• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

Haha. Uncle, u r still rich ... No no, perhaps the right word is "richer", because of your wise move 2 years ago :smile: now just enjoy the fruits, uncle :smile:

How I wish its true. But I did not accept their offer...to avoid any future misunderstanding with regards to their name as "ownership". The said property was at Perak. Not JB.

Now i see the prices of JB houses not cheap leow...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see. Where in perak? I know abit of perak. Is it ipoh? For semi-d, was that at tiger lane, or nearby the airport?

But 2 years back, the threshold was only 250k right? I presumed the semi-d would definitely cost more than 250k, what hindered u from getting under your name?

Ipoh is getting expensive too. And they don't have influx of sinkies like Johor. I have done some researches in Ipoh. I will visit them one day just for my curiosity and knowledge :smile:

How I wish its true. But I did not accept their offer...to avoid any future misunderstanding with regards to their name as "ownership". The said property was at Perak. Not JB.

Now i see the prices of JB houses not cheap leow...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see. Where in perak? I know abit of perak. Is it ipoh? For semi-d, was that at tiger lane, or nearby the airport?

But 2 years back, the threshold was only 250k right? I presumed the semi-d would definitely cost more than 250k, what hindered u from getting under your name?

Ipoh is getting expensive too. And they don't have influx of sinkies like Johor. I have done some researches in Ipoh. I will visit them one day just for my curiosity and knowledge :smile:

I cant really recall the place. But my wife relatives staying nearby the Sultan mosque of Perak. I wasnt that close to them anyway. And furthermore its so far fm Spore. I rather buy one at JB or Malacca.

I cant put my name as the owner. It has to be their name. And they told me in near future can ask lawyer to trsf title deed to me as ownership. But i have my reservation and i politely turned down the offer.

Not only properties in Ipoh, Practically most of the states are expensive. Even Selangor. But maybe Kelantan still cheap.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm... Can't figure out why it has to be their name.

I think the sultan stays in Ipoh, perak.

Kelantan? Er ... What can u do there? Their lifestyle inclines more towards the village living, isn't it? I think Terengganu has much more potential :wink:

I cant really recall the place. But my wife relatives staying nearby the Sultan mosque of Perak. I wasnt that close to them anyway. And furthermore its so far fm Spore. I rather buy one at JB or Malacca.

I cant put my name as the owner. It has to be their name. And they told me in near future can ask lawyer to trsf title deed to me as ownership. But i have my reservation and i politely turned down the offer.

Not only properties in Ipoh, Practically most of the states are expensive. Even Selangor. But maybe Kelantan still cheap.

Last edited:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apply debit card n use , very convenient. Most shopping center hv ATM.

Ahhh.. That is a good suggestion, Thank you Crystal.. I will sure to get the debit card. Any Hong Leong bank at JB that i can go?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Convenient as in inside shopping mall? Very few. But if they are on MEPs, then u can withdraw from any machines. Normally, the first few transaction within a month is free, then subsequent withdrawal is subject to small fees.

For hong Leong, if u go by first link, there are 2 branches right in the city. One at pelangi (opposite plaza pelangi) and one beside UOB at Jalan Wong ah fook. Perhaps can withdraw there before u go shopping.

ok MEP is good, i dun think i will make more than 3 transcations a month. A withdrawal will give me a few trips of purchases.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ahhh.. That is a good suggestion, Thank you Crystal.. I will sure to get the debit card. Any Hong Leong bank at JB that i can go?

Weekdays , u can go Pelangi branch , for Sat , u can go to Nusa Bestari , they only open every 2nd and 4th saturday only.
If u have wife , can apply the hello kitty debit card , I love it ....
ever since i have this debit card , i seldom needs to withdraw money liao .... but do take note if u use debit card to pump petrol , they will deduct RM200 first and then refund the balance to u .
Hong Leong bank will give u online acct to check .
Also , do check with them the misc charges before u commit , debit card has RM2 monthly and RM8 for annual fees.
I am ok with the charges since its so convenience.

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi rectmobile, there is one HL ATM at City Square itself - basement near to a bakery :smile:

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks guys, i will make a trip to check out with the bank there. :smile:.. I am beginning to like this forum. :smile:

daytona

I am using HL bank too... They have a branch along Jalan Wong Ah Fook.....
Friendly staff and good sservice... easy to be a Priority Banking Customer...

potato

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi I am new to this.

Can one explain why the maximum 10,000 RM per remit?

Thanks. Potato

A way to save money.

Open a premier/privilege account in Singapore. Remit money to the bank in Malaysia (same bank). If u r premier customers, it's free to remit money overseas. Rates wise, gotta calculate the opportunity costs

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi I am new to this.

Can one explain why the maximum 10,000 RM per remit?

Thanks. Potato

Malaysia govt restrict foreigners accounts to have remiittance more than 10K , maybe to prevent money laundering etc.

potato

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Crystal. Hmm... I called Raffles Exchange and they said that there is no restriction on amount sent to developer. A
Malaysia govt restrict foreigners accounts to have remiittance more than 10K , maybe to prevent money laundering etc.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Crystal. Hmm... I called Raffles Exchange and they said that there is no restriction on amount sent to developer. A

Developers n malaysian acct no restrictions. Only foreginers.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hiring a maid (Domestic Helper) in Johor Bahru.. How?..

Bro wuqi, question for u again. Sorry about that. As mention in this thread but indirectly--- I have a maid here in Singapore , can I bring her to Malaysia and cancel her work permit here and apply for Malaysia work permit for her?
Heard there is no levy charged, not like blood suckers sickapore!?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro wuqi, question for u again. Sorry about that. As mention in this thread but indirectly--- I have a maid here in Singapore , can I bring her to Malaysia and cancel her work permit here and apply for Malaysia work permit for her?

I think can. But will your agree for a lower pay when she work in Malaysia u only paid her RM600.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

I doubt so.. bringing foreign maids are for MM2H plan people.

You arent therefore cannot bring in foreign maids..