• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desmond Choo's Yellow Ribbon Team

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is probably the most unusual and interesting setup ever in PAP's election campaign history. Though in the early years nearly every party had to rely on secret society members, thugs, common criminals and convicts to help in their campaigns, nearly every one moved away and certainly the PAP which began its squeaky clean years in the early 70s.

Let take a closer look at his yellow ribbon team:

1) His uncle and ex MP and ex convict has his own dedicated thread. This gentleman is now facing fresh charges of corruption and criminal breach of trust. There is another thread on him started yesterday so I won't flog this horse here.

2) Subash Anandan was thrown into prison as the leader of the Sembawang Black Eagles Gang under the criminal temporary provisions Act. He was detained for secret society activities. Due to a massive cock-up by our illustrious Police Force, no one in authority was prepared to sign an extension of the detention order because his girlfriend was being screwed by the Police Inspector who was the IO of the case. That officer was subsequently sacked. The govt refused to give Subash citizenship for over 2 decades remaining stateless and out desperation he began to court the PAP. The fact that he was not granted citizenship was due to his past and that tells alot. This was despite numerous appeal.

3) Lionel de Souza is probably one of the most notorious cop in Singapore's history. Noted for free drinks, loaning rental cars for free to assaulting people. He was finally sacked from the Police Force by the no less than the Commissioner of Police for assault. As usual the illustrious Police Force cocked it up. He was reinstated and conveniently retired without ever stepping back into the force. A man who faced numerous disciplinary inquiries for misconduct is now helping the PAP. This is the same man who is the father of one son who became a secret society member and another son who sadly became a catamite at Changi. He can't even help his sons and he is helping the residents of Hougang. And we worry about Ho Ching.

What does that tell you about Desmond and the PAP. Surely they could have found 3 other decent people who have done some level of good and are prepared to help. Unless Hougang is made of criminals and these three do resonate with them, the setup is beyond comprehension.

Good luck to the residents of Hougang if this is what the PAP has to offer.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mean Subash Anandan the famous criminal lawyer?
I thought he is a singaporean?
Why he got so complicated background can become famous lawyer?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite Singapore being a small country with a short history as long as the press is under state control, no one will be any wiser except for those in a position of power and control.

The older ones are still cautious of speaking out because of the draconian practices in the past where dissent automatically labelled as communism and marxism.

The younger ones did not go thru that phase.

The boldness of the PAP to bring Subash and Lionel together was unimaginable 10 years ago.

Imagine one of the most corrupt Police Sgt in its history is now PAP branch official.

u mean Subash Anandan the famous criminal lawyer?
I thought he is a singaporean?
Why he got so complicated background can become famous lawyer?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is not short of talents. PAP is. Talents dont want to join the PAP nowadays. So the party is scraping the barrel. They have lowered the bar so low now even a cockroach can crawl over.

Despite Singapore being a small country with a short history as long as the press is under state control, no one will be any wiser except for those in a position of power and control.

The older ones are still cautious of speaking out because of the draconian practices in the past where dissent automatically labelled as communism and marxism.

The younger ones did not go thru that phase.

The boldness of the PAP to bring Subash and Lionel together was unimaginable 10 years ago.

Imagine one of the most corrupt Police Sgt in its history is now PAP branch official.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a sad story.

It might not be a case of scraping the bottom of the barrel. The PAP still has a reservoir of capable people but no one wants to be associated with a lost cause. Subash and Lionel are notorious attention whores. Desmond is probably too young to know their background and I suspect that the powerbrokers in PAP could not bothered. The fact that Tharman introduced Desmond and not LHL is telling. Not only is Tharman not the PM and the secretary general, he is not a Chinese. Hougang Chinese are solidly behind LTK and WP. This is politics 101.

To be honest, I was stunned to see Tharman doing the introduction. This is something that old man will not allow. When MKA Jabbar, a hopeless shipyard chief noted for spitting in public and who can't string a sentence in English to save his life, old man introduced him and spoke highly of him. I thought he was decribing Nelson Mandela. He was elected but was kicked out at the next GE for being incompetent.

Singapore is not short of talents. PAP is. Talents dont want to join the PAP nowadays. So the party is scraping the barrel. They have lowered the bar so low now even a cockroach can crawl over.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh ? These 2 got criminal background ? Can become lawyer ?

Hmm.. You think i can apply too ? I thought all yellow ribbon-ers are condemm already in singapore ... sigh ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are not your common criminals or people who commit crime out of desperation or in a moment of folly. Both beat the legal system. Both are intelligent. If you are put in a room with either of them, and if the lightbulb in the room is found to ne missing, I can assure you those 2 will not facing the court, you will be.

