• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh silly me. Why didn't i think of that! :P Are there car rental companies at the Johor checkpoint after Tuas?

Or maybe I can try taking cab? If it's easy to get. Cos it's mainly to get to the condo only. Or occasional shopping.

I don't think there's car rental at Tuas.
JB city got plenty. To drive from JB City to Medini is quite easy as there's a highway.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a car in SG. Don't wish to buy it also cos of the expensive COE.

But if I want to move around in Johor after crossing over to Tuas 2nd link, I suppose a car is essential. If I do buy a Malaysian registered car, where do I park it when I am at Johor customs?

I intend to do this maybe on weekends only. Is this feasible or are there other better ways?

It depends on what means you use to cross over Tuas link and where you disembark. You could buy an old car for few K ringgit and park with less worry about theft.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on what means you use to cross over Tuas link and where you disembark. You could buy an old car for few K ringgit and park with less worry about theft.
Only a moron will offer such an advice. What makes you so sure that an old car won't get stolen in Johor, especially during the deserted evening hours after the 2nd Link crossing? I doubt you have the statistics to prove yourself, and yet you can offer this kind of advice without any due consideration to the unaware owner. On the contrary, an old car is even more liable to be stolen because it has less security features and antiquated alarm/immobilizer, if any. That's very evil of you to be in this forum.

Don't display your pompous arrogance and snobbishness in this forum, especially if you are a Sinkie. A few k Ringgits may mean nothing to you, but not necessarily to others.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a moron will offer such an advice. What makes you so sure that an old car won't get stolen in Johor, especially during the deserted evening hours after the 2nd Link crossing? I doubt you have the statistics to prove yourself, and yet you can offer this kind of advice without any due consideration to the unaware owner. On the contrary, an old car is even more liable to be stolen because it has less security features and antiquated alarm/immobilizer, if any. That's very evil of you to be in this forum.

Don't display your pompous arrogance and snobbishness in this forum, especially if you are a Sinkie. A few k Ringgits may mean nothing to you, but not necessarily to others.

I offer my opinion in all humility. Given a very new car and an very old car parked at the same place, which one you think car thief would prefer? If theft has to occurred, isn't the loss of an old cheap car smaller than a brand new car? My opinion is not for you and I am not interested in arguing with you here. Try arguing with your grandchildren first may be they could help.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I offer my opinion in all humility. Given a very new car and an very old car parked at the same place, which one you think car thief would prefer? If theft has to occurred, isn't the loss of an old cheap car smaller than a brand new car? My opinion is not for you and I am not interested in arguing with you here. Try arguing with your grandchildren first may be they could help.
I don't give a damned whether your opinion is for whoever. Why are you replying to my post if you are not interested in arguing with me here? Say this for yourself, a hypocrite? Only a retard will continually contradict himself and make a fool of it in this forum.

Enticing others to lose their hard earned money in this forum through car purchases and risks getting stolen by parking long term at the 2nd Link vicinity, especially during the evening hours. Such humiliation can also be coming from a person like you, just like those Chinks. For the sake of money, you can even betray your own integrity and dignity. I always despise such people, especially the Chinks. Humility my foot.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given a very new car and an very old car parked at the same place, which one you think car thief would prefer?
Talked like as if you know the motive of the thief very well. Since you always like to brag in giving figures, why don't you research the statistics and post them here not for me, but for the benefit of the other forumers here? Your mentality is no better than a 10-year old retard.

For someone who is not even staying in JB currently, yet can still brag and give suggestions like as if you're a resident here for years already. Until you have your own 1st property in JB, otherwise, you are only shaming yourself here. In the meantime, do continue to slog in your 9-5 job to earn your keep for the downpayment.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can you be so wicked not to tell him to keep car safely in condo carpark? :smile:
Remove the battery and keep it in his condo. Reinstall when he want to use the car few weeks later.
Everyone know that car battery drains itself slowly over time if the car is left unused even for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can you be so wicked not to tell him to keep car safely in condo carpark? :smile:
Remove the battery and keep it in his condo. Reinstall when he want to use the car few weeks later.
Everyone know that car battery drains itself slowly over time if the car is left unused even for 2 weeks.

