• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang By-election later news up date

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Need a credible government? Think again!

watcher:
November 12, 2014 at 9:49 am (Quote)

WP has gone to bed with PAP. Only at election time, they wayang a bit. Not surprised that they are known as the Wayang Party. If they cannot speak on bread and butter issues for the masses, cost of living, employment, eerily silence on CPF issues, why are they in politics? Only busy thrashing out hawker centre cleaning issues with the authorities, and going to court over Chinese New Year event. If I were PAP, I will keep nicpicking on them, make them look bad. Afterall, that is the perception I get from them, a Weak Party, easy pushovers in parliament.
I have never voted for the PAP. The Weak Party is a disappointment. Perhaps LTK is happy to be the sultan of his little GRC. I look forward to more outspoken opposition leaders like CSJ, TJS and KJ.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.09.06 Mid-Autumn Celebrations[/h]Updated <abbr title="Monday, September 15, 2014 at 8:13am" data-utime="1410740033" class="timestamp">about 2 months ago</abbr>

Hougang SMC celebrated this year's Mid-Autumn celebrations amidst the cool winds of September. Residents were treated to free-flow of mooncakes, bottled green tea and hot oolong tea, and enjoyed an evening of games, lantern riddles and lucky draw. A performance of wheel-chair dance caught the imagination of the audience. The performers were able-bodied volunteers who hopes to inspire others who might be wheelchair-bound that their disability should not be an obstacle in doing what they want to do.

As with all Mid-Autumn Celebrations, there was also a lantern procession led by our own MP for Hougang, Mr Png Eng Huat, with a stroll round the neighbourhood park.

Photo Credit: Tan Thuan Tong

10157224_932181690131774_7854687602098032653_n.jpg

10538598_932181716798438_7433585210143155051_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

watcher:

WP has gone to bed with PAP. Only at election time, they wayang a bit. Not surprised that they are known as the Wayang Party. If they cannot speak on bread and butter issues for the masses, cost of living, employment, eerily silence on CPF issues, why are they in politics? Only busy thrashing out hawker centre cleaning issues with the authorities, and going to court over Chinese New Year event. If I were PAP, I will keep nicpicking on them, make them look bad. Afterall, that is the perception I get from them, a Weak Party, easy pushovers in parliament.
I have never voted for the PAP. The Weak Party is a disappointment. Perhaps LTK is happy to be the sultan of his little GRC. I look forward to more outspoken opposition leaders like CSJ, TJS and KJ.

================================================== =

WP need to debate Us:
November 12, 2014 at 1:40 pm (Quote)

Instead of hiding , and procrastinating or lamenting how netizens are beginning to criticize WP,
WP should start coming out of its hiding place and reason with netizens.
1. There are solid , good reasons why WP is being criticized . They cannot just demand people not to criticize it using reasons like so that they can win . Will they not become another MIW if they continue their ways?
2. This is not a Dictatorship. WP cannot demand we censor ourselves for its political interest.
3. Politics is about debate . If you LOSE a debate, thats just that.
If you Dare Not debate, thats just that. If you Don’t Want To debate, thats just your problem.
I think Chen Show Mao the new citizen is underperforming.
He has not voiced up much.
Maybe he voiced up a lot in his sleep or during 1-to-1 MPS sessions. But thats not living up to our Expectations.
$16K salaries should not be so easy to earn.
This is Immoral and Unethical while being perfectly LEGAL at the same time. Thus, Legality.[/COLO

================================================== =====

slacker:
November 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm (Quote)

Can Gerald Giam PLEASE comment on Lim Hng Kiang’s replies, preferably in Parliament???
No point posting such Q&A online and let us draw our own conclusions.
To a simple layman like me, it seemed that Ah Lim did not fully address Gerald’s questions.
Since there is no follow-up, my simple conclusion is that WP cannot be the SOLE co-driver.
WP alone as co-driver is a HOPELESS situation!
We still get BULLIED by the PAP and their shameless cronies!!!
We need OTHER OPPOSITION PARTIES like RP, NSP, SDP, SFP and SPP in Parliament to ‘slap’ the heartless PAP.
May the e**l PAP and their cronies like Yang Yin, Roger Zhang and Xiaxue burn in hell when they die.
Majullah Singapura!

