• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's 2 Challenges for the next 4 years

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Change the Operating model as a Political Party. So far the Vatican model has proven itself as a control mechanism where the party members are basically impotent and power lies structurally within the ruling cabinet with all being co opted by previous cabinet members. Still the issues are

(a) the extensive use of tax payers funds and People Association to carry out party related work, campaign and electioneering activities and recruitment in this day and age of unrestricted information is a sore point amongst the better educated and better informed. Mirror operation of this sort are found only in North Korea and Totalitarian states. Its a clear abuse and criminal misappropriation of state resources. If the PAP for some reason loses power, I am sure the new Govt will conduct an inquiry and prosecute the guilty ones including people like Yam Ah Mee whose salaries come from State coffers. I have no doubt that this model is causing much of the protest votes as people see these things on a daily basis from RCs to grassroot activities.

(b) the model Is not based on ideology but on tiered patronage. So at the lowest level as an example funeral blankets are bought from party members for for council activities, the same fence is painted 3 times in 2 years, huge banners are constantly made, covered walkways are upgraded mutiple times etc HDB dewellers have commented on this pattern of activities for some time.

2) Engagement Model with Singaporeans (not foreigners) - couple of issues here

(a) Conduct by defamation lawsuits - gone are days. Its pure intimidation and the younger generation will give you the finger. Isn't the PAP able to stand on its own without resorting to threats. 145 votes gained should seal this approach.

(b) Country vs Citizens - PAP has to decide real soon if original citizens and their families who help build this country do matter. If the PAP decides that they want the country to be successful at the expense of its own citizens, then be prepared to get more protest votes and eventually get thrown out of office.

(c) Don't use the discredited MSM as proxies to reach out to the citizens. Journalism provides the necessary apparatus to give feedback and opinions both ways, one to the governed and the other to the government. Release them from their bondage.

(d) Treat citizens with respect and allow them their dignity. Residents of PP and Hougang who pay taxes are not given their fair entitlement after 20 years. Crush us and we will eventually crush you. We will then seek the aid of intranational organisations to seek you, your kin and ask for repatriation of all ill gotten gains legally allowed unfairly under the PAP regime.

murphy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. remove the sycophants
2. ELD be taken out of PMO

:p:p:p

As i drive down AYE towards Tuas, I notice several block of HDB flats lining both side of AYE in Clementi, are painted blue. Is this the colour of the future?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other biggest challenge for PAP is to keep WP under it's leash....it will get increasingly difficult after the death of LKY.

Just like the dilemma Uncle Sam faced.It created an Osama and Saddam Hussein to serve a purpose which ultimately got out of it's hands.

This is what gonna happen.

PAP created the WP-Bahru to serve it's purpose.Now that WP had tasted blood with Aljunied GRC and Hougang -which refuses to fall,its going to be extremely difficult for even LTK/Sylvia Lim to sabotage their own candidates.WP will evolve with a life of it's own soon which PAP cannot contain.

Hence Kenneth Jeyaretnam has indeed a point that PAP will create another pseudo opposition to keep WP in check.But for how long?

Yeah,it's gonna be a big challenge for PAP in the future...it has a lot of balancing to do.Blinding and fooling the people.

You may fool all the peope some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.”---Abraham Lincoln

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
As i drive down AYE towards Tuas, I notice several block of HDB flats lining both side of AYE in Clementi, are painted blue. Is this the colour of the future?

the voices of the people would be heard, the choices belong to the people. :p:p:p

the government of the day only need to listen to her people more carefully, and do what is in their means to serve her peoples' needs, that's all.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
1)

(d) Treat citizens with respect and allow them their dignity. Residents of PP and Hougang who pay taxes are not given their fair entitlement after 20 years.

This is a constant dilemma. By hitting most where it hurts, they were hoping that Hougangites will cave in to such threats. But its obvious to most that if they have not given in after 21 years, it will not work any longer.

How then will MIW retract this policy? if they give in now, WP will claim credit and the whole carrot and stick approach will have to be dropped. Think the more liberal MIW will push for small areas to be upgraded and give the credit to Desmond Choo as well as signal more "inclusive" governance and "really engaged" the citizens more as thinking adults and not kids to be threatened. Really this is the best they can do for now but strategically, it will have an impact on their overall GE2016 strategies and politically, it will probably need the approval of LKY himself.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
They know what they have done and what will be the consequences if they lose power. They importing more foreign firepower now. 1.4 times faster in approving citizenship and more of the same, the party for the rich and foreigners continues.

The internet gag law should be coming soon as well. A strong clampdown is what I expect.

They cannot lose power, it is already tied to their fortunes, their own safety and their legacy.

