• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A plot bigger and more complicated than it seems...

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
People were complaining about the recent concert by Eric Moo where he was singing Christian song and preaching to his fans about God.

There is more than meets the eye that I think I should share with you guys.

The organiser of the concert, FlyerVision Entertainment is a part of CHC. After the complaint on STOMP, a fair number of netizens came in to defend Eric. These are the Christian IB (similar to those PAP IB) that the Christians formed after the AWARE incident which spun out of hand beginning from the internet.

What Eric and the Christian did was to make use of innocent unexpecting people and make them listen to "God's word" during a secular event. That to me is unethical. To make things worse, people were paying good money to attend the concert.

Not to mention the CAD investigation against CHC's pastor, Kong Hee that is still pending. They are probably hoping with bigger number of followers will put pressure on the authorities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uywFp14RyHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9TyxKsqS0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As one of the Chirstain wrote in her blog:

http://sevenbrielleyhubhub.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

This is our BBG group imagine tv network

My Business Breakthrough Group, a place I seek encouragement, a place God gave me visions, a place where I receive encouragement from the members,
a place I learn life is not about the destination its an overcoming journey.

Our destination is the day we become finishers of our life,
and my beloved heavenly Father to tell me, well done my daughter.

Thank you God for Business Breakthrough Group,
Thank you God for Eng Han and Janet
Thank you God for loving me through my leaders.
Thank you for planting me in City Harvest Church

I am not perfect, that is why I need you God.

The concert The Beast interview by imagine tv network; Flyer Vision
The doon won is very cute hor . . . They will be in KL 1st July,
mmmm why not Singapore.

I dont know

How come Lee hom is not in Singapore, I also dont know,
I will be the happiest if he comes to Singapore.
Can have a chance to be upclose and talk to him,
how nice.

God bless Flyer Vision so they bring more concerts in Singapore!
Why must it always be Unusual Production getting all the deals ?

Last edited:

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahhh, heng ah, my wife had free tickets from dunno where and asked me if I wanted to go. Lucky chinese music not my cup of tea, so i said "what for".

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another one of his holy followers.

bk55pumtoh9v.jpg

Eric Moo in CHC.

http://lockerz.com/s/9433107

On a single morning on Jan. 24, award-winning singer-songwriter, Eric Moo shared his testimony twice—first at the English service at Singapore Expo, and immediately after, across the island at the Chinese service in Jurong West.

He performed a total of two songs, one of which was the hit song he wrote for Taiwanese singer, Sandy Lam, “At Least There’s Still You”. Moo credits this song to God, inspired by his own salvation experience.

Moo started his music career at the age of 17 playing in a music group, Subway Band, and debuted on stage in 1986. He then released his first Mandarin album Feelings which topped the Singapore pop charts. He has since released over 40 albums and performed in more than 40 concerts in countries which include Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan in the past 26 years of his career.

Speaking in Mandarin, Moo talked about his first visit to CHC in 2008, and even showed the congregation where he sat in the service. He also shared his personal story of how he overcame his smoking addiction. As a new believer, he was still smoking regularly until God intervened through some of his friends. While in their company one day, he lit a cigarette and began smoking. His friends offered to pray with him to stop the unhealthy habit. By the grace of God, Moo testified that he has not picked up another cigarette stick since that day!

That Sunday morning showed another side to the entertainer. Moo carried the message of how a personal relationship with God can empower a person. He constantly gave glory to God for all that was taking place in his life and career.

Chen Yue Qun, 25, commented, “Moo’s testimony was an inspiration to me. His honesty and openness really touched me.”

http://hisperfecttiming.blogspot.com/2010/06/amazing-transformation-of-eric-moo.html

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iPgWipr6tQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

ben213us

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some "christians" from an anti-AWARE church that seriously believe yoga is a sin against their christian god

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to mention the CAD investigation against CHC's pastor, Kong Hee that is still pending. They are probably hoping with bigger number of followers will put pressure on the authorities.
Wah machiam you see HK movies the 大老 kena lim kopi in police station the kar kias all gather outside as show of force?
I think Pappies secretly scare of kong hee, perhaps trying to strike a deal with him to convert all CHC sheep to white

B

Baluku

Mai seow lah. Listen to a bit of Christian Music you all will be converted?

Arent we all too over reacted here a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eric's music is so bad after he converted.

Anyway, I just sang this song in office and my Christian friends throw things at me. That is how bad the song is.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iPgWipr6tQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those not happy can get refund already.

Found this on Flyervision website :

Notice 30 May 2012:

Dear All,

It is of utmost regret that "This Is My World" concert held last Sunday has caused unhappiness amongst our audience. We understand certain customers' reactions fully, and we regret to have allowed such actions to happen on the show night. As the Promoter of the concert, we wish to step out to make amends for the grievances caused. We will refund the tickets sold for the Concert to those who have been offended specifically by Eric Moo's segments. Patrons can write in to [email protected] or call the SISTIC booking hotline at 6348 5555 for refund enquiries before 17 June 2012.

We wish to clarify that we are aware and are not denying knowledge of Eric Moo's song list, which includes 4 secular songs and 5 gospel songs in his to-be-released gospel album. The song list had to be and was approved by the Media Development Authority prior to the show. In addition, we had no intention to hide from the public the fact that he was planning to release his gospel album for sale. This was disclosed in the Mandarin version of our marketing write-up.

What we did not anticipate or agree with Eric Moo was for him to turn certain segments of his concert into a gospel- worship concert, through actions such as kneeling, worshipping and asking fellow Christians to worship along with him. We understand certain of his strong words have also caused offense. These were, unfortunately, beyond our control as the Promoter. Hereby on this we seek the audience’s understanding.

With regards to the contradicting media reports from Eric Moo himself, we are disheartened to see how it has departed from the truth. Eric Moo had first initiated this concert to the Management of FlyerVision, and was primarily motivated to waive his artiste fees in exchange for a commercial platform to release his gospel album. Having said that, it was clearly communicated to Eric Moo from the start that FlyerVision will not make it a gospel-worship concert. We have clarified with Eric Moo our stand that despite allowing him to promote the sale of his new album and to perform a few songs from it, this would not imply that he was allowed to conduct a gospel-worship concert. Eric Moo has too acknowledged in agreement to all these the night he left at the airport on 28th May. The key to note is that FlyerVision did not ever sanction his words or actions on stage, which turned show segments into worship forms.

We reiterate that we do not have control, other than to have allowed the song list, over Eric Moo's choice of words and actions that night, which have caused discomfort and disturbance to our audience.

Nevertheless, FlyerVision will pick up the responsibility for the offense - in all fairness the offended parties need not have to participate in any debate as to who should bear the responsibility any further.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think it is not fair to those ppl who went for his concert mainly want to listen to his past famous song but not christain song. In the first place this (eric woo) collects money for the concert, if he want to sing gospel song he should organise a free concert for that purpose.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah machiam you see HK movies the 大老 kena lim kopi in police station the kar kias all gather outside as show of force?
I think Pappies secretly scare of kong hee, perhaps trying to strike a deal with him to convert all CHC sheep to white

They are already white, they worry KH turns them blue. :p