================================================== ====

Joe Teo C C B:
November 13, 2014 at 12:40 am (Quote)

50 years of lessons we get from PAP teaches us one thing.
That is, SG should never rely on just 1 party.
If WP becomes ruling party, its very likely that they will become another PAP. Just look at how stubborn WP is now. It does not even entertain the opposition supporters who invited them to attend protests as peaceful attendees.
They made very bold claim to be the co-driver who slaps the driver.
LTK freezes.
What credibility does WP have other than ability to give rhetorics?
Its very easy to talk rhetorics. Any dick can do that.
Just say what the people want to hear.
WP also has been distancing from other opposition.
Even when its not a ruling party it is already so snobbish .
I think they placed their party interest above ours.
WP is still useful. But I have to be honest and not anyhow make claims like WP.
WP has not lived up to what it promised.
WP is not the solution. Its only a calafaire. A Wayang.
It does not have the courage to speak up on some of the main issues.
I do not expect WP can lead successfully as a ruling party. It does not have the right DNA.
To prevent another PAP, we need MULTI-PARTY VIEWS and Opposition Alliance. We need a mature 2 party system.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.09.06 Mid-Autumn Celebrations[/h]Updated <abbr title="Monday, September 15, 2014 at 8:13am" data-utime="1410740033" class="timestamp">about 2 months ago</abbr>

Hougang SMC celebrated this year's Mid-Autumn celebrations amidst the cool winds of September. Residents were treated to free-flow of mooncakes, bottled green tea and hot oolong tea, and enjoyed an evening of games, lantern riddles and lucky draw. A performance of wheel-chair dance caught the imagination of the audience. The performers were able-bodied volunteers who hopes to inspire others who might be wheelchair-bound that their disability should not be an obstacle in doing what they want to do.

As with all Mid-Autumn Celebrations, there was also a lantern procession led by our own MP for Hougang, Mr Png Eng Huat, with a stroll round the neighbourhood park.

10384487_932181760131767_2918005400918984039_n.jpg

10616075_932181783465098_2821208095791734484_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

watcher:

================================================== =

WP need to debate Us:
November 12, 2014 at 1:40 pm (Quote)

Instead of hiding , and procrastinating or lamenting how netizens are beginning to criticize WP,
WP should start coming out of its hiding place and reason with netizens.
1. There are solid , good reasons why WP is being criticized . They cannot just demand people not to criticize it using reasons like so that they can win . Will they not become another MIW if they continue their ways?
2. This is not a Dictatorship. WP cannot demand we censor ourselves for its political interest.
3. Politics is about debate . If you LOSE a debate, thats just that.
If you Dare Not debate, thats just that. If you Don’t Want To debate, thats just your problem.
I think Chen Show Mao the new citizen is underperforming.
He has not voiced up much.
Maybe he voiced up a lot in his sleep or during 1-to-1 MPS sessions. But thats not living up to our Expectations.
$16K salaries should not be so easy to earn.
This is Immoral and Unethical while being perfectly LEGAL at the same time. Thus, Legality.[/COLO

================================================== =====

slacker:
November 11, 2014 at 7:08 pm (Quote)

Can Gerald Giam PLEASE comment on Lim Hng Kiang’s replies, preferably in Parliament???
No point posting such Q&A online and let us draw our own conclusions.
To a simple layman like me, it seemed that Ah Lim did not fully address Gerald’s questions.
Since there is no follow-up, my simple conclusion is that WP cannot be the SOLE co-driver.
WP alone as co-driver is a HOPELESS situation!
We still get BULLIED by the PAP and their shameless cronies!!!
We need OTHER OPPOSITION PARTIES like RP, NSP, SDP, SFP and SPP in Parliament to ‘slap’ the heartless PAP.
May the e**l PAP and their cronies like Yang Yin, Roger Zhang and Xiaxue burn in hell when they die.
Majullah Singapura!

