• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Muhammad Exist? An Inquiry into Islam’s Obscure Origins

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his excellent new book “Did Muhammad Exist? An Inquiry into Islam’s Obscure Origins,” Robert Spencer has questioned the very existence of Prophet Muhammad. Robert bases his thesis of the non-existence of Muhammad on the following key reasons.

Quoting from Spencer:

“No record of Muhammad’s reported death in 632 appears until more than a century after that date.

The early accounts written by the people the Arabs conquered never mention Islam, Muhammad, or the Qur’an. They call the conquerors “Ishmaelites,” “Saracens,”“Muha- jirun,” and “Hagarians,” but never “Muslims.”

The Arab conquerors, in their coins and inscriptions, don’t mention Islam or the Qur’an for the first six decades of their conquests. Mentions of “Muhammad” are non-specific and on at least two occasions are accompanied by a cross. The word can be used not only as a proper name but also as an honorific.

The Qur’an, even by the canonical Muslim account, was not distributed in its present form until the 650s. Contradicting that standard account is the fact that neither the Arabians nor the Christians and Jews in the region mention the Qur’an until the early eighth century.

During the reign of the caliph Muawiya (661–680), the Arabs constructed at least one public building whose inscription was headed by a cross – a symbol abhorrent to Islam.

The lack of confirming detail in the historical record, the late development of biographical material about the Islamic prophet, the atmosphere of political and religious factionalism in which that material developed, and much more suggest that the Muhammad of Islamic tradition did not exist, or if he did, he was substantially different from how that tradition portrays him.”

One of the questions that must be addressed is why there is a “personality change” between the initial peaceful Mecca Surahs and the later violent Surahs. If the entire Quran was cooked up after the fact, there wouldn’t be that difference – as it would all come from the same “pot.”

I accept Spencer’s premise of the creation of the myth of a warrior prophet. But I do not believe that these ruthless conquerors had the genius or foresight to create the initial Mecca peaceful teachings and then the violence, sex slave, conquest, violent teachings etc. Without these initial Mecca peaceful teachings granting religious credibility cloaking the murderous evil teachings, Islam would cease to exist. Again there is no way these rulers could have thought this out. It seems more plausible that there was a failed preacher Muhammad who actually created a religion called Islam, God – Allah, book – Quran and then went to historical oblivion like so many thousands of other failed preachers. These 7th century Islamic rulers discovered this man with his already made religion Islam and build their warrior prophet hero mythology – what Spencer termed “legendary hero” to unify their empire.

Following is another explanation

Throughout history, there have been many men who have pertained to be prophets of God possessing a special relationship with God including communicating with God or an intermediary. The fact that there would have been a man called Muhammad proclaiming to be a prophet around 610 AD claiming to be receiving divine teachings thru Angel Gabriel would not have been unusual.

We know that Islam is divided into 2 phases; the initial Mecca phase where Muhammad preaches peace and tolerance and the Medina phase in which the Quran becomes a violent, military manual of death and destruction bent on conquering the world for Allah, subjugating its peoples and destroying all other religions.

It is important to understand that Islam without the initial Meccan peaceful teachings would have gone to oblivion. Without the cover provided by these early teachings, Islam would have lacked any religious creditability masking the Medina call to conquest.

Prophet Muhammad was born around 570 AD in Mecca. He belonged to the Quraysh tribe of Mecca. Muhammad became a trader who married an older, rich woman. One day in 610, he claims to have met the angel Gabriel in a cave on Mount Hira. Gabriel transmits teachings from God to Muhammad. For the next 13 years, Muhammad labors as a preacher trying to convince the Jews, Christians that his God – Allah is the same God as worshipped by them and convince them and the pagan Arabs to join his new religion Islam and become Muslims. After 13 years, with his wife dead and no success in Mecca, Muhammad departs Mecca for Medina with a small band of believers where he dies. After his death, his followers collected the revelations Muhammad claimed to have received from Gabriel into the Quran. Muhammad, Islam, Allah and the Quran go to historical oblivion.

