holds several positions in the Singapore government from 1993 to 2011. His last position was a Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office. He was also a former Secretary-General of Singapore’s only legal trade union NTUC.
It is a common practice in Singapore for retired ministers to be appointed as directors of government-linked companies. A former PAP minister Dr Lee Boon Yang, a vet by training, was appointed as a director of shipbuilding company Keppel Holdings after he relinquished his cabinet position last year.
Temasek Holdings is Singapore’s second largest sovereign wealth fund and its CEO is Ho Ching, the wife of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He's a very talented individual with helicopter vision and astute skills when it comes to financial management. He will be an asset to any organisation.

Temasek is very lucky to have secured his services. This man could have landed a higher paying job anywhere in the world. To forego other more lucrative offers so that he can continue to serve Singaporeans displays the selfless character of Mr Lim.

With him on board, Temasek should be able to improve its performance beyond the 17% annual return that it has been enjoying thus far.

I wish Mr Lim well in his new position.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's a very talented individual with helicopter vision and astute skills when it comes to financial management. He will be an asset to any organisation.

Temasek is very lucky to have secured his services. This man could have landed a higher paying job anywhere in the world. To forego other more lucrative offers so that he can continue to serve Singaporeans displays the selfless character of Mr Lim.

With him on board, Temasek should be able to improve its performance beyond the 17% annual return that it has been enjoying thus far.

Agree with your views. Wonder if he brought his PA along or found a new one. Temasek wouldn't have problems paying the PA superscale salary.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dont have to be talented to be in Temasek, you dolt! All you need is a thick skin, eagerness to suck cocks and lick balls.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP govt practices a very aggressive policy of active ageing, especially for its ex-Ministers. Ever concerned that they must be let off to lucrative and rewarding pastoral retirement, Temasek holdings is naturally the best holding place or the last resting ground for these dying breeds of super-talents. As ex-Minister of Active Ageing in the PM office, he has to show an excellent example of how the Old should be treated, not least of all, serve as the best personal example. It is not important if Temasek makes money or where it gets the money to keep them on its payroll. Theirs is not to question why; theirs is but to do and die.

It is a common practice in Singapore for retired ministers to be appointed as directors of government-linked companies. A former PAP minister Dr Lee Boon Yang, a vet by training, was appointed as a director of shipbuilding company Keppel Holdings after he relinquished his cabinet position last year.
Temasek Holdings is Singapore’s second largest sovereign wealth fund and its CEO is Ho Ching, the wife of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You dont have to be talented to be in Temasek, you dolt! All you need is a thick skin, eagerness to suck cocks and lick balls.

You're just jealous because the position wasn't offered to you. :rolleyes:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boon Heng cries yet again. Of joy this time. Joins Temasek Board.

Singapore's investment company Temasek Holdings has appointed former minister Lim Boon Heng as a member of its board, bringing the total number to nine.

Mr Lim, 64, is currently deputy chairman of the Singapore Labour Foundation.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't require much in the way of daily living. The marginal gain is certainly not worth the lip blisters from all that sucking and licking. Besides my skin is way too gossamer thin.

If they really need so much, I can ship them a truck load of Hell banknotes in prep for their imminent departures.

You're just jealous because the position wasn't offered to you. :rolleyes:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you serious that you know that he is so capable?
I doubt that he is a director who will add value to the Board of Directors, and/or Temasek Holdings.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ho Ho Ho.

Christmas comes early this year for Croc Lim. Together with his Ministerial and MPs pensions and now his Temasek pension, ho-sey liaw.

This is the SIA board director who could not handle the pilots, the old man had to step in and during the whole meeting, he sat sheepishly like an errant school boy who was caught stealing sweets from another boy.

He will fit in well in his new position.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I believe Lim Boon Heng will add value to Temasek and Singaporeans as a whole. I also believe that Kanina is a perfectly rational human being with correct judgement and that there are lifeforms growing on the surface of the Sun.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Namah, I thought it was sadness but actually it was tears of joy!

euXy9.gif

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's so obvious that LBH is so talented. So, shed more tears like him n KBW,
hypocritc or not; n thou shall be greatly rewarded at life's next stage.

But hey, hv he ever got investment/financial experiences before?
So, this is self anserable.