• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plasma TV is dead?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
it is for the better, plasma and lcd/led tv are all superior to CRT today, special the introduction of HDTV.

I'm not interested in HDTV. All I want is interesting programs.

It's the same with cameras. You can buy a $40,000 camera but if you don't know the basics of photography, your images are going to be shit.

People who spend hours discussing the technicalities of cameras seldom take decent photos. They're too busy arguing about Canon vs Nikon.

The best photographers can take award winning images with nothing more than a compact.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's the same with cameras. You can buy a $40,000 camera but if you don't know the basics of photography, your images are going to be shit.

People who spend hours discussing the technicalities of cameras seldom take decent photos. They're too busy arguing about Canon vs Nikon.

The best photographers can take award winning images with nothing more than a compact.

Likewise those who buy a Ferrari in Singapore where maximum speed limit is 90 kph and those who are tone deaf having a $500,000 sound system.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a lot of people that are still sticking to their CRT because of the DPI and gamut that LCDs have problem reproducing.

it is for the better, plasma and lcd/led tv are all superior to CRT today, special the introduction of HDTV.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Following your logic i suppose you aren't interested in newer car models being produced since you only ride bikes without seats.

Nobody cares what you think.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with LCD/LED TV is that they cannot create shades of black color. The black color looks like one flat acrylic black.

Try watch Batman movies on a LCD/LED TV. You can't see shit. That's why some people still swear by plasma.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was at the store & browse through the Panasonic catalog & noticed that their plasma models consume about 30 to 40% more power than their LED models. With larger screens , the LED already runs hot, an even hotter plasma screen is going to be a problem with Spore's high power prices & our tropical climate

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i dunno why some of you say plasma save more power with respect to LED technology, cos from what i learn, LED is the most power saving option and will last longer. how the colour all that well i am not too sure, i was not into all these. but the technology behind i did brush my shoulder with it at work.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with LCD/LED TV is that they cannot create shades of black color. The black color looks like one flat acrylic black.

Try watch Batman movies on a LCD/LED TV. You can't see shit. That's why some people still swear by plasma.

If you're referring to "local dimming", you may have to differentiate between LED edge-lit and back lit. The back lit model (sometimes known as LED direct) is supposed to solve that problem you mentioned.