• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just buy directly from developer, and you will save a lot of trouble.

Consent Levy applicable if you are not Malaysian. (RM11,000)

sorry bros. me really noob. so got alot of queries. hopefully someone can help.

1. do i need to engage agent fee i have to pay if buy freehold in jb?
2. are there any intangible fees i need to look out besides the selling price.
3. is it better to engage a agent to help me out?

any reliable agent here can help?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are normally not linked unless the bank specifically has branches at both sides

Yes, v unlikely to be linked. When I bought SG property, to be on the safe side, I put in the Malaysian purchase under 'residential loan servicing' in the bank application form, and was told to take that out by the banker.....haha

Last edited:

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will it considered as 2nd loan if you buy Sg property next time?

I think if one takes the loan from Singapore Maybank for Malaysia property . The bank will put the loan taken into our Singapore CBS system . So when one wants to buy Sjngapore property, one will be affected by the loan margin and percentage of cash to use for purchase .

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Speculators and Settlers

I was forwarded a column on Singaporeans Living in Johor which I read with interest, because I have been here for nearly six years. Unfortunately, comments were closed, so since I had already written a response, I’m sharing it with you. I did not address some speculative remarks concerning Malaysian politics..

The Singaporeans who come over are of all sorts: some are those who are speculating on property prices going up – which they have, quite astonishingly in the last three years; those who simply ran out of money and options as the cost of rented property and living costs chased them out even though their only passport is Singaporean; those who find the pace of living unbearable for whatever reasons and came over to be able to spend at least the weekends and holidays in quiet & green; while determined others face two often grim crossings into Singapore daily for work– and these include parents with school-going children also shuttling.

We moved mainly because of the cost of housing and the cost of living, and found ourselves (I’m now 62) almost back in the ‘50s and ‘60s in terms of the gentler pace, friendliness and courtesy, greenery and space. It was a wise decision for us, middle-class semi-retirees, who plan to live out our years here. We are not the only ones - if you could but see the many nationalities happily coming in in pretty large numbers, appreciating the many benefits of living here.

True, we are guests in this country, for which reason we are happy to be polite and mindful of being in a different culture, however familiar it may seem to us. Not so with many Singaporeans who can be abrasive, rude and with an arrogance that is, to say the least, depressing – in the almost compulsive littering, spitting and loud behaviour. And it is often the serving staff - not having the benefit of long training and no say in the product served - who have to bear the brunt of haughtily delivered complaints for the less-than-perfect meal or service.

Because Johor is the state closest to Singapore, it has become incredibly expensive for Malaysians. While we may think things are half the price of what we have to pay in Singapore, Malaysians in other states are sorry for Johorians bearing the already high and rising costs in JB. It is the price of inviting foreigners to move into and invest in their country.

While we Singaporeans may complain that there are we face this and that additional tax for property purchases and such, it is their country. Don’t you think it is laudable that Malaysia should continue to provide affordable housing to their citizens? And that they try to differentiate between the rights and privileges of their citizens and those of foreigners who are already benefitting by being allowed to live here on comparatively easy terms?

We should not be discussing and commenting on the country’s politics as we are guests. And it is quite painful to hear odious comparisons being made between the two countries. In time we could be appreciated for the contributions we can make in our own way - but in the meanwhile, some discretion?

As far as I am informed, Senai does not intend to compete with Changi. There is no need to, surely? But we who live here are really hopeful of at least an expansion of flights to regional destinations like Bali, Jakarta, Manila and Bangkok.

Certainly adjustments have to be made. Some friends are committed City People, so living here is too ulu for them. But minus traffic jams we are 45 minutes to Raffles Place, SGH, concerts and movies and an hour away from Changi airport.

Yes, we are vigilant about snatch thieves … less of a problem in Nusajaya. Take a trip over and see for yourself.
Denyse
www.puterim.com

jerms

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone,

i have been reading quite a few pages on this thread and i was wondering how doesnt the purchase and bank loan work for a Singaporean buying malaysian property.

i read that we can loan up to 80% of the purchase price?

which means we have to get ready cash for the other 20% yes? how is this payment splitted then? 5% for downpayment? and the rest once loan approve?

thanks for helping.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a need for home owners to pay certain tax to Malaysian government if the property is sold before 5years?(i am not confused with SG property) just that i have heard it somewhere and couldnt recall..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
While we Singaporeans may complain that there are we face this and that additional tax for property purchases and such, it is their country. Don’t you think it is laudable that Malaysia should continue to provide affordable housing to their citizens? And that they try to differentiate between the rights and privileges of their citizens and those of foreigners who are already benefitting by being allowed to live here on comparatively easy terms?

We should not be discussing and commenting on the country’s politics as we are guests. And it is quite painful to hear odious comparisons being made between the two countries. In time we could be appreciated for the contributions we can make in our own way - but in the meanwhile, some discretion?

Careful, this part that you wrote - highlighted in red - is already discussing and commenting on Malaysia's politics.

You may think that Malaysia govt has done a laudable job to provide affordable housing that differentiate citizens and foreigners, Malaysians who blame the rising house price on foreigners may not think their govt has done enough. Btw I absolutely agree with you that Msia govt has done a great job on this!

Also, this is newbie question thread, for further discussion on this topic, please post in the politics thread.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.nbc.com.my/blog/budget-2013-higher-real-property-gain-tax-rates/

Budget 2013: Higher Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT) Rates

For property disposed after 5 years from the date of acquisition, RPGT is not applicable.

Disposal: New RPGT rates
within 2 yrs 15%
btwn 2-5 yrs 10%
after 5 yrs 0%

The RPGT rates increase is applicable to disposal of property taking place on or after 1 January 2013.

there is a need for home owners to pay certain tax to Malaysian government if the property is sold before 5years?(i am not confused with SG property) just that i have heard it somewhere and couldnt recall..

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was quoted ard $5k+ RM for curtains for a double storey cluster house abt 3000 sqft. Two tracks a one layer for block sun e other layer translucent for partial blocking. Is this expensive?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was quoted ard $5k+ RM for curtains for a double storey cluster house abt 3000 sqft. Two tracks a one layer for block sun e other layer translucent for partial blocking. Is this expensive?

I got a reply from a neighbour at another forum that it is around this price for good quality curtains. I will just go ahead to order. Cheers.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a reply from a neighbour at another forum that it is around this price for good quality curtains. I will just go ahead to order. Cheers.

Actually curtains beri easy to DIY one.. it'll save you ^$$^. (Not pouring icey water on you..) titter.gif

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
easy meh , come n help me to do .....

u bo observe all measure nice nice oredi and just drill holes nai mei.., plentong giant (ground flr), near (johor jaya)there got sell curtains lei, but dun know whether 合您的味口 or not..titter.gif

Better put plentong giant..scare later u got lost..

Last edited: