• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chee's application for travel to speak at Oslo Freedom Forum rejected

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 李敖解释为什么说新加坡人笨

Now that is a good analysis.

Can Singapore ever get sanctions or no-fly zones?

I feel so blessed to live in a country without sanctions and no-fly zones, just like Tanzania and Botswana. MPs deserve every penny of their million-dollar salaries. Without the PAP, Singapore would have become just another Burma or Cuba with economic sanctions or no-fly zones. Majulah PAP! :rolleyes:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Beg To Differ

I feel so blessed to live in a country without sanctions and no-fly zones, just like Tanzania and Botswana. MPs deserve every penny of their million-dollar salaries. Without the PAP, Singapore would have become just another Burma or Cuba with economic sanctions or no-fly zones. Majulah PAP! :rolleyes:

Sorry hor, I beg to differ.

1. Korea is like a cup cake BUT Sinkiesland is a sesame seed. At least, you can still divide a Korea into two parts properly. Sinkiesland has no such luxury. So, I'm sad that many have to squeeze themselves in small cubicles. Swiss living or hell living ?
  2. Before Lee could get people to agree on his million dollars paychecks (visible mode), he was already helping himself (invisible mode) when he was elected into the parliament few decades ago.
  3. Without PAP, we will be many time blessed. We can't be that dumb to lose freedom (to ext threats) for the sake of freedom (NS; to int threats); or we should lose more money, to gain more money (higher GDP excuses).

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I Beg To Differ

I'm not anti-PAP. I'm not for the collapse of PAP. PAP is the first and still the only party capable of forming and running government in Singapore. Without it, it's going to be anarchy. What I'm for is a second party capable of forming and running government. Then shall Singapore have a checked and balanced democracy.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP = Decaying Tooth

I'm not anti-PAP. I'm not for the collapse of PAP. PAP is the first and still the only party capable of forming and running government in Singapore. Without it, it's going to be anarchy. What I'm for is a second party capable of forming and running government. Then shall Singapore have a checked and balanced democracy.

PAP is no more an asset because it fast becoming a bigger liability to feed. It's better that a next group of better players to replace them for the next 20 or even 30 years to come. When a CEO sux big time, he need to step down. Why ? One, he has already run out of ideas. Two, his mentality was totally dislocated with the current situation. Three, new blood, new gen has new ideas. Four, old dogs are harder to train, and their stubbornness is the company's or group's greatest threat to survival.

Matt 9:17 : Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

In the famous period drama, "Towards The Republic" ...

孙中山:新酒不能放在旧瓶子里。

41Xy5eslaiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP = Decaying Tooth

PAP is no more an asset because it fast becoming a bigger liability to feed. It's better that a next group of better players to replace them for the next 20 or even 30 years to come. When a CEO sux big time, he need to step down. Why ? One, he has already run out of ideas. Two, his mentality was totally dislocated with the current situation. Three, new blood, new gen has new ideas. Four, old dogs are harder to train, and their stubbornness is the company's or group's greatest threat to survival.

So I can't see what's your contention here. There must be a second party capable of forming and running government first, right? No?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is the first and still the only party capable of forming and running government in Singapore.

The frequency of train breakdowns, stagnation in purchasing power, 30-year mortgages, the perpetual increases in CPF minimum sum are just some of the things that stand contrary to your specious claim.

Without it, it's going to be anarchy.

Anarchy? You mean like in First World Belgium circa 2010, 2011? There's no equivalent of an one-party dominance as that of PAP in countries such as Norway, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands - all of which are countries with greater civil liberties, social development and higher GDP than Sinkieland. That's what I call functional anarchy, a system where every individual fights for his own rights as opposed to surrendering to some self-proclaimed "benevolent dictatorship" just to attain a warped sense of security. Welcome to Singapore: the cleanest, most secure and technologically advanced prison in the world. :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The frequency of train breakdowns, stagnation in purchasing power, 30-year mortgages, the perpetual increases in CPF minimum sum are just some of the things that stand contrary to your specious claim.

So what do you suggest? Free housing and free retirement?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what do you suggest? Free housing and free retirement?

How typically Singaporean - intellectually lazy and incapable of processing nuances and subtleties; if it isn't black, it must be white :rolleyes: Virtually all the problems blighting Sinkieland today can be traced to the unjustified monopoly that the PAPpies hold. You want a change for the good? You can start by ditching the first-past-the-post system and replacing it with proportional representation. I've more concrete plans to improve the current sorry state of affairs but I'm not a politician nor a citizen of a direct democracy, so why should I bother?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee is the biggest loser of all and no not worthy to be called a freedom fighter. He's never able to get a UN resolution condemning Singapore, No-Fly Zones or a Operation Singapore Freedom a la Iraq. Still he thinks he is Ganhdi, Mandela or Aung San.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can wait until the cow fly home. My belief is this - while waiting for a tiger to counter a lion, get a least some monkey to keep PAP awake. Don't wait until you are full devoured by the lion to act, it will be too late.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can wait until the cow fly home. My belief is this - while waiting for a tiger to counter a lion, get a least some monkey to keep PAP awake. Don't wait until you are full devoured by the lion to act, it will be too late.

The lion will laugh at the monkey and eat it for snack. At least get a leopard before finding a tiger.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The lion will laugh at the monkey and eat it for snack. At least get a leopard before finding a tiger.

Not if there are too many monkey, don't just get one. One pulling its hair, one sitting on top of its back, one pulling the tails and poke the lion's ass....and others threw shit on its face..... I guarantee the lion will surrender before the tiger arrive.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 李敖解释为什么说新加坡人笨

I really miss your Clinton666 persona.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not if there are too many monkey, don't just get one. One pulling its hair, one sitting on top of its back, one pulling the tails and poke the lion's ass....and others threw shit on its face..... I guarantee the lion will surrender before the tiger arrive.

It's the same as police job as an analogy. One roar and all will run. The lion needs only to catch one for snacking. One policeman drawing out his revolver against a group of criminals and all will run, because nobody knows who's going to get shot. The policeman needs to catch only one and interrogate him where the rest are.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say again, unless Chee brings international condemnation of SG's human rights atrocities and gets a UN or Western no-fly zone or unilateral invasion (Iraq, South America during the Cold War) then he is useless.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's natural for OA to reject CSJ application to go abroad. CSJ status and profile would naturally qualify him for political asylum abroad in many countries and he can also use the opportunity abroad to transit to any of those countries he choose instead of returning to Singapore. That PAP fears CSJ is the joke of the century. If PAP fears CSJ (average percentage of votes at 25%), PAP should have let him go and stop him from coming back, e.g. FS and TLH.

CSJ will never seek political asylum. He loses his 'value' to his paymaster the moment he is out of S'pore for good.