• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To All The HG Voters

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which of these affect your lives,

1) Overcrowding in MRT, shopping centres and hawker centres
2) MRT break-dances
2) Social problems created by FTs
3) Higher HDB price
4) Higher COE
5) Scandals by public servants
6) Scandal by YSL

Select 1 to 6 for your answer to better living conditions.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgot to add:

7) People lost money vis DBS ATM for no reason
8) PAP said depressed wages is necessary until productivity is up by their standard
9) Electricity tariff in Singapore hit world record

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgot to add:

8) PAP said depressed wages is necessary until productivity is up by their standard
9) Electricity tariff in Singapore hit world record

There are a lot more to add but any 3 of the above is enough to kill...why waste bullets?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are a lot more to add but any 3 of the above is enough to kill...why waste bullets?

No waste bullets lah, bullets are aplenty. Fire one carton also worth the effort, especially when confronting MIW with thick hide. So need more power.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You forgot to add:

Nobody lost money you twit. Being a typical opposition supporter, you're simply making up cock-and-bull stories to suit your own purpose. You're even worse than the PAP,

ATM skimming is a worldwide problem and it won't go away no matter who is in government. It's not even a govt issue.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody lost money you twit. Being a typical opposition supporter, you're simply making up cock-and-bull stories to suit your own purpose. You're even worse than the PAP,

ATM skimming is a worldwide problem and it won't go away no matter who is in government. It's not even a govt issue.

I agree with you Sam. To be angry and frustrated with the PAP is one thing, to attribute every single issues to the PAP is unreasonable.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you Sam. To be angry and frustrated with the PAP is one thing, to attribute every single issues to the PAP is unreasonable.

Not me, for sure. I attribute every single issue to Singaporeans instead: ignorant, dumb, useless people, the lot of them. :rolleyes:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all the HG voters

Please focus on the real issues that affect your daily life and those of your families. Do not get distracted by what Leongsam says. That loser had quitted S'pore long ago and doesn't have a stake here in S'pore and so he can make silly statements as the outcome of this BE whoever wins doesn't affect him at all. Instead look at how difficult life has been in these past 20 years under the PAP regime, look at how much the cost of living has gone up, look at how much more we have to fight with foreigners nowadays. look at how frequent the MRT breaks down, the floods, the ridiculous COE prices, the ever increasing bus fares, the long wait at polyclinics, no empty beds at govt hospitals etc. These are the real issues. Leongsam can say all nice things about the PAP because he's no longer affected by their policies. He's like someone who comment how beautiful and lovely the fire is from a safe distance while homes and lives are being lost due to the fire.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
He's like someone who comment how beautiful and lovely the fire is from a safe distance while homes and lives are being lost due to the fire.

Don't be ridiculous. Singapore isn't crumbling and it isn't on fire either. It's thriving, it's dynamic, it's growing and it's improving by the day. Of course it's a bit crowded but that how big cities are in this day and age. The world population has reached 7 billion and people have to live somewhere. They can't be sleeping in tents in the wilderness.

If you go to most big cities around the world, you'll find whole precincts which have been taken over by gangs dealing drugs. Has that happened in Singapore? Of course it hasn't. It's well run and the crime rate has fallen considerably in the last 5 years.

The unemployment rate in Singapore is about 2.5%. The unemployment rate in the USA is 10%. In NZ, it's 5%. In many 3rd world countries, it's 20% or more. That tells you that the economy is doing well.

The fact that I spend time abroad does not mean I've lost touch because I spend at least 25% of my time in Singapore every year. What it does mean that is that I can view the situation from a less emotional perpective whereas too many Singaporeans get carried away simply because the PAP govt does not pander to their whims and fancies.

Running Singapore is a tough job because of the unique situation the country is in. There will be hiccups and it is up to Singaporeans to assist the govt in overcoming the odds instead of complaining from the sidelines.

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be ridiculous. Singapore isn't crumbling and it isn't on fire either. It's thriving, it's dynamic, it's growing and it's improving by the day. Of course it's a bit crowded but that how big cities are in this day and age. The world population has reached 7 billion and people have to live somewhere. They can't be sleeping in tents in the wilderness.

If you go to most big cities around the world, you'll find whole precincts which have been taken over by gangs dealing drugs. Has that happened in Singapore? Of course it hasn't. It's well run and the crime rate has fallen considerably in the last 5 years.

The unemployment rate in Singapore is about 2.5%. The unemployment rate in the USA is 10%. In NZ, it's 5%. In many 3rd world countries, it's 20% or more. That tells you that the economy is doing well.

