• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man dies after being stabbed multiple times in Bukit Merah

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man dies after being stabbed multiple times in Bukit Merah

20120529.114353_tnp_bukitmerah2.jpg

AsiaOne
Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SINGAPORE - A 25-year-old man was found with multiple open wounds after a fight at Blk 1005 Bukit Merah Lane 2 on May 28 at about 6.05pm.

According to the police, the unidentified man was later sent to Alexandra Hospital, where he subsequently succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at about 7.20pm.

On the same day, a 39-year-old man surrendered himself to the police and was placed under arrest.

According to eye-witnesses, the man was stabbed in front of a busy street yesterday afternoon, in front of a row of motor workshops at Bukit Merah Industrial Estate.

The New Paper reported that the assailant is believed to be an employee of one of the workshops in the area.

Madam Lynn, 32, was visiting a motor workshop in the vicinity with her husband when she noticed the man walking pass, before suddenly collapsing on the pavement near the gate of the Singapore Contractors Association.

She described the victim as having blonde hair and tattoos on his body. He was wearing a tight fitting black T-shirt and jeans.

When the man remained motionless on the pavement, she and a few others went to check on him, and was shocked to discover that he was bleeding profusely from multiple wounds.

She said she did not hear any shouting or arguments before the incident.

However, her husband, a 39-year-old clerk, said he had been approached by a "skinny" man in his 30s before the incident at about 5pm asking him if he was a friend of a man called "Man".

Madam Lynn's husband said that even after telling the man "no", he came back five minutes later to ask him again.

The unidentified man, who was dressed in a blue and white shirt and cargo pants, then said: "If you are Man's friend, ask him not to look for trouble or he better watch out."

The husband said he recognised the man as an employee of one of the workshops there.

The 39-year-old man under police custody will be charged in court on May 30 at 9am for an offence of murder.

[email protected]

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pic1.jpg

Police at the scene, where a 25-year-old man was found with multiple open wounds on May 28.

pic2.jpg

The fight resulted in a 25-year-old man's death. A 39-year-old man surrendered himself to the police.

pic3.jpg

Blood spotted at the scene of the stabbing. A witness describe the victim as having blonde hair and tattoos on his body.

pic4.jpg

Police officers pouring the contents of a rubbish bin back into the bin after going through it to check for evidence related to the stabbing.

pic5.jpg

A handphone seen lying near where the victim was found lying unconscious.

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Man to be charged with murder

Posted: 29 May 2012 1107 hrs

SINGAPORE: A man will be charged in court on Wednesday with the murder of a 25-year-old man at Bukit Merah Lane 2.

Police said on Monday evening, they received a call reporting a fight at Bukit Merah where the 25-year-old man was found injured.

He was brought to Alexandra Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead at about 7.20pm.

Later that day, a 39-year-old man surrendered himself to the police and was placed under arrest.

- CNA/cc

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fatal-stabbing suspect arrested

20120530.090522_bmerahmurder.jpg

By Ethan Lou
my paper

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SINGAPORE - 39-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a murder in Bukit Merah on Monday evening, police said.

The suspect is said to have surrendered himself to police hours after the incident.

The alleged weapon - a kitchen knife - was also recovered from the scene, reported Chinese evening newspaper Lianhe Wanbao.

The suspect is known to his colleagues as "Ah Khoon", and was said to have been chatting with the victim under a tree in Bukit Merah Lane 2 just before the incident.

The suspect is said to have worked as a motorcycle salesman at Southern Motor, one of the many motorcycle shops which line the one-way street.

The victim, who has been identified as Mr Firman Hakim, 25, sported dyed blond hair and was heavily tattooed.

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Salesman charged with Bt Merah murder

Posted: 30 May 2012 1239 hrs

SINGAPORE: A 38-year-old motorcycle salesman has been charged with murder.

Phua Kok Khoon allegedly caused the death of 25-year-old Firman Hamik Abdul Halem at an industrial park in Bukit Merah Lane 2 at about 6pm on May 28.

Mr Firman, who was a mover, was found injured at the scene.

He died later in Alexandra Hospital.

Phua's case will be heard again on June 6.

If convicted of murder, he faces the death penalty.

- CNA/al

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bktmcharged-shinmine.jpg

Phua Kok Khoon, 38, is alleged to have caused the death of Mr Firman Hamik Abdul Halem, 25, a mover, at about 6pm at Bukit Merah Lane 2 on May 28.
-- SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS PHOTO

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Suspect in Bukit Merah fatal stabbing charged with murder

20120531.085702_phuakokkhoon.jpg

By Ethan Lou
my paper

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The suspect arrested hours after the fatal stabbing of a 25-year-old man in Bukit Merah on Monday was yesterday charged with murder.

Salesman Phua Kok Khoon, 38, is alleged to have murdered Mr Firman Hamik Abdul Halem at about 6pm in Bukit Merah Lane 2.

Phua, who wore a white polo T-shirt, appeared calm and collected as he stood in the dock to face the charge. He has been remanded for police investigations and will be back in court again on Wednesday. He was represented by lawyer Sunil Sudheesan.

