• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Reliable mechanic? Mr Satu Malaysia

Hi Crystal, i have always advocated this and i would do the following if i were in your shoes. If Korean or those marques where you will have a hard time getting parts, etc in Malaysia for, then go to your car dealership workshop and just buy from them the part (or order online like me) and then just take to any friendly mechanic to fix. That way you save on mechanic and parts costs, best of both worlds. 1 year back, i changed the powersteering motor on my Korean car as i bought it at the marque's workshop and brought it into MY to install. Same thing i did for the DVD players i bought online from Hong Kong, reverse cameras, etc.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Wuqi

Thanks for the advise.

Like to check with u guys , any gd recommedation to buy in car recorder (front n back view) ? Can satu Malaysia help to install ?
I am sick of hit n run cases on my bumpers liao le .... i think my m&d guard attract a lot of attention that they drive so near to see n bump to my car ....

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

^^Buy from ebay else if you need/require aftermarket service support, then mycarforum will be a good bet.

I agree with wuqi to buy the necessary parts either in SG or online and then fix it up in MY. That is what I do with my 20yr old car :smile:

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: New Causeway toll!

Just Signed S & P for Horizon Residence in Bt Indah & now they are increasing my Retirement COL. Guess have to travel less btw S'pore & JB after Toll increases. Sad, Sad, Sad. It may be Political Suicide for BN in Johore. Hope a U-Turn soon. Which is not uncommon in M"sia.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

hHi Wuqi,

Yours is cheaper. I just got a quote for $125/pc for 195/60. It comes with free rotation and balancing if you buy four.

Think I'll check with you later when my tires need replacement.

Cheers.

Hi Cameraman, thanks for your inputs, please let us know the pricing and brand.

For 4 tyres, Pirelli P6 (made in China) but has warranty against cracks, bulges, etc. Its 1050 RM for me so about $435 SGD in total. Thats the tyre i use currently for all my cars. In fact, i still have a set of 4 Pirelli P6 15" and all just 1 week old as i sold off an older car recently. Roughly about $108 SGD for each tyre. Michellin ones cost even cheaper.

As i have a few cars and all my relatives have cars, please let us know the name and pricing of the shop so that we can compare.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guys

Dun know why I never comfortable with china tyres leh ....as long as things from china , i will avoid
I rather have hankok korean tyres .....

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, you have to live with it. What is not from China nowadays?

I bet some parts of your cars are from China.

BTW, going to NI to settle my second 10% tomorrow.

Guys

Dun know why I never comfortable with china tyres leh ....as long as things from china , i will avoid
I rather have hankok korean tyres .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, you have to live with it. What is not from China nowadays?

I bet some parts of your cars are from China.

BTW, going to NI to settle my second 10% tomorrow.

hmm , certain parts cant avoid then bo pian , but tyres has other choices , i will go for other country.
Oh , do rem to update us the construction status ....thanks
Are u in NI FB ?

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why not consider using Silverstone tyres? It is a MY company but is now owned by Toyo. Their tyres are cheaper than most, using MY rubber and Jap design for the threads.

However, the most important thing about tyres is to buy the right type for your driving style, ensure they are properly inflated and to change them every 2 to 3 years regardless of how much more thread is left.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone know. It started or not. Any latest news regard the TOLL?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng heard that once they come into woodland checkpoint, they will meet the 1st ERP there manned by satellites.:biggrin: true or false?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the new toll is to be implemented, the businesses at johor will be affected. So many business are depending on Singaporean to pro up their business. It will be quite bad for the business owners. People still go in for the cheap petrol. No point to implement this. Everyone will be affected.

nk7610

Jb will have more to loss than gain. Petrol there is not that cheap considering the distance, time, toll and your tenancy to spell more becos its in rm

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro wuqi,

Does Mr SatuMalaysia also troubleshoot car problems?

There is some brake pedal issue with the car.

Thanks.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

^^Let me go on a limb here and state that any car mechanic worth his salt will be able to troubleshoot on top of carrying out oil servicing :smile:

But it is like going to see a doctor, the more information you can provide to the mechanic, the faster and more accurate the diagnosis will be and the right job will be done.

Typically for brakes the usual issues are:
1. Time to change brake fluid (once every two years)
2. Air in brake hose so need to bleed it out
3. Worn out brake pads
4. Warped rotors

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

^^Let me go on a limb here and state that any car mechanic worth his salt will be able to troubleshoot on top of carrying out oil servicing :smile:

But it is like going to see a doctor, the more information you can provide to the mechanic, the faster and more accurate the diagnosis will be and the right job will be done.

Typically for brakes the usual issues are:
1. Time to change brake fluid (once every two years)
2. Air in brake hose so need to bleed it out
3. Worn out brake pads
4. Warped rotors

Bro 2bFree,

Thanks for the info, I will let my brother know. His car was recently repaired after an accident and has some issue with the brakes.

Yes, car mechanics should be able to troubleshoot, just looking for a good and reliable one. :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

i realised that MY mechanics , they do not have the habit to check the car other parts unless we tell them.
Like in sg , we have those 20 or 30 pts check , with a check list ....
Nowadays , a lot of car are missing with 1 or 2 brake lights , its so dangerous ....

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

i realised that MY mechanics , they do not have the habit to check the car other parts unless we tell them.
Nowadays , a lot of car are missing with 1 or 2 brake lights , its so dangerous ....

Yes, I noticed that too, especially dangerous at night with the motorcycles. They only have 1 brake light and it is not working.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm, to be honest, those 20/30 pt checklist is only useful if the SG mechanics actually carry it out rather than go through the motion. I have seen workshops that supposedly carry out oil changes but did not or never replace oil filter or other similar cases which is why I prefer to be present to oversee the work regardless in SG or MY. Takes up time but safer if you take the long term view.