• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Discussion(No TCSS) - FTs, Whats Your Take On Them

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
As per topic, this is a serious disccussion. No TCSS please. The reason why I start this thread is to put away all rumours that forummers here only know how to TCSS and go off topic. Therefore, I would appreciate if you guys can put in a good disccusion here. Thanks guys :smile:

Topic: FT, Whats Your Take On Them?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've said my piece many times over. We are all immigrants. The only difference is the date of arrival.

Had the Brits not arrived, what would Singapore be like today?

Had the Chinese coolies and traders not arrived later and stayed on after the Brits left, what today's landscape be any different?

What right do the earlier arrivals have to condemn later arrivals when they were in exactly the same boat a generation or two ago?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
too many of IT here, many are of low quality like ah nehs, pinoys and ah tiongs.

How arrogant do you have to be to actually believe that your forefathers.. coolies... rickshaw pullers... night soil carriers... opium addicts were any better than today's arrivals?:rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
total population of singapore should be 3.5 million max. send the extras back to where they come from.

Your figure is arbitrary and plucked from thin air. If you ask the earlier generation, they'd say that Singapore was perfect when the population was 1.75 million.

There is no magic figure.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the island was not full then. cannot simply compare this way.

look at this as a group of people entering a lift. the 1st 10 guys go in and its ok. then no. 11th and 12th went inside and the lift becomes overloaded. is it fair for the 11th and 12th guy to ask any of the 1st 10th guys to FO instead?

Build a bigger lift.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am not against foreign talents. In fact, many Singaporeans are not against them coming to Singapore. There are job vacancies that needed to be filled up by them, either because of the lack of expertise or because Singaporeans generally do not want to take up the jobs. We know it is not their fault that they chose to come because it was the government who opened the floodgate. We know everyone has the rights to a better quality of living, hence the choice to migrate.
The sickening part is, before these foreign talents actually made any real contribution to Singapore, they started to abuse the host. We have seen more and more of these abuse by these new migrants. The surprise thing is, Singaporeans are keeping quiet. Look at how abusive these pinoys are in recent months. If the same thing were to happen in Australia, those idiots would have been so vocal.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we have evolved. but not them. they can fit right in if they came in the 1900s. not now.

last checked the science journal, there was no new human species since homo sapiens...unless you're claiming that you're a new breed. homo sinkie?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
my take.....qualified Singaporeans get first crack at jobs. Then FTs fill in the other vacancies. Similarly promotions....Qualified sinkies should be promoted

ahead of FTs unless of course the FT is an extraordinary performer.

FTs admittedly add life, freshness and new ideas but locals cannot be sacrificed or sidelined for little reason.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got nothing against them really, especially at the constructions category because many Singaporeans would not want it because of the low pay, just cant survive staying in SG with that kind of salary. If only Gov would implement the minimum salary cap, which in turn will piss off the employer and potential investors, without them = no economy.

I dun like the hospitality side to be manage by the foreigners, why cant our young generations do that? In HK, seeing MTR attendants greeting you on the entrance is normal sight, in attraction places, are also managed by young Hongkies, why cant we do that? Problem? see para 1, or Gov never try to do this...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my design line, out of 10, only 1 - 2 ang mohs deserved my respect, the rest were those who cant make it in their own country and try to escape here with good pay and do nothing.

For ah nehs? worst, talk only, when do actual things, give full of bullshit excuses :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The sickening part is, before these foreign talents actually made any real contribution to Singapore, they started to abuse the host. We have seen more and more of these abuse by these new migrants. The surprise thing is, Singaporeans are keeping quiet. Look at how abusive these pinoys are in recent months. If the same thing were to happen in Australia, those idiots would have been so vocal.

an intermediate step for orientation and quarantine would be recommended if new immigrants have not mutated or evolved to homo sinkies as migrant would like them to be. solutions need compromises. tekong would be a good internment camp. new immigrants would need to complete the obstacle course a dozen times, go thru' national education school of hard knocks two dozen times, recite the pledge three dozen times, practise singlish four dozen rounds of classes, and eat nothing else but curry and mee siam no hum for the entire duration of the detention. fast learners will get a pass while slow ones will restart the entire brainwashing program all over again until they fully understand "ns is killing sg."