Joe Teo C C B:

If WP becomes ruling party, its very likely that they will become another PAP. Just look at how stubborn WP is now. It does not even entertain the opposition supporters who invited them to attend protests as peaceful attendees.
LTK freezes.
I do not expect WP can lead successfully as a ruling party. It does not have the right DNA.
To prevent another PAP, we need MULTI-PARTY VIEWS and Opposition Alliance. We need a mature 2 party system.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10394101_932181806798429_5453094054464452943_n.jpg

10665264_932181830131760_8443063229718282037_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Lim Suzan:
November 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm (Quote)

WP, I voted for you in last 3elections.
I stood in the rain, m&d and sun For you.
I clapped and shouted for you.
What have you DELIVERED for me ?
Stop Hiding and come out and tell me.
We are Lambasting WP just like how your BERNIE BOY lambasted Roy. Rightfully or not.
Its called TOUGH LOVE.
You know you are guilty of not doing a good job as the Co-driver which you claimed you are.
It would not be good if you become ruling party .
I feel that as ruling party you would be even more ARROGANT AND NOT LISTEN TO US AND NOT RESPOND TO US.
Its sad that Gerald is serving WP.
He deserves a better opposition party to allow him better express his talents.
Gerald was better as a Blogger.
WP :
1. Arrogant
2. Unresponsive to citizens
3. Getting Elitist
4. Intentionally distancing from other Opposition.
5. pap in the making. Already it supports several pap policies.
This is why, giving away Absolute power can lead to a run away train uncontrollable situation where citizens are disenfranchised and feel powerless helpless voiceless.
We thus need a Check and Balancing of powers.
No more SG with a ruling party like PAP.
NO MORE AUTHORITARIANISM.
Absolute parliament powers means everything in the Constitution can be changed , potentially. Can elections be banned? Think again!

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
what has Low thia piak proven ? he can only be heard in funerals, in parliament he can stat a sub committee and head the
“Silence and obedience in pariliament membership forum” he is the most most most well behaved ops! opposition in the history of Singapore..
Yet most can consider he the better than JBJ and David Marshall and CST.
sUPPOSE WE gather Low entire work and weight, it wont event be equal to the coughs of those ex opposition .
Paid to be silent and obedient .

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10698414_932181843465092_5935109961013814775_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10702038_932181866798423_8552620242601135554_n.jpg

10702180_932181906798419_7007586530434744064_n.jpg

10622788_932181943465082_2607165911610199742_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10310102_932181970131746_1033183089842469304_n.jpg

10351598_932181980131745_9089251299138253512_n.jpg

10653568_932182036798406_3922648424891611466_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcoming all Hougang SMC residents to join Hougang MP Png Eng Huat for tea this Saturday 22 Nov 2014 at Blk 2 Hougang Ave 3 void deck at 2 pm.
欢迎后港区的居民在来临的星期六下午2点到后港3道第2座底层与国会议员方荣发一同享用茶点。

10425001_971591639524112_4396301824663098839_n.png

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Hougang SMC[/h]Join us for A Wonderful, Magical Christmas Party on 13 Dec 2014! Tickets available at the weekly Meet-the-People Session at Blk 310 Hougang Ave 5 on Wednesday evenings from 8pm to 9.30pm.

10390086_971636966186246_3590462767268259872_n.png

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.11.01 Hougang Deepam Night 2014[/h]Updated <abbr title="Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 12:13am" data-utime="1416240791" class="timestamp">on Monday</abbr> · Taken at Basketball Court between 324 and 332 Hougang Ave 5

Hougang SMC celebrated the Festival of Lights with a night of food, fun and music on 1 Nov 2014. Volunteers started the day early to get the site ready for the night, and performers arrived early to prepare themselves. The beautiful peacock feathers attracted residents near-by who took photos with the performers even before the programme began.

Residents were treated to song and dance, and a segment of stage games, while they enjoyed the sumptuous buffet dinner prepared for them. The night ended with a finale song on stage and participant left happily as the event came to a close.

Photo credit: Tan Thuan Tong

10437784_970716176278325_1885785544842114882_n.jpg

7582_970716169611659_7010180413470680698_n.jpg

10421592_970716172944992_8429901105393212864_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.11.01 Hougang Deepam Night 2014[/h]Updated <abbr title="Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 12:13am" data-utime="1416240791" class="timestamp">on Monday</abbr> · Taken at Basketball Court between 324 and 332 Hougang Ave 5

Hougang SMC celebrated the Festival of Lights with a night of food, fun and music on 1 Nov 2014. Volunteers started the day early to get the site ready for the night, and performers arrived early to prepare themselves. The beautiful peacock feathers attracted residents near-by who took photos with the performers even before the programme began.