It is a must that we die. It is crystal clear.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Change the Operating model as a Political Party. So far the Vatican model has proven itself as a control mechanism where the party members are basically impotent and power lies structurally within the ruling cabinet with all being co opted by previous cabinet members. Still the issues are

(a) the extensive use of tax payers funds and People Association to carry out party related work, campaign and electioneering activities and recruitment in this day and age of unrestricted information is a sore point amongst the better educated and better informed. Mirror operation of this sort are found only in North Korea and Totalitarian states. Its a clear abuse and criminal misappropriation of state resources. If the PAP for some reason loses power, I am sure the new Govt will conduct an inquiry and prosecute the guilty ones including people like Yam Ah Mee whose salaries come from State coffers. I have no doubt that this model is causing much of the protest votes as people see these things on a daily basis from RCs to grassroot activities.

(b) the model Is not based on ideology but on tiered patronage. So at the lowest level as an example funeral blankets are bought from party members for for council activities, the same fence is painted 3 times in 2 years, huge banners are constantly made, covered walkways are upgraded mutiple times etc HDB dewellers have commented on this pattern of activities for some time.

2) Engagement Model with Singaporeans (not foreigners) - couple of issues here

(a) Conduct by defamation lawsuits - gone are days. Its pure intimidation and the younger generation will give you the finger. Isn't the PAP able to stand on its own without resorting to threats. 145 votes gained should seal this approach.

(b) Country vs Citizens - PAP has to decide real soon if original citizens and their families who help build this country do matter. If the PAP decides that they want the country to be successful at the expense of its own citizens, then be prepared to get more protest votes and eventually get thrown out of office.

(c) Don't use the discredited MSM as proxies to reach out to the citizens. Journalism provides the necessary apparatus to give feedback and opinions both ways, one to the governed and the other to the government. Release them from their bondage.

(d) Treat citizens with respect and allow them their dignity. Residents of PP and Hougang who pay taxes are not given their fair entitlement after 20 years. Crush us and we will eventually crush you. We will then seek the aid of intranational organisations to seek you, your kin and ask for repatriation of all ill gotten gains legally allowed unfairly under the PAP regime.

Did a 17 year old just hack into your SBF account?

95% of Singaporeans think that the PAP has gone astray. THe fact is that all their policies are carefully constructed to enable them to hold on to power. DO you think they give a fuck about Singaporeans losing their jobs to FTs or that public housing is many times more costly than a generation or two ago?

The PAP is a fascist political party. One-part rule is what they believe in. The party is the government is the country! Profiting the government and handsomely rewarding all that support the government is what they believe in. Absolute control over unions and the mass media is what they believe in.

By the next GE, another 100-500K new citizens will be part of the electorate.

The only way to vote out the PAPzis is for the people to gain knowledge. To know what fascism is and to understand why the PAPzis behave as they have is to empower the people to have a strong distrust for the PAPzis till perpetuity. Till now, fools abound who think that the PAPzis will realise their policies are wrong and to right the wrongs. These useful idiots will go on thinking in this manner for another 20-30 years. In the meanwhile, they get excited because they think they are smart because they have ideas on why the PAPzis and their policies are wrong.

But wrong for WHO? As a fascist political party what the PAPzis are doing is near to perfection.

Educate. Alarm. Break the trust for eternity. Only then can positive change come. Positive change can only come when fascism is banned from the face of Singapore.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the greatest challenge for papaya is to stop making fools of themselves, especially their stand-up comedians that crack audience up with their silly antics. the way they roll out policies that are remote to the livelihood of the ppl, as well as how irrational they are in defending their half baked policies... are already self destruct buttons.

as long as they keep up with their self-denial ways, even if ahmeng's descendants may win the mandate of the ppl come GE2016

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the next GE, another 100-500K new citizens will be part of the electorate.

The most likely scenario.

If that happens at least 75% would be PRC.

Most likely to vote for the incumbent PAP or an opposition they can identify with.....that is where WP becomes handy.Why do you think a Mandarin fluent speaker like Chen Show Mao was inducted into WP?

PAP had already planned this well ahead.This is where a political party like SDP with local intelligia content is caught unaware.Yes,SDP has Dr.Ang ,a fiery Mandarin speaker who is Chinese educated.But I don't think PRC would identify with him.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
(a) the extensive use of tax payers funds and People Association to carry out party related work, campaign and electioneering activities and recruitment in this day and age of unrestricted information is a sore point amongst the better educated and better informed.

(b) Country vs Citizens - PAP has to decide real soon if original citizens and their families who help build this country do matter.

(d) Treat citizens with respect and allow them their dignity.

The reason why they have continued unabated on those items above, is the same reason for the ingrained
mentality which I pointed out in the WP thread.

Somehow, they have convinced themselves that what they doing is right for the nation and for the people.
It's become second nature to them for example, to assume that common resources can be used for party activities and
that their economic and population targets over-ride all other considerations that people may have about their lifestyles,
comfort and future.

Obviously, those items that directly affect peoples' lives will gradually be rejected and they will pay the poll price.
But others like giving people labels without looking at all the facts, and having certain criteria to judge and characterize people,
sadly look like they are set to remain.

