• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which one is safer? 2nd hand 8th Generation Accord or Brand New Proton Perdana?:biggrin:

Brand new Proton Perdana of course.
Reason is Proton Perdana is now the rebadged version of Accord, now called Accordana. Even Najib is using one already.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely, most people do not look at spec and only know branding, even if they do look at the spec, they do not understand the technical aspects.

I was impressed that Proton recently upgraded the safety features for all Preve lineup with lower selling price, 6 airbags / ABS & EBD / Brake Assist & Traction Control / Electronic Stability Control / ISOFIX Seat Mountings / Auto Projector Headlamp with LED Daylight / Active Headrest & Seatbelt Pre-tensioner are now standard features already.:smile:

And Hatch back version of Preve called Proton Suprima is even more better.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
DRB Hicom owns Proton and Honda. So they swap la....cos Honda Accord got new model in Sept 2013. So the 2012 model go to Proton. So Proton Perdana reliable?

peep into e interior..oredi sian half. let Najib have it..(dun say i say one) :p

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
simi Accordana.. :confused: :confused: may i know is it proton bot over mitsubishi or honda..

is it limited edition? :biggrin:

>> haha...now i know liao..

http://cforum.cari.com.my/portal.php?mod=view&aid=42803 :rolleyes:

after reading through..
>> proton = OEM car. :p

from what i heard from car salesman before, it is not totally OEM, some (non-critical) parts are local and not the original Japan brand part and with time, they will replace more and more with local parts..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what i heard from car salesman before, it is not totally OEM, some (non-critical) parts are local and not the original Japan brand part and with time, they will replace more and more with local parts..

they just simply assemble/sell a car with different parts from other car manufacturers, can it last after a few yrs... IMO.
I believed a good/reliable car requires numberous of stress test before roll out to the market.

i'm not against them, but got many options...:p

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
they just simply assemble/sell a car with different parts from other car manufacturers, can it last after a few yrs... IMO.
I believed a good/reliable car requires numberous of stress test before roll out to the market.

i'm not against them, but got many options...:p

It happen in countries where they assemble parts from other car manufacturers. They call them "International Cars". Instead of Honda, the name become Hongda. :p

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
It happen in countries where they assemble parts from other car manufacturers. They call them "International Cars". Instead of Honda, the name become Hongda. :p

2014-02-20-09-43-45-917035391.jpeg
Suggest tis logo, vintage. :p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Installed voltage stabilizer few days ago, v gd, power sia!:biggrin:

The psychological effect is really good. Have you tried nitrogen gas in tyres and fuel efficiency booster kits? Must also add wings to your car boot cover. They work great also! :p

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The psychological effect is really good. Have you tried nitrogen gas in tyres and fuel efficiency booster kits? Must also add wings to your car boot cover. They work great also! :p

The engine fly in front but the car body behind. That's what you get from those power boosters.
By the way, do you know that car wheels are just fastened to the car with just 1 nut?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The engine fly in front but the car body behind. That's what you get from those power boosters.
By the way, do you know that car wheels are just fastened to the car with just 1 nut?

Mine has four nuts per wheel.

Just to add, if your car engine does not need V-power grade petrol, there is no point pumping those because they won't make your car move faster or enjoy higher fuel efficiency. Just pump 1 or 2 petrol grades above the engine specs is safe and good enough. For most cars, RON 95 is already very good.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine has four nuts per wheel.

Just to add, if your car engine does not need V-power grade petrol, there is no point pumping those because they won't make your car move faster or enjoy higher fuel efficiency. Just pump 1 or 2 petrol grades above the engine specs is safe and good enough. For most cars, RON 95 is already very good.

Fren, 4 nuts only for wheel to the wheel hub. Wheel hub only 1 nut to the car. It is fixed to a tapered ball bearing. That's all. :smile:

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's why there are so many accidents - because of one "nut" holding the wheel!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

V satisfied with current performance, better than vios 1.5, can feel e car is lighter, but seems abit hard to stop/reduce in high speed, so v cautious on e rd.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
V satisfied with current performance, better than vios 1.5, can feel e car is lighter, but seems abit hard to stop/reduce in high speed, so v cautious on e rd.

It's psychological... if things are so good as claimed, car manufacturers will rush to put in before you.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's psychological... if things are so good as claimed, car manufacturers will rush to put in before you.

True, it is purely psychological...every car is designed with correct calibrations from engine output, gear ratios, wheel size, tires, brakes, anti skids, etc. If you put in extra boost, the gearbox might not take it or the traction control will go haywire as it is not programmed to factor this additional input. The electronic injection system would be affected as the gas/air ratios are tweaked. End result would be car out of control. Some may not be aware, Malaysian insurance companies do check if illegal modifications are made to the car. So no coverage if caught in any accidents.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, a friend of mine working in Suntec is looking for car pool (he don't own a SG car) to Jurong East or any of the MRT, he stay at Taman Mutiara Mas. He can meet up at BI or other Nusa Jaya town if need be.

Please PM me & I will pass his contact to U.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi , i like to find a reliable workshop in JB who can do proper sound proofing at an affordable rate ?