• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I bring my live arowana from sg to MY?

Nice one, my father in law is a breeder of this type of fish, sells to some farms in SG as well as the big names for competition. He always has the "golden" finger when it comes to fishes. Those that will not live, under his hands, live. Those cannot breed, somehow he can make them though not always everytime, he is really patient. He even saved some small fishes that were trapped and managed to make it such that they become big freshwater fishes. Everytime some guy who is expert in fishes see them, will not believe how this species can still survive. (Its not seabass type which we all know can do both sea and freshwater)

Bro wuqi, yr father in law got arowana farm in jb?? Sell me 1 aro so I dun need to being over la!! Hehehe

Bro u know where in JB can buy nice and big tank for fishes??

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your.

abugumgum, why dont you buy resale market? BTo gonna wait and wait.. more time wasted means more $$ lost...

We have scouted for it and decided to go BTO. Same reason for many, the high prices of resale and some really old flats.

We will miss the appreciation of home prices in JB to get in line for BTO. Add in the MOP, we will then evaluate if it is still attractive to buy in JB, if not, then we will explore other places.

In the mean time, we would have already rented and stayed in JB, enjoying the space.

SmartMal

How will hdb know if you have property in msia?

I'm just curious how will hdb know if you have property in msia? Do we have any treaties that msia will let our garment know?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wow bro drifter u really a serious hobbyist for fish and aquarium.... Btw I can't tell from the pic how many inch is yr red?? Mine about 16" , u got to pump the burger up sometimes! I feed bull frogs one shot 7 pcs !!!!!!:eek:

bro mine is 14" less then 2 years old . yes sometimes i feed them with frogs .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nice one, my father in law is a breeder of this type of fish, sells to some farms in SG as well as the big names for competition. He always has the "golden" finger when it comes to fishes. Those that will not live, under his hands, live. Those cannot breed, somehow he can make them though not always everytime, he is really patient. He even saved some small fishes that were trapped and managed to make it such that they become big freshwater fishes. Everytime some guy who is expert in fishes see them, will not believe how this species can still survive. (Its not seabass type which we all know can do both sea and freshwater)

bro, im doing animals and reptiles breeding too ...yes breeding biz is a hard work not so easy as what ppl think it is .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I am not into ornamental fishes. People pay thousands for a bottle of good wine or moutai, not to mention ladies paying tens of thousands for a handbag. Your gem is a red, Chinese prosperous color(communist color as well) and rare for arowana as far I as know. You might want to research the arowana market to know its possible potential and opportunity. Some of China's rich might pay very high price to have it. Good luck to you. Meanwhile, you would probably be better to keep it at a safe place.

singapore is easy to keep and maintain aro cause of the weather ...in japan we have to use heater during the winter ..actucally i dont know much about aro ..i just see nice then buy and aro in japan is very expensive and not many ppl have it .im just lucky to get that piece ..im more into exotic pets .

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How will hdb know if you have property in msia?

I believe if you take a loan with an entirely Malaysian based bank such as Public Bank, there's no way for our dear govt to find out. That said, some jealous friends or colleagues may snitch on you....

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not believe there is any real way for HDB to know or find out. However, the law still stands. So if they can prove such a case where, then HDB will prosecute. Its a 'passive' law where if you break it, you just hv to keep hoping that HDB doesn't find out.

Anyone else knows otherwise? :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

erm , maybe they buy credit bureau report from Malaysia ? it will show everything u own in malaysia with loans ....
Make sense ?

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro mine is 14" less then 2 years old . yes sometimes i feed them with frogs .

Bro drifter , i love your fish tank. Very nice.
Were they all guppies ? I heard guppies need a bit more salted water.
I was surprised that A friend of mine feed his aro with small gold fish . Do you ?

Bro aro88, are you expert in arowana?
I heard that arowana knows what you said or think.
Eg: if you say that you going to kill it, the next day it will die itself.
Not sure about that whether it's a myth or what...

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once spoke to a finance consultant in msia dealing with housing.
He said that there is NO WAY SG gahment can know .
If they know that means something is wrong with MY gahmen and we can sue the MY gahmen for giving out the national's information to other country .

So, dont worry ... Buy as many as you wish ... Lol :biggrin:

Stupid SG gahmen just trying to scare the hell out of their own citizens !
How pathetic !!! And of course stupid law ... Lol:biggrin:

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

but sg govt will find ways to penalize the sinkies , of coz they cant do much to PRs ....
better be safe ....

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is a possibility. I think how the rule will work is to just ensure that a large proportion will not do it simply cos they wont want to take the risk of being caught.

The remaining small percentage that buy properties overseas will just have to take the risk. Some will eventually be caught and paraded to scare the folks. But its really just managing the risk. Some will deem it worthwhile. Some not. But by and large, its a smart way for HDB to tighten even if there isn't a real enforcement power. Just my thoughts.

erm , maybe they buy credit bureau report from Malaysia ? it will show everything u own in malaysia with loans ....
Make sense ?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was surprised that A friend of mine feed his aro with small gold fish . Do you ?

I feed my aro small fishes last time, u put anything in the tank the aro will eat, u put yr finger in the aro will bite...
The aro won't die unless u forget to put anti chlorine after water change...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

The same rule which we learnt in SAF applies..

"You can do anything, but dont get caught"

they are able to prosecute you even if 10-20 years down the road where they managed to find out...

play safe then sorry

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your.

We have scouted for it and decided to go BTO. Same reason for many, the high prices of resale and some really old flats.

We will miss the appreciation of home prices in JB to get in line for BTO. Add in the MOP, we will then evaluate if it is still attractive to buy in JB, if not, then we will explore other places.

In the mean time, we would have already rented and stayed in JB, enjoying the space.

oh, so u are renting an apartment in JB now? but under tenancy agreement?

I just go ahead and buy a place there, paying the installment better than renting, i guessed..
(I am buying under my parents' name).. *play safe than sorry, because the property agent mentioned that MY government will not allow SG government to check on any property own by a Singaporean in JB. I do not want to take any risk here...

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thankyou bro nasi lemak ..guppies don't need salt .. But planted tank must need CO2 .

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone here happens to keep these siam fighting fishs, GIANT? I have seen some costing up to 100+ .

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

What abt all those FTs? You think the Ah Nehs Ah tiongs Pinoys etc dont have private props back home? You think they have sold them before buying HDB? How HDB will find out I dunno. So dont worry lah.