Huh ? These 2 got criminal background ? Can become lawyer ?

Hmm.. You think i can apply too ? I thought all yellow ribbon-ers are condemm already in singapore ... sigh ...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is politics 101.

something that me couldn't work out, imagine some of the lao heroes in Hougang whom know about Lionel's and Subhas's past, wouldn't the engagement of these two chaps jeopardise Choo's chances?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why I thought. I suspect that leadership have left it to the young ones to handle having given up the fight. Frankly I was shocked. Why bring in tainted people unless those behind it are not aware of the history.

something that me couldn't work out, imagine some of the lao heroes in Hougang whom know about Lionel's and Subhas's past, wouldn't the engagement of these two chaps jeopardise Choo's chances?

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Scroobal thanks for the insight on Desmond Choo's so called Dream Team..By the way, if memory serves me right, the police inspector was screwing the wife of one of the detained gang leaders..from what I heard the father of the gang leader who was also a grassroots man, complained about this...please correct me if am wrong..
As for Lionel De Souza, you are right on the mark. By the way, he has married again and his son from second marriage also going down the same road.
A source of mine informed me that his son was clowning around in the pool of his condo and the lawn chair broke. The security guard who was on rounds was alerted by a resident who went to investigate but son arrogant and vehemently denied the act. As usual called son his father, who also chided the security guard for no apparent reason, then Lionel called the cops to take action against so called "errant" security guard..Police came did their usual and lip synced to usual "this is a cifvil case" routine..
a few days later, Lionel called security agency threaten to sue the agency for god knows what and even proudly proclaimed his PAP credentials..security agency boss told him to fuck off and fuck spider..the boss even told him that he will report Lionel to PM for bragging about his PAP links, Lionel suddenly became as quiet as a mouse and hung up.. btw, security guard still working..also
Lionel was fired from his own condo management committee..he also tried same shit with them but they have declared this arsehole a persona non grata...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3) Lionel de Souza is probably one of the most notorious cop in Singapore's history. Noted for free drinks, loaning rental cars for free to assaulting people. He was finally sacked from the Police Force by the no less than the Commissioner of Police for assault. As usual the illustrious Police Force cocked it up. He was reinstated and conveniently retired without ever stepping back into the force. A man who faced numerous disciplinary inquiries for misconduct is now helping the PAP. This is the same man who is the father of one son who became a secret society member and another son who sadly became a catamite at Changi. He can't even help his sons and he is helping the residents of Hougang. And we worry about Ho Ching.

What does that tell you about Desmond and the PAP. Surely they could have found 3 other decent people who have done some level of good and are prepared to help. Unless Hougang is made of criminals and these three do resonate with them, the setup is beyond comprehension.

Good luck to the residents of Hougang if this is what the PAP has to offer.

He was known to have extorted money from OKTs in Geylang. 3 sons. 2 of them SS members - Sio Gi Ho and Hong Hong San. The SGH chap into drugs. Yet to hear anything good about Lionel from his colleagues.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Bro GD..how are u..thanks for added info..

Btw, anyone know how the hell this arsehole managed to get a Judicial Review to overturn his dismissal from SPF..please explain for layman minus legal jargon

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Bro GD..how are u..thanks for added info..

Btw, anyone know how the hell this arsehole managed to get a Judicial Review to overturn his dismissal from SPF..please explain for layman minus legal jargon

I am fine, bro. Thanks. Hope all's well over your end too.

No details as to how Lionel succeeded. It was once a topic for discussion with my kakis but I think I was too busy watching a BPL game in progress to pay attention to Lionel's story. Just surprised that PAP takes in dogs these days. SPCA must be thrilled to have one of their members involved in PAP politics.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this Lionel guy, an Eurasian, and around 60 to 70 years old?
I recall chatting with him in person.

He was known to have extorted money from OKTs in Geylang. 3 sons. 2 of them SS members - Sio Gi Ho and Hong Hong San. The SGH chap into drugs. Yet to hear anything good about Lionel from his colleagues.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am fine, bro. Thanks. Hope all's well over your end too.

No details as to how Lionel succeeded. It was once a topic for discussion with my kakis but I think I was too busy watching a BPL game in progress to pay attention to Lionel's story. Just surprised that PAP takes in dogs these days. SPCA must be thrilled to have one of their members involved in PAP politics.

Bro..part about PAP correct..but about SPCA i veri2 paiseh cos I donate to them..hope it is in jest bro..