• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows if can use UOB internet banking to pay TNB and SAJ bills? Is it compulsory to apply for malaysia credit card? Can everything be settled without going to JB? Can they post the bills to our Sg address?

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows if can use UOB internet banking to pay TNB and SAJ bills? Is it compulsory to apply for malaysia credit card? Can everything be settled without going to JB? Can they post the bills to our Sg address?

hi, u can register online for ebills to be emailed to u. TNB (https://e-services.tnb.com.my/eservices). SAJ (http://ebilling.saj.com.my/Login.aspx).
u can open an account with cimb singapore at raffles place. at the same time, request them to assist in opening a saving account with cimb malaysia with online banking service. u will need to be in cimb malaysia branch once approved. once u have that, u can use cimb online bank to pay for those bills.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, u can register online for ebills to be emailed to u. TNB (https://e-services.tnb.com.my/eservices). SAJ (http://ebilling.saj.com.my/Login.aspx).
u can open an account with cimb singapore at raffles place. at the same time, request them to assist in opening a saving account with cimb malaysia with online banking service. u will need to be in cimb malaysia branch once approved. once u have that, u can use cimb online bank to pay for those bills.

Thanks for your helpful info....but hoping to stick to UOB....will explore your option if cannot pay bill by UOB....

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Captainjones, may I know if there are any charges if we pay by CIMB online? Found out that SAJ does not accept UOB and Maybank has a service charge...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just called CIMB Malaysia. They say SAJ temporarily taken off, asked them several times if it is temporary, the CSO said yes...also said I do not have to apply to open CIMB Singapore account.

Actually you should just go any CIMB branch in JB personally and open a savings account.
Bring along your passport, RM2,000 cash and they will issue you a debit card to use in Malaysia.
Same time at the branch, request for internet banking and they will assist you on the spot but please have with your user ID and password ready.
Opening a SG CIMB acct is optional but it allows you to transfer money to your MY account anytime you need to top up while in SG and there is no interbank TT charge.
With the CIMB MY acct, you can pay all your bills anytime in SG via internet banking.
Request for e-statement otherwise you'll be charged every month for the hard copy statement.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually you should just go any CIMB branch in JB personally and open a savings account.
Bring along your passport, RM2,000 cash and they will issue you a debit card to use in Malaysia.
Same time at the branch, request for internet banking and they will assist you on the spot but please have with your user ID and password ready.
Opening a SG CIMB acct is optional but it allows you to transfer money to your MY account anytime you need to top up while in SG and there is no interbank TT charge.
With the CIMB MY acct, you can pay all your bills anytime in SG via internet banking.
Request for e-statement otherwise you'll be charged every month for the hard copy statement.

Ok, thx for the tips...will take note...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOB Malaysia replied to my email query that I can pay SAJ bills through their internet banking. Then I found out it is on their website that I can pay both TNB and SAJ bills through them without a credit card since I have an account with them...Downloaded their application form for internet banking...will likely use UOB since I already have a Sg and My account with them...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know if my family stays in JB, can we employ a fulltime maid without MM2H and are we even allowed to stay longterm and my sons study in international school without MM2H?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Does anyone know if my family stays in JB, can we employ a fulltime maid without MM2H and are we even allowed to stay longterm and my sons study in international school without MM2H?

Hi Freedom, you can through maid agencies when they rent their maids to you on a monthly basis. You can stay long term and do passport runs to the nearest check points or apply for VISAs relevant to your stay.
No issues with studying in international schools locally. Just apply for the relevant VISAs as required.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
UOB Malaysia replied to my email query that I can pay SAJ bills through their internet banking. Then I found out it is on their website that I can pay both TNB and SAJ bills through them without a credit card since I have an account with them...Downloaded their application form for internet banking...will likely use UOB since I already have a Sg and My account with them...

Yes, Maybank can do that as well and alot of bills too i might add. When you are in town, you can just go to the POS office to pay.
I would strongly recommend to enroll yourself into myeg.my and add yourself for traffic alerts. That way (touch wood) when you get
a traffic fine, it will alert you. Paying early within the timeframe (150 RM) rather than later means you do not have to pay the full 300 RM.

You can use it to renew insurance and also pay road tax too.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi for the quick reply...maid agency there rent there maids mthly? Then will I get a different maid mthly? Can Ibring my Sg maid in and she do the passport thing like us?

Despera

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an intention which I would like to seek the opinions of all. I am a foreigner and I am interested to purchase a One-Bedder or Two-Bedder unit in D'Summit Serviced Residence. I am thinking of the following options:

Option 1 - One-Bedder
After discounts and rebates, the 527 sq ft unit will cost about RM320k. I am thinking of purchasing this unit under my buddy's (Malaysian Citizen & SPR) name. Intend to ask my buddy to take a 60% loan for 15-20 years.

Option 2 - Two-Bedder
After discounts and rebates, the 980 sq ft unit will cost about RM450k, and I can purchase it under my name. The Developer said since they gotten the approval prior to 1 May 2014, I can still purchase a unit above RM500k from them at before discount price. Discounts and rebates are given to me after the purchase so I am not affected by the above RM500k rule.

I intend to purchase a unit in JB for my own stay, not for investment purpose. Of course, if price fluctuates a lot and if there is a keen buyer, I do not rule out this option but I can do away selling the unit. The unit will be used for my weekend getaway from Singapore and my loft when I retire or not working to escape the high cost of living in Singapore. I am more for Option 1 if it is viable, and I am seeking advice what are the possible danger on this? Actually, I trust my buddy more than the Malaysia's policies. If they can increase toll fees by 400%-500%, they can do anything to foreigners owning a property in JB, for example, increasing property tax for foreigners by 500%, unit can only be sold to foreigner, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance to all inputs.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an intention which I would like to seek the opinions of all. I am a foreigner and I am interested to purchase a One-Bedder or Two-Bedder unit in D'Summit Serviced Residence. I am thinking of the following options:

Option 1 - One-Bedder
After discounts and rebates, the 527 sq ft unit will cost about RM320k. I am thinking of purchasing this unit under my buddy's (Malaysian Citizen & SPR) name. Intend to ask my buddy to take a 60% loan for 15-20 years.

Option 2 - Two-Bedder
After discounts and rebates, the 980 sq ft unit will cost about RM450k, and I can purchase it under my name. The Developer said since they gotten the approval prior to 1 May 2014, I can still purchase a unit above RM500k from them at before discount price. Discounts and rebates are given to me after the purchase so I am not affected by the above RM500k rule.

I intend to purchase a unit in JB for my own stay, not for investment purpose. Of course, if price fluctuates a lot and if there is a keen buyer, I do not rule out this option but I can do away selling the unit. The unit will be used for my weekend getaway from Singapore and my loft when I retire or not working to escape the high cost of living in Singapore. I am more for Option 1 if it is viable, and I am seeking advice what are the possible danger on this? Actually, I trust my buddy more than the Malaysia's policies. If they can increase toll fees by 400%-500%, they can do anything to foreigners owning a property in JB, for example, increasing property tax for foreigners by 500%, unit can only be sold to foreigner, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance to all inputs.

NO to purchasing properties under buddies/relatives' name. Look at what your max budget is, and plan accordingly. Focus on locations with gd amenities/transport as these properties will always be in demand. Good luck.