• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Discussion(No TCSS) - FTs, Whats Your Take On Them

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FT for construction $ factory operator yes.

Others post. No No. MOM/gov should reduce the quota and up the levy at the same time.
1st 20% FT/total head count>> levy $300/head/month.
Next 20%(21~40%)>>> levy $500/month
Next 20% (41%~60%)>>> levy $700/month
61% and above $1k/month.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was no need for the father to bring in the extra income as the son is brining in enough bacon to feed the family. But because the father is greedy and wants to fatten his pocket, therefore opening the main gate of the house to the unwelcome tenant. The father and it's blind supporters need to get their head checked.

The cost of living is going up every year. Fierce competition from jobs by those around the father and the much needed help around the house to fix things that the useless son is unwilling or unable to do force the father to rent out the flat. It's not that they didn't need the income, it's simply the son was too well protected by the father to realize the hush reality of the outside world. Instead of trying to understand and help the father build a better home, the useless son keeps making a nuisance at home causing more problems for the father.

Similarly the globalize world in the last couple of years means companies can easily move out to cheaper better or more suitable locations generating fierce competition around the world for jobs and talent. Of all the developed countries, SG is one of the few who managed to stay ahead, EU and US have been losing both to the likes of China and India. While the raise of the middle class in those 2 countries have generated higher demands for goods and luxury items forcing up prices. SG have always faced a chronic shortage of labor in many areas and at the same time locals refuse to work in many jobs. It is precisely because the country is so well run that many locals do not realize all the problems that the country have had to face.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FT for construction $ factory operator yes.

Others post. No No. MOM/gov should reduce the quota and up the levy at the same time.
1st 20% FT/total head count>> levy $300/head/month.
Next 20%(21~40%)>>> levy $500/month
Next 20% (41%~60%)>>> levy $700/month
61% and above $1k/month.

levy or percentage of pay whichever is higher would be more effective imo. That would cover those PMETs as well. If 200 nia, companies wont think twice about hiring a guy they are already paying $5-6K a month

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
levy or percentage of pay whichever is higher would be more effective imo. That would cover those PMETs as well. If 200 nia, companies wont think twice about hiring a guy they are already paying $5-6K a month

MOM should make a U-turn(no more S-Pass/EP) only one type of Work permnit. All pay the same amount of levey regardless the qualification.
Those earning more sure can afford to pay more eg. Manager pay $4k sure can afford to pay $500 levy/month compare to construction worker levy also $500 but their pay onlt $1k.
Just make it simple only WP(no more S-Pass/EP). All pay same levy.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:
i have decided to invest for the long term in sg. my investments will do the walking besides the talking. :biggrin:

Seems like you do not want to invest in the congestion of the place. Then invest in GLC like SMRT, high profits according to Mdm Saw.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of us do recognize and welcome the benefits of a vibrant cosmopolitan society. Our problems with FTs are three folds:-

1. Lack of foresight in planning for the massive influx leading to fierce competition between locals and FTs for basic amenities, transportation, housing, education, medical facilities, etc
2. Desperate attempt to increase GDP and their own pockets had led to disproportionate policies, benefits and incentives for FTs vs-v-vs citizens (depressed wages, lost of PMET's type
jobs, National Services and education, etc)
3. Failure of social integration at Point of Entry, that it is now a major cause of fiction with the feeling among Singaporeans ... "they came, they saw, they took and left ...".
Meanwhile, they enjoyed our hospitality, security, economic success ... and called us DOGS!

I leave you with this words ... from a very important person down under ....

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It."

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cost of living is going up every year. Fierce competition from jobs by those around the father and the much needed help around the house to fix things that the useless son is unwilling or unable to do force the father to rent out the flat. It's not that they didn't need the income, it's simply the son was too well protected by the father to realize the hush reality of the outside world. Instead of trying to understand and help the father build a better home, the useless son keeps making a nuisance at home causing more problems for the father.