I am away for a while and there is so much happening here
Btw, no need to keep battery in condo right? Just disconnect the red and black terminals also can ? I tried 2 weeks without starting car before, still works.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am away for a while and there is so much happening here
Btw, no need to keep battery in condo right? Just disconnect the red and black terminals also can ? I tried 2 weeks without starting car before, still works.

Anti theft action. :smile:
Can also buy a battery charger and charge it in your own condo with auto cut off.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good suggestion, thanks. Finally got something useful from this forum instead of all the negative sentiments.

Those days, I even take off the rotor from the distributor cap. Sure way to stop car theft unless they come with tow truck.
It take only 30 seconds to plug back the rotor and clip back the cap.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those days, I even take off the rotor from the distributor cap. Sure way to stop car theft unless they come with tow truck.
It take only 30 seconds to plug back the rotor and clip back the cap.

This is beyond my capability, don't even know where this rotor is..haha...
Deep in the condo should be quite safe right...or no?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is beyond my capability, don't even know where this rotor is..haha...
Deep in the condo should be quite safe right...or no?

Joking only lar...
Battery taken out, parked in condo is good enough.
If car somemore kena stolen, then time to move out of condo liao.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joking only lar...
Battery taken out, parked in condo is good enough.
If car somemore kena stolen, then time to move out of condo liao.

In my mind I was thinking about removing the wheels and keep in condo to be absolutely sure.

Btw I applied for an account for the vep, waited for 3 hours the confirmation email haven't come...is this what they called the snail mail?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

When some one is beyond redemption(or salvation). Better not waste time.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BAHRU: There are no obstacles or constraints in implementing and enforcing the Vehicle Entry Permit System (VEP) when charges are imposed on July 16.

Johor Public Works, Rural and Regional Development Committee Chairman Hasni Mohammad said the system was now going through a test run to see its effectiveness on vehicles from across the Causeway until July 15.

“After several delays, we have now activated the payment system since June 1 on a trial basis, but the vehicles from Singapore have yet to be charged RM20.

“We have seen that the drivers from Singapore are co-operating well by following the procedures and the set guidelines,” he told reporters after launching the Road Transport Department’s “Jelajah Amal Ramadan Skuad Muda 1” at the Al-Hidayah surau, here today.

“I do not see any problems as we have given ample time (for owners) to register (their) vehicles.”
He said 120,000 foreign vehicles had registered for the VEP although online registration will remain open until end of the year.

– BERNAMA

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed at VEP registration, when the link for activation did not work, try copy the email that contain the link for activation to another new email or note and from here then copy the url of the link for activation to use as address. Check that the url is for the VEP and not your email.

Get ready your passport, log card, Insurance and road tax before registration.

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never never take a blue cab in JB:: U have to pay at least 2 times or more than normal cab. Just for info. Thanks

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
i noticed at vep registration, when the link for activation did not work, try copy the email that contain the link for activation to another new email or note and from here then copy the url of the link for activation to use as address. Check that the url is for the vep and not your email.

Get ready your passport, log card, insurance and road tax before registration.

马国即将落实vep措施,狮城车主成功上网申请后,要如何取得入境证贴纸?柔佛关卡人员传出,本月15日开始,狮城车主可以到大士关卡领取入境证贴纸,可是受询的马国交通部官员说,他们也不清楚。

马来西亚政府预计将从下个月16日起,正式开始向从柔佛入境的外国车辆征收20令吉(约7新元)的入境费。

狮城车主可通过当地陆路交通局官方网站登记,并向陆路交通局委托的业者领取一张无线射频识别系统(rfid)入境证贴纸,将贴纸张贴在车辆挡风镜上。