Muhammad would have disappeared from history if it had not been for the leaders of the Arab empire who near the end of the 7th century needed a religious ideology to unify the empire.

Quoting Spencer:

“Historical records make clear that toward the end of the seventh century and the beginning of the eighth, the Umayyad leaders of the Arab domains began to speak much more specifically than anyone had before about Islam, its prophet, and eventually its book. Muhammad, if he did not exist, or if his actual deeds were not known, would certainly have been politically useful to the new Arab Empire as a legendary hero. The empire was growing quickly, soon rivaling the Byzantine and Persian Empires in size and power. It needed a common religion—a political theology that would provide the foundation for the empire’s unity and would secure allegiance to the state.”

These leaders discovered that hundreds of years before there had been a preacher born in Mecca who had preached a new religion called Islam, followers were called Muslims of a God called Allah and had a book recording this new religion’s teachings. In short, they had a pre-packaged religion and their necessary “legendary hero” upon which to build the mythology of their warrior prophet.

At this point, they turned the Quran and Islam into a military ideology with their God – Allah rewarding his followers with a virgin delight Paradise for those who killed kafirs or were slain in the attempt, as many sex slaves as they could conquer, women as their property and 80% of the booty from the conquered territories. To finance the conquests, a special tax was imposed on the Jews and Christians and later the Hindus.

These new teachings were incorporated into the original peaceful Quran and the original peace teachings were cleverly utilized to give Islam its religious cloak to deceive the kafirs while the Muslim armies planned their military demise. Of course, the new Quran’s teachings abrogated Muhammad’s original Quran.

If this is so, then Prophet Muhammad was a good man who never killed, raped, terrorized, tortured anyone but tried to make a difference to his community. Prophet Muhammad after his death would have joined Gabriel in heaven.

The Muslim men followers of this new Islam created by these evil leaders upon their death would not ascend to any paradise filled with virgins but descended into hell to join not only these evil Islamic conquerors but all the other killers of history: Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc who sold their souls for power.

A WAY OUT

The bastardization of the original Quran and the creation of a monster from Prophet Muhammad life by these men of evil gives Muslim men a way out of the Islamic nightmare that now perils mankind. Muslim men could rise up and renounce these pretenders, denounce their warrior prophet fabrication and embrace Prophet Muhammad and his teachings. Unfortunately this is not going to happen.

Muslim men will never give up the benefits granted to them by these later teachings made up by these Islamic conquerors. Their women and children are their property, unlimited sex with sex slaves, child brides, unlimited booty, unlimited political power and unlimited eternal sex.

So tonight, Prophet Muhammad is in heaven to be joined by all Muslim women who having been brain washed and mentally and physically abused from their birth deserve external solace while all their sons, brothers, fathers, husbands having been born with free will have chosen to follow evil condemning their souls for all eternity.

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
good write up on islam. i am glad you can bring out historical points and opinions on this religion.
do another unbiased view on christianity? i'm pretty sure you find it quite similar- religion has always been a tool for war.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever heard of Bible archeology? Probably yes but I am sure you are not familiar with it. Maybe its time for you to educate yourself before you start making wild claims sir.

Ever heard of Quran archeology? Never. It doesn't exist, and for good reasons.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever heard of Bible archeology? Probably yes but I am sure you are not familiar with it. Maybe its time for you to educate yourself before you start making wild claims sir. Ever heard of Quran archeology? Never. It doesn't exist, and for good reasons.

You're playing with fire, Kinana, stoking fires through your posts on religions. Just be careful who's watching you. You're getting closer to impacting Singapore's religious harmony.

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_archaeology
Here is the list of artifacts dug up. Doesn’t answer any questions. Scrolls and evidence of temples and pottery during biblical
times etc Nothing to prove anything.

What we are looking for sir, is first-hand accounts or even second-hand accounts

Let me educate you on this one. Roughly.

