• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Choo's Yellow Ribbon Team

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the exchange between the then Honourable Prime Minister and our learned friend, the then President of the Law Society, Mr. Francis T. Seow
is a very interesting read, especially for aspiring law students and lawyers.
It gets more interesting after paragraph 430

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....those who think that FS is an angel can join the kuku club...
he was part of the establishment.....that he dare to stand-up and rebel against the old man does not make him a hero overnight......
if the old man was as ruthless as he was made to be....he could have locked him up and throw away the keys for good..
no need for all these side shows.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY did lock him up, but couldn't throw away the keys because the US and Europe was putting a lot of pressure on the PAPzis to behave less like a totalitarian party.

hahaha....those who think that FS is an angel can join the kuku club...
he was part of the establishment.....that he dare to stand-up and rebel against the old man does not make him a hero overnight......
if the old man was as ruthless as he was made to be....he could have locked him up and throw away the keys for good..
no need for all these side shows.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY did lock him up, but couldn't throw away the keys because the US and Europe was putting a lot of pressure on the PAPzis to behave less like a totalitarian party.
hahaha.....that is exactly my point.....
be ruthless....throw away the keys and we all know that the kpkb will end after a while.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Francis Seow was a well known womanizer.Something not politically right during his tenure as a solicitor -general.But Mrs LKY is known to have silently but steadily kept a file on every senior civil servants,ministers and judges.Something that becomes very useful if the tide turns against the Lees.The only person who outwitted Mrs LKY,I was told,is the former Chief Justice Wee Chong Jin....but he treadled the mid path rather well and stayed for very long.

Had LKY had his way,than it was likes of Yong Pung How --a Malaysian who held top position with MCA,who did not practice law for umpteen years.FYI ,Malaysian Chinese served the Lees rather well politically.Just like the Gurkha do.

Anyway,Subbas with a thuggish background is not revealed by LKY alone as Scroobal claims.It's a public knowledge among any one who had lived in Sembawang.Contrary to popular belief that it's Serangoon that is Little India,The real Little India of the yester-years were Sembawang/Naval Base and Tanjong Pagar.Let me digress,it's interesting to know that LKY built his foundation as a legal union adviser--a prelude to local politics in these two constituencies.Hence his contacts with Indians there rather close.

So tells my drinking kakis in their 60s and 70s.

But what misses everybody by a mile is why is Desmond Choo using these Yellow Ribbon team?GMS should know.Because his team who fought the Aljunied constistuency lost by a slim margin in 2006 was simply because WP did not address the Malay crowd.Now,Hougang SMC is not 100% Teochews,at least 25% by HDB quota alone must be minority races.Not to mention Hougang SMC being conveniently drawn to include Bedok Reservoir.

Do you have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out?

Last edited:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was well-liked by his subordinates for being humble and fair. Sharp too. But almost everyone knew it was going to be a short posting and his career wasn't going to be in SPF.

Yes, I note the irony. Hope against hope, Lionel won't succeed in 48-ing him. Combination of Lionel and Subhas will always be deadly coz they enjoy coming from the back!

DC may have got to know Subhas when he was CO of Woodlands NPC ( which covers Sembawang and Marsiling ). DC was then active in the Marsiling CCC....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I left Singapore when I was relatively young (about 30 years ago), and hence, did not have any "on the job" or "clinical experience" pertaining to the nightlife in Geylang and KTV joints.

I was hoping to go with you, Sir, on a (for lack of a better term) guided tour of the more interesting nightlife in Singapore or Geylang in particular. The next time I am in Singapore, I would be much obliged, if you, Sir, could kindly take me on an education tour.

Wish you continuing good health, peace and satisfaction ("an le" in Mandarin) in life.

No problem. Looking forward to your next trip to S'pore. More likely for you to visit us than for me to visit Toronto. Cheers.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Commanding Officer, Neighbourhood Police Centre. COs of NPCs report to Commander of their Land Div who reports direct to Dir Ops.

Does it work like this, in terms of the chain of command: CO of several NPC's report to a Commander of a Division (such as A, or C)? Say CO of NPC is a DSP (may be SUPT?), and Commander of a Division is a DAC (could be an AC but could be only a SUPT?)

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it work like this, in terms of the chain of command: CO of several NPC's report to a Commander of a Division (such as A, or C)? Say CO of NPC is a DSP (may be SUPT?), and Commander of a Division is a DAC (could be an AC but could be only a SUPT?)

In an effort to stem resignations esp at the scholar level in recent years, there has been rank inflation. Previously a CO NPC was only an ASP. Now an ASP may only be a team head at an NPC whilst some NPCs are headed by Supt. Land Division Comdrs are at least at DAC level, some are helmed by AC...

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In an effort to stem resignations esp at the scholar level in recent years, there has been rank inflation. Previously a CO NPC was only an ASP. Now an ASP may only be a team head at an NPC whilst some NPCs are headed by Supt. Land Division Comdrs are at least at DAC level, some are helmed by AC...

Thank you.

Wow, rank inflation, and possibly salary increments.
Then there must be numerous DAC and AC now, as in numerous BG in the SAF.

These Generals or equivalent to Generals cum scholars must be milking the system.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interesting. Even ranks do not escape inflation. :wink:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
me remembered that classic look on the old man's face when FS gave it to him in face that FS's position was attained through a fair electoral process... wonder if SBC still has the reel of film or it had been banished from daylights?
hahaha....u sound like a young man......surprise to know that you are old enough to witness the event on TV in 1986 and remember it vividly.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
hahaha....u sound like a young man......surprise to know that you are old enough to witness the event on TV in 1986 and remember it vividly.

heheh... me also watched the WP rally at Eunos GRC back in 88 at Bedok Reservoir :smile::smile::smile:
saw JBJ, FS speaking to the crowds, folks refused to leave the area after the rally, chanting loudly "balek kumpong" & "mata kayu" at the riot police. it was FS who got back on the stage to request the crowd to disperse calmly and orderly, then the folks streamed away from the rally site. the HDB blocks were filled with supporters, the field was equally crowded. could almost equal the Hougang rally of 2006 in terms of the number of people who turned up :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you.

Wow, rank inflation, and possibly salary increments.
Then there must be numerous DAC and AC now, as in numerous BG in the SAF.

These Generals or equivalent to Generals cum scholars must be milking the system.

A DAC is only equivalent to a COL, AC may now be the equivalent of Sr COL and only SAC is equivalent to BG level in SAF.