The fact that I spend time abroad does not mean I've lost touch because I spend at least 25% of my time in Singapore every year. What it does mean that is that I can view the situation from a less emotional perpective whereas too many Singaporeans get carried away simply because the PAP govt does not pander to their whims and fancies.

Running Singapore is a tough job because of the unique situation the country is in. There will be hiccups and it is up to Singaporeans to assist the govt in overcoming the odds instead of complaining from the sidelines.

I am in agreement! well said....sinkies do not appreciate how good sinkapore is until the day it sinks and stinks!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think people here should be more realistic. SMC is always about local issues plus personal charisma and touch. SMC normally won't vote for policy changes.

If it is about national issues and such, WP may not have advantage as well because of the poor and under-performance of their MPs in parliament, not to mention about Yaw-gate. WP has promised "First World Parliament" but it ended up with sub-standard debate on Ministerial-pay and worse, copycat MPs.

I think people should concentrate on LTK's legacy in Hougang instead of talking big of expecting WP to put up a good debate or voice in Parliament. Such talk will only backfire if PAP is to question WP's performance so far.

Goh Meng Seng

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people here should be more realistic. SMC is always about local issues plus personal charisma and touch. SMC normally won't vote for policy changes.

Goh Meng Seng

This election will indeed be largely about local issues, but not because it's a SMC, but this is a BE and not a GE. If I'm a HG resident, I'll choose the candidate who I think can best take care of me. National issues, if they are relevant to HG residents as well, would be of concern too. For example, the frequent MRT train breakdowns. So it's not accurate to say national issues don't matter. Of course, if you refer to diplomatic ties with Myanmar, or FTA with Zimbawe, then they'll hardly matter to me if I've to choose my MP for HG.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now I know why TracyTan simply ignore your posts and talk about char kway teow instead in the same thread. Haha, your comments are not even worth a plate of char kway teow.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is about national issues and such, WP may not have advantage as well because of the poor and under-performance of their MPs in parliament, not to mention about Yaw-gate. WP has promised "First World Parliament" but it ended up with sub-standard debate on Ministerial-pay and worse, copycat MPs.

Such talk will only backfire if PAP is to question WP's performance so far.

Goh Meng Seng

You think PAP performance in parliament is excellent? I thought I saw Tan Chuan Jin crying during his speech about sacrificing and not properly compensated...oh the Nigeria Scam Ah Nair put forth look like a miss bullet in the air and Tharman's $1000 salary to own a flat has insulted the meaning of logic. Arrghh.... I wonder who is worse (mis)representation in parliament. Instead of blamming WP who is trying to warm themselves up, do we have other opposition in parliament to count on? If not, just make do with what little bullets Singaporeans have in parliament and hope for the better in next election to bring in more opposition members. Otherwise, we can't complaint too much.

Last edited:

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng

Since when did WP have advantage in and out of parliament?
Outnumbered by cockroaches in parliament and out decking in HDB voids meeting residents.
First World Parliament will soon become reality once PAP is ousted and it will happen during your life time.
Btw, did your uncle Goh promise "Swiss Standard"?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Now I know why TracyTan simply ignore your posts and talk about char kway teow instead in the same thread. Haha, your comments are not even worth a plate of char kway teow.

If I get no response, it's because I am so convincing with my facts and my figures that that a logical rebuttal simply isn't possible.

However, I still need to get the message across as there are many lurkers who don't participate and they need to know the truth about how well the PAP is performing.

If I didn't respond to all the wild propaganda constantly spewing from the looney liberals such as yourself, they might end up being brainwashed by people like you and tracytan who post loads of drivel on an almost daily basis.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You forgot who is the major shareholders of DBS, never do your homework, and to add insult to injury, how many elderly savings were lost thru the bank when DBS tried to sell toxic lehmen products.

Skimming has nothing to do with DBS shareholders. It's a technical issue and all banks and all ATMs are vulnerable.

All banks take responsibility for losses as a result of skimming and account holders are reimbursed almost immediately.

Skimming has been occuring in NZ under a left wing govt and it has continued under a right wing govt. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10797994

Attempts to politicise a crime of this nature show how desperate the opposition parties are.

atm-skimming-large-graphic

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Skimming has nothing to do with DBS shareholders. It's a technical issue and all banks and all ATMs are vulnerable.

It is inexcusable. By your previous arguments, Singapore is perfectly flawless and best in the world. Technical issue has no place in this TOP OF THE WORLD cuntry. An error is an error, vulnerablity is just an excuse unless you admit Singapore is not perfect and our leader is not perfect. Say it.

Last edited: