• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Choo's Yellow Ribbon Team

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A DAC is only equivalent to a COL, AC may now be the equivalent of Sr COL and only SAC is equivalent to BG level in SAF.

From the little that I know (the good old days when there was no such rank as Senior LTC in the SAF), I believe that an AC is equivalent to a BG, SAC = MG, DC = LG, CP = General.

Any way, based on a quick review of the SPF directory, there seems to be numerous SUPT and DAC.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In an effort to stem resignations esp at the scholar level in recent years, there has been rank inflation. Previously a CO NPC was only an ASP. Now an ASP may only be a team head at an NPC whilst some NPCs are headed by Supt. Land Division Comdrs are at least at DAC level, some are helmed by AC...

The following is based on my counting the number of senior police officers reflected on the SPF directory in the SG government directory (internet version, as at May 15, 2012):
SAC, Senior Asst Commissioner: 3
AC, Asst Commissioner: 13
DAC, Deputy Asst Commissioner: 23
SUPT, Superintendent: 105

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is based on my counting the number of senior police officers reflected on the SPF directory in the SG government directory (internet version, as at May 15, 2012):

105 Superintendents? Wow! Singapore is very safe. Great!

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

The uniformed ones seconded to ISD do not have their ranks shown so there are more Supt, DAC etc

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The uniformed ones seconded to ISD do not have their ranks shown so there are more Supt, DAC etc

Agree.
The number which I counted, subject to any error in my counting, are those reflected on the directory, and do not include DAC and SUPT who are with the ISD, CPIB and other agencies. Therefore, the actual total is likely to be higher than 23 DAC and 105 SUPTS. I submit that the total may be too many for a city state of 5 million people. There are much less in the Toronto Police Force, where there are much fewer SUPT and STAFF SUPT below the Chief of Police.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
105 Superintendents? Wow! Singapore is very safe. Great!

it'll be safer if we have 30,000 corporals/sergeants/staff sergeants/station inspectors

boots on the ground not staff officers in the offices will make their presence felt

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Senior officers in the SAF (also from the govt directory, except for those not listed, for example, COL who are defence attaches with embassies):
LG: 1
MG: 2
BG: 21
RADM: 6 (probably one is a 2 star, which is equivalent to a MG)
COL: 45