Similarly the globalize world in the last couple of years means companies can easily move out to cheaper better or more suitable locations generating fierce competition around the world for jobs and talent. Of all the developed countries, SG is one of the few who managed to stay ahead, EU and US have been losing both to the likes of China and India. While the raise of the middle class in those 2 countries have generated higher demands for goods and luxury items forcing up prices. SG have always faced a chronic shortage of labor in many areas and at the same time locals refuse to work in many jobs. It is precisely because the country is so well run that many locals do not realize all the problems that the country have had to face.

This father is useless. What kind of father is this? Can't even provide a simple comfortable home for his kids. Instead of bucking up, this father blame his kids for not being understanding. In the first place, this father shouldn't even try to have kids. Your father like that ah? Maybe not, but i know you will be a father like this. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agree with you.

No person in his right mind will rent a room to an outsiders for extra income unless he fears for his and his family's short and long term future. It shows the how the quality has dropped. The ruling elite are in the GCBs while the rest are struggling. I am sure no one is going to proudly annouce that he has a tenant in his own house. But many do it because they are not sure if their job can last.

A father that uses his brains will not rent out his spare rooms to a stranger knowing that it'll only cause many inconveniences to his family members.. The money from the rent may be good but the happiness and privacy for his children will comes first for a father with a common sense..

The PAP is like a father with no brains and is only interested in raking profits at the expense of the privacy and personal happiness of his children..

Very sad isnt it..??? You and the PAP only see one side of the coin..

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one important difference. Singapore is just a larger boat and the smaller boats bring people from all over to climb aboard this boat. Now the boat is getting overloaded. The Captain says we can in some more because they pay good money. What do we do? If we take in anymore, the boat is going to sink.

Hahaha .... let me guess, our full time "Mr Advise or Advice" will claim that we can easily build a bigger boat.
But the fact is we are just a small little red dot. Hong Kong is also jam packed but can Hong Kong increase it's land space easily?

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a difference between availability and the right person for the job. The IT insanitary it's a tight market, always have been. I've been in this line so many years, the one thing that haven't changed is the number of ft in the industry. I was competing with ft for jobs since before locals were complaining about ft. And the thing is, finding an it job is still never difficult simply because there are still more jobs then available workforce. I see many off my peers changing jobs every year yet never had an issue with lack of opportunity. I am sure other jobs are similar. We all know there's a chronic shortage of workers in industry like construction, healthcare, etc

To prove what you think is right, would you dare to quit your current IT job without finding one and try hunting for a new IT post again?
This will give you a real feel of a pinch on how difficult it is to compete with FT on the same job based on the same qualification and experience. Try it out if you dare.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before 1965, SG is owned by the Brits. After 1965, SG is owned by SG Citizens. And it is not in the too distant past the FAP keeps reminding SG Citizens on this and hence the justification of NS and all sorts of sacrifices in the name of nationhood. Why in the short space of a few years have they changed tack and are now trying their best to belittle SG Citizenship and lumping them with foreigners? Simply cos more and more SG Citizens have seen through their ploy to exploit SG Citizens and turning against them! Hence the rush to import foreigners to replace SG Citizens to turn them into a minority, so that they can rule forever. Such is the evil in the FAP from Day 1 that they will do anything and at all costs to keep one family and one party in forever. The FAP is a Traitor Party and would have been overthrown many times over in functional countries. Yet, they can still be voted into power by brainwashed dafties and those who voted against them virtually unrepresented politically through trashing of the Constitution.

Enough is enough. The primary motivation in any living thing is survival and multiplication, and not to be driven into extinction. In any modern country, the rights of a Citizen serve this purpose by ensuring that limited resources essential for livelihood and advancement of the quality of life are allocated only to Citizens. And this is also the reason for the existence of a defence force to ensure that these rights will not be dispossessed by invaders. Yet, the FAP is justifying SG Citizens to surrender away these rights to foreigners - without even a fight. This is ABSURD and TREASON! Only retards would fall into the FAP's ruse.

