• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
coincidentally, i did make a check yesterday

the rm18 plan revised up to rm20 data but 1Gb revised down to 250mb?

rm28 plan revised up to rm30, but data increased from 1Gb to 1.5Gb

all valid for 30days but need to pay rm8 for the simcard.

(refer to data part only.)

after expiry, given 2 months to top up.

do not know what the coverage is like????? suspect mainly for city and town users.

Coverage is okay at Bukit indah area. I have used the Rm18 plan before, now using the Rm28 plan with 1Gb. From the umobile website, the new Rm30 plan free 30 mins is for calling umobile users only. Not free for calling all network, which is the case for the old Rm18 and Rm28 plan.

https://www.u.com.my/umi

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

hi all members,

would like to seek advice from all, regards to sell or hold my unit in JB, Sky Peak?

presently jobless and not easy to get job due to health and age, but have rental income from my old flat in sg about S$1.3K.

coming July will get my key for the unit.
i am in consideration to sell or hold as this unit is for future retirement.

it will be a little burden, the cost incur
• monthly sinking fund, as i don't stay in the unit
• installment
• others (wonder any more, just to include if i can't sell, need to pay for total sums from rental in Sg)

wonder what are the range :
• present market selling price for 3 rooms in Tropika ?
• rental in tropika ? (who are the potential tenants, foreigners from other countries work in JB?)
• sinking fund ? (tenant pay for it if rented ?)
• simple renovation cost (if to rent out)
• any utility fee (even if i don't stay in )
• others ?

new regulations for foreigners to buy property in Malaysia is RM1 mil.
• can i sell to foreigners below RM 1 mil. before getting key ?
• will local consider Setia Tropika, as there are many choices in the market now.
• What are the penalty from bank?

i am confuse, hopefully will hear good advices from all.

appreciate.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I signed up for the Singtel add on too. S$5 for 200mb per mth. Good for weekend use. When not enough, will buy hotlink 7 days data plan. Using two sim-cards phone, so very convenient.... Data can come from singtel or hotlink.

I had that but still could not use it when in JB, dunno why so I cancelled it...

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selected for tax audit for assessment year 2013. Need to submit documents ( tenency agreement, all claims receipts..etc) for year ending dec 2013. Luckily i kept all the receipts.

Just a reminder to keep/file all your documents...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

hi all members,

would like to seek advice from all, regards to sell or hold my unit in JB, Sky Peak?

presently jobless and not easy to get job due to health and age, but have rental income from my old flat in sg about S$1.3K.

coming July will get my key for the unit.
i am in consideration to sell or hold as this unit is for future retirement.

it will be a little burden, the cost incur
• monthly sinking fund, as i don't stay in the unit
• installment
• others (wonder any more, just to include if i can't sell, need to pay for total sums from rental in Sg)

wonder what are the range :
• present market selling price for 3 rooms in Tropika ?
• rental in tropika ? (who are the potential tenants, foreigners from other countries work in JB?)
• sinking fund ? (tenant pay for it if rented ?)
• simple renovation cost (if to rent out)
• any utility fee (even if i don't stay in )
• others ?

new regulations for foreigners to buy property in Malaysia is RM1 mil.
• can i sell to foreigners below RM 1 mil. before getting key ?
• will local consider Setia Tropika, as there are many choices in the market now.
• What are the penalty from bank?

i am confuse, hopefully will hear good advices from all.

appreciate.

Good to get a job first. Those from S$1-2k a month are plenty. Rent out a room if possible.

Selling JB property may be tougher now. To rent it out you will incur more cost upfront.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal

penalty from bank - need to check your loan documents. i have 3 yrs, 5 yrs lock in periods. also, could be x% on loan amt or x% on outstanding amt.

Good to get a job first. Those from S$1-2k a month are plenty. Rent out a room if possible.

Selling JB property may be tougher now. To rent it out you will incur more cost upfront.

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi thank you for reply, appreciate.

Could You tell me what are the costs as upfront?
Reno coat?

Thanks again

jayeho

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi thank you for your info, appreciate.

I don't think I have lock in periods, as bank pay for it first, till the completion of condo.

It is like once I get key, and start pay installment.

Am I right to say that? First time get bank load, all the regulations seems aliens to me.

penalty from bank - need to check your loan documents. i have 3 yrs, 5 yrs lock in periods. also, could be x% on loan amt or x% on outstanding amt.

Dinarissa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello

Any trustworthy part time maids for hiring in JB? What is the standard market rate?

Thanks for any help rendered!

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello

Any trustworthy part time maids for hiring in JB? What is the standard market rate?

Thanks for any help rendered!

hi, i am a newbie too! Which area you are staying now?

Despera

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I would like to ask what is the best and least cost way to pay the first 20% deposit of the property purchased in JB? I suppose cash but it will be very risky to carry more than RM50k across the border, whether by bus or driving there.

Bank Transfer - what are the fees?
Local Money Changer - do they have such facility?
Western Union - what are the fees?
Cashier's Order - Possible for overseas encashment?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I would like to ask what is the best and least cost way to pay the first 20% deposit of the property purchased in JB? I suppose cash but it will be very risky to carry more than RM50k across the border, whether by bus or driving there.

TT to developer's account. Get receipts from TT agent upon handing over cheque and successful TT.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

If you have secured a 80% loan, your developer will request you to remit to them direct for the first 20%. For this, you can either go to bank or Money Changer to remit. Bank fees are normally charged at 1/8%, with min and max amount chargeable depends on each bank. Some Money Changers do not charge fees if your remitted amount exceeds certain amount.

For your future remittances, if you are not a Malaysian, you are limited to a RM10K daily to your Savings Account if you remit thru Money Changer. I realized recently that there is no limit for foreigners to remit funds to their Loan Account thru Money Changer.

If I am not wrong, Cashier's Orders are in SGD while Demand Draft will be in foreign currency. Either one, it will take longer time to clear the banker's cheque when deposit. For encashment, I do not think any developer is willing to go to the specific branch which is able to verify signature of the cheque. Hope this help.

Last edited:

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any websites for owners to advertise their jb property for free/small fees?
Currently using rm50 banner but only get calls from neighbour checking market price.