Residents were treated to song and dance, and a segment of stage games, while they enjoyed the sumptuous buffet dinner prepared for them. The night ended with a finale song on stage and participant left happily as the event came to a close.

10801545_970716346278308_2613855265872816279_n.jpg

10394620_970716389611637_342140063345306491_n.jpg

10390072_970716382944971_4028711185223078281_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

984251_970716416278301_2597231313193233770_n.jpg

1601239_970716446278298_6061962055642455140_n.jpg

1528508_970716472944962_6641840855549253951_n.jpg

1507208_970716469611629_7558100958938295097_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Hougang SMC[/h]
"AHPETC have not obfuscated or intentionally delayed in responding to the matters raised by MOS Lee, but have made it known to the public that we are looking into the S&CC arrears data, and will respond to the query on the financial and arrears situation in due course."

Media Release - 22 November 2014 | AHPETC
[url]www.ahpetc.sg

We refer to the remarks made by the Minister of State for the Ministry of National Development (MND), Mr Desmond Lee on 21 November 2014.

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.11.01 Hougang Deepam Night 2014[/h]Updated <abbr title="Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 12:13am" data-utime="1416240791" class="timestamp">last Monday</abbr> · Taken at Basketball Court between 324 and 332 Hougang Ave 5

13996_970716529611623_7682471956136707316_n.jpg

1016497_970716552944954_8555154875033587964_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]2014.11.01 Hougang Deepam Night 2014[/h]Updated <abbr title="Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 12:13am" data-utime="1416240791" class="timestamp">last Monday</abbr> · Taken at Basketball Court between 324 and 332 Hougang Ave 5

10428095_970716566278286_5844302933104813182_n.jpg

10389972_970716589611617_5678814171451124700_n.jpg

9754_970716696278273_5292405687787115731_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joe Teo C C B:

LTK freezes.

==================================================

what has Low thia piak proven ? he can only be heard in funerals, in parliament he can stat a sub committee and head the
“Silence and obedience in pariliament membership forum” he is the most most most well behaved ops! opposition in the history of Singapore..
Yet most can consider he the better than JBJ and David Marshall and CST.
sUPPOSE WE gather Low entire work and weight, it wont event be equal to the coughs of those ex opposition .
Paid to be silent and obedient .

================================================

Realist:
November 5, 2014 at 11:26 am (Quote)
Why should WP MPs risk their comfortable 15k/month salary and stir shit in Parliament ?
They get paid for saying and doing nothing which is a better deal than opposing the PAP.
However come 2016, these wayang MPs will emerge from their hibernation and start to stir some shit. Just wait and see.

WP just like an idiot...:
November 5, 2014 at 3:28 pm (Quote)

Forget about WP, LTK best friend of LKY, no balls MP. He has been in parliament 20 over years what has he done? LHL loves him so much because WP only WAYANG and roar like a lion only in GE rally. The whole party is like a church mouse, anyone will think the WP is PAP. Do not put your hope on WP, already shown after all these years they are not a good opposition, they are happy to collect $16000 salary and be a seat warmer. Vote SDP, SFP or KJ.

================================================== ===

Wayang Party:
November 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm (Quote)

WP is Wayang Party – once in a while perform some “heated argument” with PAP members to con the voters that they are against PAP/PAP policies.
Pay attention and watch their performance, any fool can see that they are a secret branch of the PAP. Just wayang to fool voters.
Remember what LTK said? …… PAP will rule for another 50 years.
Which genuine oppo member would say this? When he said this, he seemed to be quite pleased about it.
All genuine oppo parties would certainly aim to take over the govt if possible – only WP expects & quite happy that PAP will rule for another 50 years….. ANOTHER 50 years ! It has to be pro-PAP for him to conceive in his mind !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WP is weak:
November 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm (Quote)

Sad to say WP is a very weak opposition. Against the PAP in Parliament u cant just sit there and talk. WP got to stand up and challenge the issues that are posing problems for Singaporeans in a much stronger way. WP should show they are there in the Parliament and they are worth to be counted. When JBJ was in Parliament , PAP would shiver. JBJ would ask questions on PAP’s policies and PAP wouldn’t be able to answer it. JBJ was one man. But he was intelligent and smart. He asked all the right questions. He asked probing question. But in this WP they don’t have anyone of such caliber.