Mr Firman suffered multiple open-wound injuries, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force. He was taken to Alexandra Hospital where he died at about 7.30pm that day.

Phua turned himself in to the police shortly after the stabbing incident.

The alleged weapon, a knife, was recovered from the scene, reported Chinese newspaper Lianhe Wanbao.

Phua is said to have been working as a salesman at Southern Motor, one of the many motorcycle shops which line Bukit Merah Lane 2.

If convicted, he faces the death penalty.

[email protected]

Maxima

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She screamed on bus ride home

20120530.153633_np_scream.jpg

Mr Firman visited his three children and ex-wife regularly.

By Amanda Phua
The New Paper

Friday, Jun 01, 2012

SINGAPORE - She couldn't believe what she had heard.

A couple of frantic calls later, Miss Nur Asyira Abd Rahman broke down on the bus. The 27-year-old had just received news that her stepbrother was dead.

Her stepbrother, Mr Firman Hakim Abdul Halim, 25, died at 7.20pm on Monday.

He was found injured at Block 1005, Bukit Merah Lane 2, near Alexandra Village, at 6.05pm that day.

Miss Asyira, a receptionist, said: "I screamed on the bus. I couldn't believe it."

Speaking to The New Paper at the void deck of her Yishun block, she recounted the night's happenings.

It was about 9.30pm. She was on the bus and around 40 minutes away from home when she called her younger sister to ask if the latter wanted food. And her sister shakily broke the news to her.

The call ended abruptly, so Miss Asyira called her home to clarify what she had heard. She lost it when her father, who picked up the phone, told her gruffly to go straight to the hospital.

When she reached home, a friend drove her to the Singapore General Hospital, where they learnt that MrFirman was actually at Alexandra Hospital.

Even though she knew he had already died, Miss Asyira still wanted to see her stepbrother.

Together with family and friends, she accompanied his body to the mortuary, where they thought they would be allowed to see him before the autopsy began.

They waited in vain.

Miss Asyira broke down several times during the night and could not sleep.

On Tuesday morning, with her father, Mr Abdul Halim, 48, a technician, she waited at the mortuary, hoping to claim Mr Firman's body.

They wanted to prepare his body for burial today.

Describing Mr Firman, Miss Asyira said: "He loved to joke around. He used to have a lot of anger, but he mellowed after he was released from prison last year around Hari Raya. He became more responsible."

According to her, Mr Firman was jailed for robbery and wore an electronic tag for six months after his release.

He lived with the family in Yishun for those six months, then moved to his new girlfriend's Bukit Merah home.

"He would come home maybe twice a month. He would see his kids, who live nearby with his ex-wife, then come over for a while," said Miss Asyira.

She last saw him on May 21 night, when he sent his ex-wife and two of their children home.

Mr Firman and his ex-wife have three children aged between three years and six years old.

Said Miss Asyira: "He was quite distracted that day. When he saw me, he didn't say hello. And he kept saying that he had to leave. Later on, we found out that his girlfriend was waiting for him."

Despite the divorce, Mr Firman and his ex-wife kept in touch. When news of his death spread, it was a mutual friend who alerted his ex-wife, said Miss Asyira.

"She told the friend not to bluff her and said she was going to sleep. Later, my dad called and told her the news. She collapsed."

His ex-wife was not at his home when The New Paper visited yesterday evening.

About 50 relatives and friends were gathered in the flat. But that was only a quarter of those who have visited to offer their condolences, said Miss Asyira.

"I think more than 100 people have turned up."

Miss Asyira said Mr Firman met his ex-wife while studying in Northbrooks Secondary School and they got married after they finished secondary school.

Mr Firman wanted to work instead of continuing with his education, she added.

Mr Halim said his son had been working hard to improve his financial situation.

No motor licence

He knows that his son had worked with a tentage company for less than a year and was in charge of setting up and dismantling tentages.

Why Mr Firman was at the motor workshop in Bukit Merah puzzles Mr Halim because his son did not own any vehicles.

Said Mr Halim: "He didn't hold any motor licence. I know he intended to take his Class 3 licence, but hadn't because of financial constraints."

They wanted to set up a tentage business and met often to discuss the business plan. The last time they met was Friday, also the last time Mr Halim saw his son.

"I didn't make it to the hospital on time.

"I don't know what really happened. I received a call from his mother. She asked me where Firman was. I said I didn't know. Then she said he had been involved in some fight."

Describing Mr Firman as shy, Mr Halim spoke proudly of his son's singing accomplishments.

He said his son was placed first in a singing competition called Biker Idol earlier this year. And he was among the top three in another singing competition.

Mr Halim said: "We just have to be strong. Firman's kids know that he has passed away, but they don't know how."

Miss Asyira said she is staying strong for her younger siblings. "I cried a lot yesterday (Monday). Today, I haven't shed a tear. I'm the eldest and I cannot be weak. I hope my younger siblings can do it as well. My mum has been crying.

"Dad and I have been holding back our tears. I wasn't able to sleep last night."

A 39-year-old man surrendered to the police on Monday and was arrested.

He was expected to be charged with murder on Wednesday.

[email protected]

This article was first published in The New Paper.