• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang By-election later news up date

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overall, all the speakers have given a very touching speech, each in their own style and topics. This is a well co-ordinated speech, every word was a surprise and captivated the heart and soul of Hougang. No speaker duplicate or repeat the other speaker. I am not sure about PAP rally and I really don't bother about PAP "logic" or you will end up insulted by their pettiness.

PAPIBCHIEF

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For one, i would urge hougang voters not to trust the oppos!
PAP is the party to lead Singapore forward economically to bring about jobs and more growth for singaporeans. A good example of the role the Singapore government has played in fostering economic growth is the Changi airport and the Singapore Airlines. The Singapore government investment and holding company, Temasek Holdings is the majority shareholder with 54% shareholding of the Singapore Airlines. The Singapore government also owns Changi Airport that was developed in 1975 to replace the Paya Lebar Airport. Both of these enterprises have become enormously successfully and are a good example of the thoughtful and forward-looking economic policies promoted by the Singapore PAP government.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
PAP openly said we need these immigrants because of our low birth rates.
Can you be more productive?

I cannot understand your logic. Employers in Singapore recruit FTs instead of locals because they are more productive (your very words) i.e. can have more babies?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
myfoot123 said:
Overall, all the speakers have given a very touching speech, each in their own style and topics. This is a well co-ordinated speech, every word was a surprise and captivated the heart and soul of Hougang. No speaker duplicate or repeat the other speaker. I am not sure about PAP rally and I really don't bother about PAP "logic" or you will end up insulted by their pettiness.

I think WP has established a speaking style whether at rallies or in parliament. Each speaker is given a topic to speak on.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
elephanto said:
Low may not have LKY's Intellectual brilliance but in terms of political resilience, he holds his own.

So talk is cheap, ideas are fine but in execution, and the order ( no putting the cart before the horse) and the crafting/grafting of organization development, Low is proven.

I agree with you. At this stage of the game, Low's political astuteness and appeal to the ordinary people are the necessary qualities of a leader in gaining more votes and building up the opposition. We can argue about his intellectual ability to lead a govt but for the present requirement, that is more than adequate.

Low's grooming of younger leaders instead of repaying old time loyalty is a necessary step towards developing a party ready to form an alternative government.

I feel at the present state of play, winning seats for the opposition is of paramount importance to deny the ruling party the absolute power to rule.

There is no real need to have everyone in a single opposition party if their views are so varied. Still there is a need for better coordination and greater support of one another.

Even for this loose association, some leadership is required to help establish mutually acceptable ground rules. If you watch Chinese martial art movies, this character called the "武林盟主" probably fits this role perfectly.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
\ Still there is a need for better coordination and greater support of one another.

Even for this loose association, some leadership is required to help establish mutually acceptable ground rules. If you watch Chinese martial art movies, this character called the "武林盟主" probably fits this role perfectly.
bro, my take has changed over time.

all neutrals like harmony unity in the natural but in our context, it is a very unrealistic therefore highly unwise thing to do henceforth.

to me imho, that is the new normal for opposition politics.

why?

1. opp quality too varied

2. in fact traditionally, there has never been unity. pre-election coordination is a laughable uneasy 'division of pork'.
even then, cognitive dissonance can happen - e..g. GMS ongoing grouse against WP in Moulmein-Kallang when he decided to back out - a decision he is free to take or not take.

3. even in JBJ & Chiam's time, are they really that eye-to-eye baring the most minimum of 'opposition solidarity'. basically, they are similar only in anti-PAP, but their political stance very different.

4. today, from SDP's Chee, Dr Ang, Wijey to RP's Kenneth to NSP's GMS & Sebastian Teo to Desmond of SDA and Chiam of SPP ... when should they and how would they even unity ? co-ordinate yes, unite?!

Eventually results are everything.

Low must have realized talk is hollow. Eventually, he just went ahead to execute his own way of building up. From 1991 till now.

the WuXia analogy is apt yet incomplete. Note Nicole Seah's comments on Low you will realise he has commanded certain regard from the younger Opp Aspirants if only based on his 4 continuous success at holding Hougang.

LKY said leadership cannot be arbitrarily appointed - in his context referring to how Cabinet eventually choose their generational Leader to be First amongst Equals.

Likewise in Opposition, Low just let his results speak for itself.

I have high hopes for WP under Low in the years ahead in spite of all the things WP's detractors dwell on.

Low I believe will. in his own way, ensure WP leadership renewal must come to past some day.

Knowing him, he I am sure he doesn't give a shit to GMS's 'advice' or comments...

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]2012-05-20 Day 5 Campaign[/h]

555193_464949026855045_225942114089072_104202696_109670609_n.jpg

540607_464949063521708_225942114089072_104202697_1472920705_n.jpg

522266_464949093521705_225942114089072_104202698_2104916999_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spotted at a resident's home while Png Eng Huat visits residents personally on his campaign trail.

575149_468356546514267_149672065049385_2000313_360891716_n.jpg

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually all had the same speech. Govt no good.
And none of them dealt with why there is a BE in the first place.

Also, none of them can campaign on what the WP had achieved. These people all shied away from their performce and record. They cant run on their records cos its too embarassing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually all had the same speech. Govt no good.
And none of them dealt with why there is a BE in the first place.

Also, none of them can campaign on what the WP had achieved. These people all shied away from their performce and record. They cant run on their records cos its too embarassing.
Why is there GRC is the first place hah?