• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO to purchasing properties under buddies/relatives' name. Look at what your max budget is, and plan accordingly. Focus on locations with gd amenities/transport as these properties will always be in demand. Good luck.

I agree. I had a SG colleague who purchased under relative name who is Bumi. This relative made a u-turn and now want to charge $ to allow my colleague to move in failing which they will take it as theirs. My volleague ant do much abt it cos its technically not under their name. Hei if relative with blood relation can do this what more if it is only just close friend. Am not saying ur fren cannot be trusted but $ can transform angel to devil. Best is go by the right way. You wont burden your fren too.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. I had a SG colleague who purchased under relative name who is Bumi. This relative made a u-turn and now want to charge $ to allow my colleague to move in failing which they will take it as theirs. My volleague ant do much abt it cos its technically not under their name. Hei if relative with blood relation can do this what more if it is only just close friend. Am not saying ur fren cannot be trusted but $ can transform angel to devil. Best is go by the right way. You wont burden your fren too.

Buy under your own name is best, can sleep better also.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, may I know how much does it cost to engage a mover to move things from Sg to JB? Any recommendations? Still tempted to move to my Austin Heights house and rent out Sg terrace which is very rentable...have tenants coming to view already...

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renting out your SG terrace is probably the easiest to do and least of your worries. The hard part is adapting to LIVING in Johor and your kids schooling there. Have you even stayed at Austin Hts and gotten use to living there? Try commuting in and out for a week, then evaluate if you wanna do it permanently...

Hi, may I know how much does it cost to engage a mover to move things from Sg to JB? Any recommendations? Still tempted to move to my Austin Heights house and rent out Sg terrace which is very rentable...have tenants coming to view already...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do u guys have any recommendations for fire insurance? Where should I buy from?

Have tenant coming to view the Austin Heights semid today, hopefully can rent it out soon...this is just 2 days after my agents come to view the house, hmm, did not expect the quick response...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have used CHL movers, there are pros and cons in terms of standard of service but price wise quite reasonable.Please PM me if you want more info.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. Wish to hear opinions from those who have rented out their units.

Consider these 3 condos

1. D Ambience (Jalan Permas) - IJM Land - Freehold
2. M Condo (Larkin) - MB Group - leasehold
3. Meridin Bayvue (Sierra Perdana) - Mah Sing Group - Freehold
4. The Aliff (Tampoi) - MB Group - Leasehold

Which is the easiest to rent out? Why?

Is Freehold necessarily better than leasehold? And why?

Thanks.

Last edited:

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
May i know is there any post office at JB central?

Can i pay my property tax and water bill at post office?

TIA...

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
May i know is there any post office at JB central?

Can i pay my property tax and water bill at post office?

TIA...

You can find post offices at most if not all Aeon, Giant and Tesco malls. Open on alternate Sats till 1230 I think.

Yes, you can pay property tax electric and water bills at these post offices.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can find post offices at most if not all Aeon, Giant and Tesco malls. Open on alternate Sats till 1230 I think.

Yes, you can pay property tax electric and water bills at these post offices.

Looks like theres no post office at JB central.

Nearest to my precinct is Jusco bt indah.

Tks bro.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx for yr reply but just found out post office open on sunday 10am to 5pm in jusco tebrau so will prob pay there as nearer...

If u in town as in near City Square quite a few choices. UTC at Galleria Kotaraya is one stop centre for ALL payments. Paid all my taxes, utilities and other msian bills there. Open everyday till night. Then there is the General Post Office near HSBC and OCBC.