GerGer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most likely scenario.

If that happens at least 75% would be PRC.

Most likely to vote for the incumbent PAP or an opposition they can identify with.....that is where WP becomes handy.Why do you think a Mandarin fluent speaker like Chen Show Mao was inducted into WP?

PAP had already planned this well ahead.This is where a political party like SDP with local intelligia content is caught unaware.Yes,SDP has Dr.Ang ,a fiery Mandarin speaker who is Chinese educated.But I don't think PRC would identify with him.

Well the Pappy not dumb la at the rate they are mass migrating people in to be singapore citizens reach 2016 almost half the country is foreigners you think they won't vote for pappy? They should implement a rule live less than ten years being a citizen in singapoRe should not be allowed to vote lo, basic requirement pass up through two general elections before they can vote at the third one. Tiss is what I call bloody fair cos my whole life 29 this year I only got one f chance to vote last year talk about democracy my foot

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP is a party without widespread committed support amongst voters. It is tolerated as long as it can deliver the lower needs of Maslow's hierarchy. Food, shelter, security. It has never tried to deliver on the higher level needs and does not see itself responsible for that. Thus it has not attracted leaders who can move a nation after LKY and the old guard. Possibly, it may consider such people dangerous. It has therefore taken a technocratic approach to nation building. In contrast the WP has the passionate backing of it's supporters. Anyone in the ruling party watching the election night events in Hougang must have been shaken. Even the WP itself knows it must channel this properly and cannot take it for granted. Greater expectations will be thrust on the WP and there is no way it can shrink from that now.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should implement a rule live less than ten years being a citizen in singapoRe should not be allowed to vote lo, basic requirement pass up through two general elections before they can vote at the third one.

Better.If you could tie NS liability with the right to vote.At least 1 in a family nucleus having served NS ,than given the privilege to vote.Seems natural in a citizen army statehood.And since even in US ,one must be born in the land of US to qualify for the office of presidency.The reason why a big fuss is being made of if Obama is indeed born in US or elsewhere.Whereas we have PAP MPs who had not served a single day of NS and were foreigners till yesterday till PAP selected them as their candidate for election.

This is something WP doesn't object to.Me wonder why!

jw5

Loyal
2. ELD be taken out of PMO
:p:p:p

I'm still trying to figure out what ELD stands for.

Extra Load Dummies?

Previously I questioned whether the pap will ever bring people like Tommy Koh or Walter Woon into the cabinet primarily for policy making.
Obviously won't be them specifically anymore, but wiill they ever bring in others like them without being elected representatives and have
them concentrate on doing what's right for the people? i.e appointed ministars and not elected ministars.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
as long as papaya continues playing the self-destruction card in doing the following:

• continue influx of aliens - regardless of qualifications genuine or fake
  • continue full scholarships for aliens at local insitutions - where the ingrats calls us tax payers dogs, or they graduate with 2nd lower.
  • continue over charging sgporeans for HDBs - requiring couples to commit 30yrs mortgage & be denied retirement
  • continue forgetting to level employer's CPF contribution to 20% - as promised, when economy (GDP) recovers
  • continue streaming & denying the next generation of their rights to tertiary education - making them inferior to any incoming alien
  • continue playing left & right pocket games - justifying their expenses in saying that they r subsidizing TH owned assets, for the sake of commuters
  • continue doing what they do best - opposing for the sake of opposing while in parliament
  • continue doing what they do best - play m&d slinging games during GE rallies
  • continue doing what they do best - being themselves...

opposition fielding credible candidates, need only post their CVs in GE2016... papaya could suddenly lose so many seats in parliament, they start fighting among themselves to see who stays in (to continue drawing the million dollar pay cheque), and who gets booted out.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
i.e appointed ministars and not elected ministars.

ELD seems to be elections department me think...

last noted that only elected MPs can be nominated in the cabinet? please correct me if me is mistaken here. the whole idea of ear-marking potentials seems a bit overdone, yes, potential candidates may be identified but to allow them a smooth track up the scales is plain ridiculous. :eek::eek::eek:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys just don't get it and for this reason the PAPzis will rule for another 50 years. The PAPzis are the same people that lost $50 billion and still heads didn't roll. This is the same PAPzis that control the judiciary on all levels. This is the same PAPzis that close one eye when FTs commit crimes. This is the same PAPzis that refuse to divulge the cost of building public housing. This is the same PAPzis that own most of the land in the country and earn their keeps mostly by keeping close friends and relatives in high places. This is the same PAPzis that have no compunction that most Singaporeans will have spent their entire pension on their public housing. These are not normal human beings with feelings. They all belong to the same group of animals as leeches. They rule because they believe that they should rule and that it is their right to rule because of their elite capabilities.

You useless fuckers can complain about the 60% but there are at least 38% of you who are no different from the 60%. You are all incapable of helping yourself because it is beyond you to think and to see.