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've said my piece many times over. We are all immigrants. The only difference is the date of arrival.

true... if the africans had not gotten off their butts and started emigrating, where the heck would the whole world be...

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For what fuck do we need PRCs , Ah Nehs and Peenoying when you can find dozens of talent from Mudland ?
Peenoying is totally produce nothing but shits just like ah nehs !

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

Had the Brits not arrived, what would Singapore be like today?

Had the Chinese coolies and traders not arrived later and stayed on after the Brits left, what today's landscape be any different?

What right do the earlier arrivals have to condemn later arrivals when they were in exactly the same boat a generation or two ago?

There is one important difference. Singapore is just a larger boat and the smaller boats bring people from all over to climb aboard this boat. Now the boat is getting overloaded. The Captain says we can in some more because they pay good money. What do we do? If we take in anymore, the boat is going to sink.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
There is one important difference. Singapore is just a larger boat and the smaller boats bring people from all over to climb aboard this boat. Now the boat is getting overloaded. The Captain says we can in some more because they pay good money. What do we do? If we take in anymore, the boat is going to sink.

No it isn't. Stop being so dramatic. The infrastructure is creaking at the moment but once things are sorted out, it will be fine.

A year ago, my server was dying from the load. Now it's running well. All it took was a bit of investment.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
No it isn't. Stop being so dramatic. The infrastructure is creaking at the moment but once things are sorted out, it will be fine.

A year ago, my server was dying from the load. Now it's running well. All it took was a bit of investment.

Do your server occupy a lot more space now than before? Admire more the spaciousness of the mirror lakes when you next go fishing. You will not find it here.

Incidentally I have yet seen a comprehensive infrastructure plan address ing this overcrowding situation, only fire-fighting moves and a lot of PR work to try to justify million dollars salaries.

ERP and COE used to be workable solution, move the traffic to off-peak and onto public transport. Today, travel by MRT? The right solution would probably have to be reduced travelling and working part time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as part of the homo sinkie evolution program that will take place at tekong, new immigrants will learn:

1. how to snitch and bitch on sbf. they must pay particular attention to folders dedicated for politics vs. folders for tcss. they can't tcss at the politics folder, but highly evolved homo sinkies from the political folder can pollute the tcss or original folder. it's a double standard they need to get used to.
2. reserve or "chope" tables at food courts with tissue packets. toilet rolls that are not soiled are welcome too.
3. jump queue only once when the latest hello kitty toy is sold at mcdonald's.
4. keep spying the cleavage of a tiong bu milf like raiders do if she's alone or her hubby is not with her.
5. never use mirrors for upskirt viewing as the new tech is a smartphone with high def cam.
6. refrain from calling out seatless bicycle jokes when posting on sbf. it's bad manners, gross and awfully offensive to all readers, not just the admin.
7. never challenge deepthroat and his so called butt lickers, as they sorely survive on crumbs of whatever insider misinformation they can devour in a frenzy to deliver and delve into delicious details about the pending demise of their demon. to do so, they become the demon they detest most. gossip is the passion, and it must be done with uber snobbery and no tcss.
8. no body odor when boarding the mrt.
9. cannot pass gas in a crowded place.
10. complain about everything to the gov, yet hate the gov for being a nanny.
11. back to 1.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Topic: FT, Whats Your Take On Them?

Sg occupies a very strategic position in for regional business - hence its supererb economic poerformance. Unfortunately Sg is also known as Peesai - itsy bitsy small piece of land. No more natural population growth. With its highly educated population, who wants their kids to grow up to do menial jobs? So there forms a natural labour void - to be filled by who? Immigrant workers of course! To label these immigrant workers as "Foreign Talent" doesn't do justice to both them, and their hosts as talents are suppose to be capable of above-average feats, not ordinary run-of-the mill work. And also implies there is a lack of "local talent".

There is nothing that can be done to stem the inflow of foreign workers. This is the natural flow of things during peacetime. Just make the necessary adjustments and get used to it. All cities are crowded anyway. Singapore - Instant Asia.

Cheers!