There is only one solution for SG Citizens and that is the FAP must go before they are being driven into extinction. SG needs a government that is patriotic, not one that is hijacked by evil and greedy Traitors.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To prove what you think is right, would you dare to quit your current IT job without finding one and try hunting for a new IT post again?
This will give you a real feel of a pinch on how difficult it is to compete with FT on the same job based on the same qualification and experience. Try it out if you dare.

I have always tried to give our local countrymen priority for jobs but seeing the post makes me sad. For anyone who thinks like that, they should post their name and NRIC so that IT recruiters will know to give priority to better FTs rather than a useless son when they apply for jobs. This is especially as FTs are better and cheaper as claimed and we should be "fair" to them.

When one disses the useless son, one should not be related to the family, as the useless son moniker applies to one too.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Absolutely agree with you.

No person in his right mind will rent a room to an outsiders for extra income unless he fears for his and his family's short and long term future. It shows the how the quality has dropped. The ruling elite are in the GCBs while the rest are struggling. I am sure no one is going to proudly annouce that he has a tenant in his own house. But many do it because they are not sure if their job can last.

Used to have a neighbour back in Tampines staying in a 5 rm flat.. Wife workin as an executive with a bank, while her husband is a Sales Manager.. They have 4 kids, 3 daughers age ranging from 5 to 14 years old, a 12 yr old son and an Indon maid.. Both husband and wife decided to rent out their children's 2 rooms to FTs from PRC and Pinoy land.. Kids and maid sleep in the living room instead.. Since my mom could speak a bit of Malay, the maid would always complain to my mom about the lack of privacy for her and the kids each time she saw my mom at the market.. So sad that the kids are suffering because of their parent's desire to make more money..:(

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love PRC talent. I am married to one and I treat all my PRC employees as family.

We should import 1.5 million more PRCs over five years and we can prepare now by building infrastructure aggressively

If we do this, our economic prosperity is secure

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Total Fertility Rate is currently at 1.2 (Chinese probably less than 1). For those who are so anti FT, what is your solution to tackle this issue? Please note the Baby Bonus doesnt work effectively as it should be.

Read somewhere that some Anti-FT supporter commenting that they dont mind lower economic growth in return for a less populated land. Do u really agree with this?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Baby bonus is a one off payment. There should be continuous welfare for a family, especially those with two children or more. However, there should be a cap on the amount and both parents should not be high income earners to limit the number of people abusing the system.

terry1965

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real real reason for the low fertility rate are as follows:-
No convenience of neighbourhood childcare centres, or workplace childcare centres, no innovation on location of childcare centres
look at all the mothers and fathers running around sending kids here and there, SO STRESSFUL
why in the western countries they dont need philipino maids, as some companies provide subsidied child care centres at the workplace
No housing, the housing is so expensive, in debt before getting married ? NO HOUSE HOW TO GET MARRIED ?
Need CONNECTIONS TO THE SCHOOL SO KID CAN GO INTO THE BRANDED SCHOOL, SOMETIMES NEED TO CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO SCHOOL TO GET IN
income tax rebate does not work, the real problems are its just too expensive
schooling is so stressfull, look at the number of children and teachers in the IMH
PR / FT given unfair advantage to citizens and able to enter schools as they have the RIGHT CONNECTIONS, AND MONEY POWER

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the issue now is not to discuss about the reasons for low fertility rate. It is a fact of life now. The main point should rather be, without FT/immigrants, how are we going to face the challenges ahead of us?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our Total Fertility Rate is currently at 1.2 (Chinese probably less than 1). For those who are so anti FT, what is your solution to tackle this issue? Please note the Baby Bonus doesnt work effectively as it should be.

Read somewhere that some Anti-FT supporter commenting that they dont mind lower economic growth in return for a less populated land. Do u really agree with this?

your parents didnt need baby bonus to bring you here.

the fault started when old fart said to stop at 2, but see how many he had.

the slide went on when a group of man chose to deposit their cream in their partner's ass instead of their intended destination, and a group of woman who'd rather enjoy a strap on than the real thing.

this fertility rate BS to justify the uncontrolled influx of trash is just bullshit.

Talent we need, trash we don't. unfortunately, we're getting the bulk of the latter.