• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Teacher accompanies students for contest abroad as wife was dying from cancer

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_IMAGES_MCCARING09e.jpg

By Matthias Chew

When Northland Secondary School teacher Allan Yeong was told that his cancer-stricken wife was dying, it was days before he was to accompany the school's Boys' Brigade pipe band to Jakarta for a regional competition.

The 52-year-old wanted out, but his wife insisted that he go. 'She said it was not on, and that I had to go because I couldn't let the children down. It was their dream to take part in the competition,' he told The Straits Times on Tuesday.

On the day of the competition, he received a call informing him that his wife was about to die. He rushed back to Singapore that afternoon, just in time to see her before she fell into a coma. She died that day, in June 2007.

BACKGROUND STORY

POSITIVE INFLUENCE

'I was called a tyrant in Secondary 2, and parents kept their children away from me. But Mr Yeong saw the good in me and made me pipe major. It allowed me to channel my passion for good.'

Former pipe band member D. Prakash, 24, on Mr Yeong

For his dedication to his students, Mr Yeong was one of this year's three winners of the Caring Teacher Awards. He was seen holding back his tears as he dedicated the award to his wife at the award ceremony on Tuesday at the Nanyang Technological University Alumni Club.

---

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Behind every man's success is a supportive wife. I guess this case holds true. I guess the wife scarificed so as to help secure her husbands career, knowing the fuckup FT policies which may get her husand displaced with cheaper labour.

No other teachers to accompany the team? No other ways to motivate the band? What the fuck is the school prinicpal for?

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Behind every man's success is a supportive wife. I guess this case holds true. I guess the wife scarificed so as to help secure her husbands career, knowing the fuckup FT policies which may get her husand displaced with cheaper labour.

No other teachers to accompany the team? No other ways to motivate the band? What the fuck is the school prinicpal for?

yes sir, totally agreed with you. very mix feeling, the wife is a good wife. the husband i'm in doubt. just like Unrepented mention, no other fucking teachers can go? kudo the wife! fuck the system!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This type of husband also can get special commendation!
Caring teacher?
Come on, you should be a caring husband!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I read this type of story, my lampar really cheng cheng!!!

Nahbeh, wife dying and hubby got to go and lead a band! What type of system is this!!

Pui!!!...wife said go.....husband should say no, " I will stay with you and care for you..."

Fartup lah! I read until I very toolan!!!

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal
While the teacher is very noble to have continued with the trip for the sake of his students, it's atrocious how the school couldn't have scoured for one more staff and another for the short trip to Jakarta. Isn't there a teacher/pupil ratio for overseas trips?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Students educated on such family values and quality of life in sgp..................plus award given as approval............wtf are the educators and award committee thinking:confused: At most, I would keep in mind the teacher's concern for his job in the job evaluation.

If the students don't think deep and have the insight...............sinkies are daft:(

I don't want to bash the teacher, he may be doing it for his children also, but......................:o

Such is swiss standard of living...........to abandon dying family member just to survive.....sad:(

Sinkies please wakeup.

This type of husband also can get special commendation!
Caring teacher?
Come on, you should be a caring husband!!!

Z

Zombie

usually, woman says one thing, thinks/does another...

no matter how noble she was... this man was taking a chance for his wife to die "alone"

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such a decision is more disruptive right? School's management is upside down huan:mad: Should have fucked the school's management upside down and inside out.:mad:

Such poor management and decision making by those responsible for trip approval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celebrating for all the wrong reason:oIo:

By Matthias Chew

On the day of the competition, he received a call informing him that his wife was about to die. He rushed back to Singapore that afternoon, just in time to see her before she fell into a coma. She died that day, in June 2007.

---

Last edited:

carnage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pse lah this guy is happy that wife is dying, he is travelling to find the next wife!

May be have affairs with a young student who knows? Until scandal break and news exposed then we will find out!
:wink:

Be so naive meh? Chey!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
chao chee bye i read the story i also du lan, we go email the principal and fuck him. Fuck up management

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
His wife did a noble thing.

But she succumbed to her illness cos she missed him the few days that he was away. Luckily he flew back in time to see her before she went into coma.

Everybody knows that when a person is dying of cancer and is in great pain, they need the emotional support of loved ones around them. When that is taken away, the ill person's condition can deteriorate very quickly.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
usually, woman says one thing, thinks/does another...

no matter how noble she was... this man was taking a chance for his wife to die "alone"

i totaly agreed with you. the wife said go but she grieved when he went. this is the truth of a woman's generosity. better understand women better instead of just listening to her words.

the husband's duty to his wife is above everything else - more so when she is terminally ill and sick. what blood award is that!!!...and what values are we imparting to our young....duty to the school comes first before your own loved ones???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His wife did a noble thing.

But she succumbed to her illness cos she missed him the few days that he was away. Luckily he flew back in time to see her before she went into coma.

Everybody knows that when a person is dying of cancer and is in great pain, they need the emotional support of loved ones around them. When that is taken away, the ill person's condition can deteriorate very quickly.

i totally agreed with you once again. this type of behaviour should be condemned and not commented for high praise! wrong values imparted to our children and young ones....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
once again all brothers here should write to the media and express our anger and fury. what sort of role model is this!!! dying wife and yet husband flew off.....!!! WTF!!!

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
i totaly agreed with you. the wife said go but she grieved when he went. this is the truth of a woman's generosity. better understand women better instead of just listening to her words.

the husband's duty to his wife is above everything else - more so when she is terminally ill and sick. what blood award is that!!!...and what values are we imparting to our young....duty to the school comes first before your own loved ones???

When he married his wife, he took a vow:"Till death do us part".

When he was employed by the school, was he required to make the same vow?

His wife was supposed to grow old with him, both taking care of each other in old age.

Was the school supposed to take care of him even when he is retired? When he is old and senile?

This man certainly did not know his priorities.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb Singaporeans brainwashed by the PAPpies to sacrifice their families and general well-being to the narrow servitude of the economy.

[video=youtube;69F7GhASOdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69F7GhASOdM[/video]

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Can't Family Be In First Priority ?

In the west, it's the family happiness first policy NOT jobs and eternal slavery. What a mind job ! Telling Sinkies to work harder till kingdom comes and to sacrifice yourself for the 'SAF cause' for free. Sinkies will be suckered till they are dry like a stick sugar cane in a press. Sad, very sad.

GST = Go Squeeze Them !