• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using windows 7, I bought the notebook when Win 7 first came out, so no service pack. But when i surf, there's always a pop up telling me to upgrade my browser. When I click upgrade to a newer browser like explorer X, it says my notebook cannot upgrade. Anyone tried Chrome or Firefox, care to share whether u recommend it, pros and cons, etc. Tks

I am using Windows 7 and Google Chrome. What I find is everytime there's a update from MSN, the Google Chrome does not work. Therefore everytime I do an update or there's an automatic installation when the notebook reboots, I reinstall the Google Chrome after that. Hope this helps.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using Windows 7 and Google Chrome. What I find is everytime there's a update from MSN, the Google Chrome does not work. Therefore everytime I do an update or there's an automatic installation when the notebook reboots, I reinstall the Google Chrome after that. Hope this helps.

Thanks ....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using windows 7, I bought the notebook when Win 7 first came out, so no service pack. But when i surf, there's always a pop up telling me to upgrade my browser. When I click upgrade to a newer browser like explorer X, it says my notebook cannot upgrade. Anyone tried Chrome or Firefox, care to share whether u recommend it, pros and cons, etc. Tks

I was using Chrome on Win Vista and no problem. Chrome is fast and good, when I switched to Win 8 recently, was very easy to access the book marks on the old computer too via google account.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was using Chrome on Win Vista and no problem. Chrome is fast and good, when I switched to Win 8 recently, was very easy to access the book marks on the old computer too via google account.
Dont use windows browser as always sucks ,i use firefox n chrome very fast n good ,though need to update every month to keep it fast.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Google map is not bad,just type address and search can already

Hi, my close friend is thinking of bringing in her own maid when she moves to JB. Meaning she will source the maid herself. Is it possible to do the paper work oneself or does anyone know of an agency in JB that can help?My friend is a Malaysian so there should be no problem about eligibility.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a silly question.... Didn't cross my mind until I start clearing my drawers today...

I bought my house directly from the developer... It is normal that I only have the original S&P, and not the land title? The land title will only be given to me upon full payment of the loan?

Thanks in advance...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a silly question.... Didn't cross my mind until I start clearing my drawers today...

I bought my house directly from the developer... It is normal that I only have the original S&P, and not the land title? The land title will only be given to me upon full payment of the loan?

Thanks in advance...

Is with e bank, yr hse is belongs to them. :biggrin:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks in advance...

I only have the original S&P as mine is still under loan. I read that land title needs a lawyer to assist to transfer to you eventually after you have cleared your loan.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I have a question and hope the forummers here can help. I signed my S&P in July 2013 and am buying resale from a local at RM$950k. I have yet to receive my State consent and am wondering will consent be given in view of the new rules. Do they look at S&P date in which case consent can be given or date of obtaining the consent?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
State consent comes 1st, then s&p.
Actually, both are two different entities. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I don't understand. I had to sign the S&P before submitting for state consent. Just wondering whether I will be affected by the new rules and if i will be able to get the consent.

Hopefully, they can process yr application b4 e date line, think is in april or may. Cant recall e exact.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I don't understand. I had to sign the S&P before submitting for state consent. Just wondering whether I will be affected by the new rules and if i will be able to get the consent.

You might have mixed up SPA, which is 5 thick booklets that require signature on every page, with booking form. Correct order is below.

1. Sign intent to purchase/Booking form with booking fee (you could be at this stage only)
2. State Consent (this could take about 1-2 months from time of submission by lawyer)
3. 20% downpayment immediately follow by Sales and Purchase Agreement
4. Loan Agreement

Resale could take about 6 months to complete. Mine direct from developers took about 3 months.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

No firm date, going by recent confusion. Likely for government to postpone this rule indefinitely, if Q1 2014 sales is dismal. Their government-linked developers and state revenues from property were badly hit in Q4 2013.