• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to cut..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i choose to agree with him ; cos even my nephew of age 22 is aLready baLding !
:eek:
Why & What have happened to the pate's of our younger Ones ?
:confused:
:cool:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to c

Maybe your barner should re-invent his trade, there is one spot of the human body that rarely see sunlight, and that is where luxurious 'grass' grow. Barber should do "grass" trimming or removal or even be creative, trim the "grass" to make patterns or shapes.:biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My Longtime barber say he's cLosing shop; cos our Gen Y's have no more hairs to c

Young generation dont go barber shop. They will laugh by their peer no class.
Worst to worst go for $10 cut.
Many Y gen will color their hair barber and $10 shop dont provide such service.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

share you my avatar :smile: ai mai ?

i miss him :smile:

callmebad

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL ! No hair to cut?!
our body grows hair everywhere
maybe the barber can choose to cut somewhere, not necessary the head:p

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since no more hair, How about the idea of a pubic hair saloon?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

WhiLe i weLcome aLL Ah Hia's inputs ; but what befuddLes me is, why Our Ah Kong's & Ah Pa's have headfuLL of hairs; but coming down the Lineage ; our hairs' are thinning ? ~..

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nowadays cut hair very cheap. many neighborhood salons are charging just $3-5 for a cut ( male/female ).

middaygod

Alfrescian
Loyal

WhiLe i weLcome aLL Ah Hia's inputs ; but what befuddLes me is, why Our Ah Kong's & Ah Pa's have headfuLL of hairs; but coming down the Lineage ; our hairs' are thinning ? ~..

Global warming ... :(

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

nowadays cut hair very cheap. many neighborhood salons are charging just $3-5 for a cut ( male/female ).

Parkway Market CentraL @$1 per head ; wonder how these shops survive ?~..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The key word is salon. They're not barber shops. Sometimes we just want to go to a real barber shop - a man's sanctuary offering men's haircuts and a shave instead of a poor man's version of a Jean Yip unisex salon.

Those cheap (less than $5) haircut joints make their money from the female customers doing perming, hair coloring. The quality of the haircut is not guaranteed, and service is usually lousy or mediocre. Just like other franchise shops, you won't get the same barber who clearly understands what you want. The person who cuts your hair at these 'fast food haircut shops' is usually a minimum wage, 12-hour shift jiuhu kia or PRC auntie.

They are destroying the business of traditional barber shops.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Students go instant $10 cuts.
Working class go salons.
Teeko uncles go mei taiwan.
No one visits barber anymore.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I haven't visited a salon or barbershop for more than a year now. I let my hair grow naturally and tie a ponytail. I shave my stubbles and trim my sideburns myself.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Haven't had a local haircut for 10+ years. I usually get a haircut when I'm away in Indonesia , Malaysia or LOS where it's more convenient.
I used to go to a popular Malay place at race course. Was in the area recently & found out that some of them have passed away, retired,...the place has now downsized & didn't see a queue like in the old, old days. The days of the Malay barbers are numbered.