What are first-hand accounts? John broke the vase. Mary saw it and told Peter.

Here John writes the first hand account – Today I broke the vase. <b>FIRST HAND ACCOUNT.</b>

Mary writes about it too: I saw John broke the vase. <b>SECOND HAND ACCOUNT</b>

Peter heard about it and wrote: Mary told me John broke the vase. <b>THIRD HAND ACCOUNT</b>

Historians look for first or second hand accounts why? More accurate la. The gospels of luke matthew and mark are know as third hand accounts. The gospel witten by an unknown person about a person who followed jesus. (The gospel <b>according</b> to mark etc)

What makes this life of jesus so remarkable is that there are no second-hand account of him ever walking. The bible writes about him like this <b> Matthew 4:13 13 Jesus left Nazareth. He went to live in the city of Capernaum. It was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali.Matthew </b> and the bible also said about jesus <b> Matthew 4:23 23 Jesus went all over Galilee. There he taught in the synagogues. He preached the good news of God's kingdom. He healed every illness and sickness the people had.</b>

Lets take a while to absorb this,
1) Firstly in no way during jesus time is there a place called Nazareth. One of the many mistakes of the bible (also unclear on where jesus was born. Bethehem or Nazareth)
2) All over galilee he preached and healed the sick. Please do note that during that era there are people capable of making secondhand accounts : poets, musicians, writers, even merchant. Lets read it again,. OVER GALILEE and HEALED people. This would have cause a stir. People coming all over for free treatment and to hear him. It would be quite the crowd wouldn’t it? How come no accounts of this? How come? No writings, no paintings?

My challenge to you is: Find us a credible source of such accounts and I for one will believe this god. Just one source. Oh and of course there are no accounts for the lineage of david. Moses, Abraham, Solomon, david. Kings during their time and no accounts of this. Really? They king of 1 donkey and 2 cats?

That’s education, Apply it wisely sir.

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever heard of Bible archeology? Probably yes but I am sure you are not familiar with it. Maybe its time for you to educate yourself before you start making wild claims sir.

Ever heard of Quran archeology? Never. It doesn't exist, and for good reasons.

Why i never heard of it? cause it all happen in the same period. the artifacts dug up in your little bible archeology are things that were there. Refer to my post above please. We want accounts. I repeat sir, accounts.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're playing with fire, Kinana, stoking fires through your posts on religions. Just be careful who's watching you. You're getting closer to impacting Singapore's religious harmony.

You mean its ok for you to attack theism or Chistianity and you think you can get away with it?
Just be careful who's watching you. You're getting closer to impacting Singapore's religious harmony

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean its ok for you to attack theism or Chistianity and you think you can get away with it? Just be careful who's watching you. You're getting closer to impacting Singapore's religious harmony

You really have no brain. I attacked you, and your severe lack of empathy and compassion, your hypocrisy. I'm a Christian, but a flawed and sinned one. But I believe we should embrace everyone (even you) regardless of whether they believe in God or not. I don't attack Atheists just because they have different beliefs when it comes to God.

Why would I attack Christianity when I'm a Christian. I attacked you, you nitwit, who doesn't even know how to hold a proper discourse based on logic and reasons. Yet you want to destroy Atheists and their beliefs? Go back to your cage and eat your bananas.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? show proofs that you are a Christian sir.

Haha, running out of ideas? And you call yourself a Christian? See my response to you in the other thread on my Christianity. You're not fit to talk about Christianity in this forum. Shameless primate masquerading as a Christian.

Go back to your cage and eat your bananas.

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you straying away from the topic so fast? You didn't even touch the challenge at all sir.

you just hopped over me sir and attack a fellow christian sir don't be so dumb sir. please sir.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allah-mak..........Mohammad existed..........nothing but a conman lah...........simply mixed Judaism and others and hatch a new religion.............

for power and wealth..................what else ?