• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

its time to exposed the dog tooth temple in singapore ;)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro , how many buddist really follow buddha teaching ? :wink:

Agree. Those who really did are the ones who really grasp the essence of his teachings. Some of which unfortunately like many others, have faded and been "digitally remastered" with other interpretation.

Many seeks the truth, some claims to have the truth and owns the rights to the real truth,
you shall have no other version.

Some tells you books are only guides, like the fingers that point to the moon but they are not the moon.
Some tells you to have critical thinking and accept only the things you find makes the most sense.

Where is the truth? One will have to find and grasp it for oneself.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree. Those who really did are the ones who really grasp the essence of his teachings. Some of which unfortunately like many others, have faded and been "digitally remastered" with other interpretation.

Many seeks the truth, some claims to have the truth and owns the rights to the real truth,
you shall have no other version.

Some tells you books are only guides, like the fingers that point to the moon but they are not the moon.
Some tells you to have critical thinking and accept only the things you find makes the most sense.

Where is the truth? One will have to find and grasp it for oneself.

and yet they call themself buddist ...:wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro drifter, some religions basically paint themselves into a corner with absolutes and guarantees. Then when questioned, rather than the truth, more muddling is provided because if they have painted themselves as the absolute, there can be no other alternatives even when the alternative makes more sense or in some cases, common sense. (Common sense is no longer as common these days)

There are no guarantees in life though, one can only do ones best according to ones religion and hope for the best. There are no right or wrong religion but an open mind these days is rarer than the Hope diamond.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
so why do you comments something you dont even care ? :wink:
I do care. Just like you sir.

so where is the witnesses now ? can ask them to come in here and proof it ...i also can say many withness theres a condom monster in your room :smile:
The witnesses wrote books and these books were widely circulated. If those books were not true, they would have been opposed by the many witnesses.

back in those days ppl are uneducated and believe that the world is not round and believe that when the sky rains means "god" is crying . they are like you ..delusional ...:wink: does it means that when they believe sky rain means god is crying means its real ? whahahahahah
The people were very eductaed indeed sir, much more than you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
and yet they call themself buddist ...:wink:

Of course but a person on the path to enlightenment is also a traveller. Being a buddhist is but an expression of faith in the general recognised teachings. Everyone of us is travelling to something and all will reach the end at different points in time or life. So by calling themselves Buddhists, they are identifying themselves as one that seeks the path(to enlightenment).

Its just that their path may differ from those chosen by others or may deviate from the original path. Some will take longer to reach as they go through the alternative routes but all will arrive eventually.

I would still say to each his own as everyone seeks the truth that one will most identify with.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I do care. Just like you sir.

The witnesses wrote books and these books were widely circulated. If those books were not true, they would have been opposed by the many witnesses.

The people were very eductaed indeed sir, much more than you.

Each of the major religions have their own takes and editions of the books. Some chapters they agree with, they include, some they don't, they didn't include. Those who apposed were persecuted, burnt at the stakes. Repeated edits were made to books from different religion according to different ideas, etc.

To date, no religion however exalted or great has been able to grow back a lost limb. The day medical science can do it, they will of course claim credit and say it is from a divine source yet back when men of science like Galileo mooted the earth was round, he was soundly persecuted.

Lots of accounts of the inquisition for those so inclined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course but a person on the path to enlightenment is also a traveller. Being a buddhist is but an expression of faith in the general recognised teachings. Everyone of us is travelling to something and all will reach the end at different points in time or life. So by calling themselves Buddhists, they are identifying themselves as one that seeks the path(to enlightenment).

Its just that their path may differ from those chosen by others or may deviate from the original path. Some will take longer to reach as they go through the alternative routes but all will arrive eventually.

I would still say to each his own as everyone seeks the truth that one will most identify with.

faith is a very dangerous things especially blind faith . all religion say their own religion is the truth ...so whats the truth ? again ..i will say religion is a dangerous stuff for mankind . it stop ppl from thinking for themself .

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
That tooth supposedly originated from Myanmar. If so, it might actually have its root in Theravada Buddhism.

Actually, I am a minimalist Theravada Buddhist. I don't accept the Abhidhamma and the Visuddhimagga.

i did my own research years back with regards to ahbidhamma history, its highly suspected by many scholars that its compiled during the days of nalanda university in an organised manner drawing its content from suttana pikaya. seriously it makes no sense for buddha to teach in this way as its too complex to normal lay person or even unenlightened monks.Visuddhimagga no comments, as i did not reach much on it

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro , can you shed some lights on whats the different between theravada buddhist , abhidhamma and the visuddhimagga ? thankyou .

its with regards to the split in buddhism after sometime when buddha has died due to interpretation of rules. and after the split there are many other texts suddenly appears when buddhism spread northwards. those sects that accept those text are known as northern sch and those that reject the new one are the theravada. the difference if you were to ask me is mainly due to those extra texts and cultural differences.

ahbidhamma is a very boring but highly organised form of teaching in buddhism with regards to analysis of mind and matter. it fact its more like studying psychology from the view of buddhism when you read it, it is the way buddhism classified different modes of thinking and how it view matters the nature of it.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
faith is a very dangerous things especially blind faith . all religion say their own religion is the truth ...so whats the truth ? again ..i will say religion is a dangerous stuff for mankind . it stop ppl from thinking for themself .

truth is something u experience before and it makes sense, accept something without any experience that does not make sense = blind faith

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its with regards to the split in buddhism after sometime when buddha has died due to interpretation of rules. and after the split there are many other texts suddenly appears when buddhism spread northwards. those sects that accept those text are known as northern sch and those that reject the new one are the theravada. the difference if you were to ask me is mainly due to those extra texts and cultural differences.

ahbidhamma is a very boring but highly organised form of teaching in buddhism with regards to analysis of mind and matter. it fact its more like studying psychology from the view of buddhism when you read it, it is the way buddhism classified different modes of thinking and how it view matters the nature of it.

thankyou for the infor bro .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
truth is something u experience before and it makes sense, accept something without any experience that does not make sense = blind faith

later those religious freak will tell you they also experience " god" and it make sense to them :wink:

ps : the truth is rarely pure and never simple...like what those religous freak say " god create the world in 6 days " :wink: the truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is . truth is like the sun. you can shut it out for a time, but it not goin' away :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Buddhist like it what. Why you outrage Drifter? Not your money also.

since when i angry ? im here to post the truth to stop delusion from spreading and further ...you have a problem with that ? :wink:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
since when i angry ? im here to post the truth to stop delusion from spreading and further ...you have a problem with that ? :wink:

These Buddhists are happy with giving money to the temple what. Let them be lar. What for you outrage?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

These Buddhists are happy with giving money to the temple what. Let them be lar. What for you outrage?

when you see something is not right do you keep your mouth shut or you speak out ? opps i forget you are just a sheep that follow blindly :wink:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are happy with it wat.

You see Muslims killing Christians you never speak out wat. Wat talking lu? Aren't you silly? Ahahahahahaha..............

cheers