• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does WP have to say about the loss of 2.7% of votes?

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of them dare to say anything? Ahahahhahahahha.......................

You were very confident of a PAP victory.

So what do you have to say about the rout by WP over PAP?

LOL!!!! Hahaha!!!

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a decrease in eligible voters, comparing 2011 GE and 2012 BE
There is a decrease in the number of votes casted, comparing 2011 GE and 2012 BE

Not to forget...WP votes decrease 1000+ (a decrease is expected anyway i feel) but incumbent's votes only increase by 100+

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
None of them dare to say anything? Ahahahhahahahha.......................

Kinana my dear, like it or not, your Desmond kena trashed again..

For all of his tears, and the Pappy Big Guns lending him their support, he could only managed a meagre increase of 2.7% votes.. Thats not good enough especially with all the good publicity that the MSM had given to him during the campaigning period..

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kinana my dear, like it or not, your Desmond kena trashed again..

For all of his tears, and the Pappy Big Guns lending him their support, he could only managed a meagre increase of 2.7% votes.. Thats not good enough especially with all the good publicity that the MSM had given to him during the campaigning period..

pic2.jpg

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is the decrease by 2.7% after only one year and all the talk about govt so bad?

The decrease is much lesser than most would have expected. Given the issues WP has to deal with prior to the BE, this is a victory for WP unless you're blinded by your unquestioning support for PAP or equally blind bias against WP.

In fact, given the sacking of YSL, the bar has been raised by WP in terms of setting standards of accountability. And it's sad that PAP, once the beacon of integrity in local political scene (at least they claim to be), will now have to play catch up with WP in this regard. Who is to say that there won't be a scandal (of any kind) that would rock PAP in future? And Singaporeans would be watching to see if LHL has the courage to wield the axe.

That's not to say that WP has no problems. Sajeev, PLG, the leaked minutes, and of course Png are all issues LTK and SL have to deal with decisively after this BE, despite what LTK said about not pursuing the leaked minutes issue. WP has a lot of soul searching to do.

And this BE is also indicative of WP gaining strength and momentum, while other opposition parties, if they do not pull their weights and step up, risk further marginalisation in the politicial development of Singapore. Then, the scenario of "monopoly" by one single and strongest opposition party, which GMS detests, may really happen.

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
loss of 2.7% but overall still above 60%.
the other side gain 2.7% but votes only gain 100+
improvement not convincing enuff

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have had your fun sabotaging (you know who). I am sure you have achieved your aim. Now that it is over please let there be peace in this space so that we are not bombarded by endless nuisance. Thank you.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With all the resources they have and with only 1 SMC for them to focus on.
I don't even consider it as a morale win for PAPpies.
YSL saga was infact quite damaging, and yet the PAPpies are unable to capitalise on it at all. Why?