• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Can I bring my live arowana from sg to MY?

bro, im doing animals and reptiles breeding too ...yes breeding biz is a hard work not so easy as what ppl think it is .

Agree, really hard. He just have that gift, its like a gift of life. He takes real pride in his work too, those he QCed and can't make it, he doesn't even sell them but neither does he kill them either. He still takes care of them. Lots to learn from this learned gentleman.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Anyone here happens to keep these siam fighting fishs, GIANT? I have seen some costing up to 100+ .

Some are really nice, the issue is they don't live quite long but then they do breed relatively well if one takes care of them. Hard to keep the fry alive though.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Agree, really hard. He just have that gift, its like a gift of life. He takes real pride in his work too, those he QCed and can't make it, he doesn't even sell them but neither does he kill them either. He still takes care of them. Lots to learn from this learned gentleman.

yes bro ..i dont kill them either if theres defects in my babies ...afterall its a life . just little extra work and extra little food for them but thats all . i love my job thats the most important thing .

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How will hdb know if you have property in msia?

What abt all those FTs? You think the Ah Nehs Ah tiongs Pinoys etc dont have private props back home? You think they have sold them before buying HDB? How HDB will find out I dunno. So dont worry lah.

i have heard FT having a hut back in their country, and that is considered private property..

haha... but they are under their own country law. we as a singaporean, dont play with the government..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

What abt all those FTs? You think the Ah Nehs Ah tiongs Pinoys etc dont have private props back home? You think they have sold them before buying HDB? How HDB will find out I dunno. So dont worry lah.

aiyo , u still dun understand . we are SINKIES , only they will find ways to tekan his own ppl . they need FT , so they wont really bother with them.
its a joke that they restrict their ppl to buy properties in other countries to get rich. they should resticts PRs to buy HDB in the first place.
the one who came out with this restriction , i guess his country of origin is not SG.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Juz look at all those MPs and Ministers in parliament.

How many of them are born in Spore?:rolleyes:

As for whether HDB would take action on those having properties overseas, I kind of wonder banks like UOB, HLB....having branches in Msia. I may have second thought taking loans fm them..:o

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Technically there are banking secrecy laws in every country. But I guess HDB is using fear or kiasu-ism as the tool to ensure compliance. I seriously doubt it is an enforceable rule. It would depend on HDB getting proof in order to prosecute. I think in most cases, the proof would come from someone snitching to them...

I suspect they would make a headline once they get someone like what LTA did once they caught one or two motorists cheating on the Weekend Car red plate scheme when it first started.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think this thread should be closed. dun challenge the govt so openly.
Remember this forum is very popular , someone got sue !

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should delete and burn the list of "investors" instead!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Should delete and burn the list of "investors" instead!

that one is ok since 90% who bought have met the MOP and the rest are singles who dun wan to pay so much for pigeon hole and malaysians...

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your.

oh, so u are renting an apartment in JB now? but under tenancy agreement?

I just go ahead and buy a place there, paying the installment better than renting, i guessed..
(I am buying under my parents' name).. *play safe than sorry, because the property agent mentioned that MY government will not allow SG government to check on any property own by a Singaporean in JB. I do not want to take any risk here...

Yes, rental now and for as long as it still makes sense. If standard of living (including rental) shoots past out threshold, we have to move again. :(

True about ownership than rent, but we aim for BTO, so no choice.

Tried the buy under family's name but some issues, so we prefer not to proceed.

What we stand to lose will be the capital appreciation of the JB house. We get in return is, in my humble opinion, a better use of our CPF funds than forced to maintian the minimum sum upon reaching retirement age (whatever that might be when it is our turn).

Sadako

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some are really nice, the issue is they don't live quite long but then they do breed relatively well if one takes care of them. Hard to keep the fry alive though.

I have seen them in local Farm, beautiful fishes with that size, its amazing. From the way I see, not much aeration needed?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgpZYb6qwl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Javier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should I take loan from SG bank or MY bank?

Hi,

I'm buying a house in Johor and I'm thinking if I should get the loan from Malaysia or should I re-morgage my house to leverage on the lower interest rates in SG. (e.g. SGD400,000 over 30 years)

What are the pros and cons, taking into account of Forex?

Any advice?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

I saw arowana being sold at a shop in a shop near Sutera, called Ming Yang (they sell birds too). The shop is next to the shell station (the old one, not the new one opposite Sutera)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I have seen them in local Farm, beautiful fishes with that size, its amazing. From the way I see, not much aeration needed?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgpZYb6qwl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how much is the market price in singapore for these beautiful fish ? if the price is good maybe you guys can breed them and make some extra income . i started breeding animals when i was 16 years old to support my studies and hobby .

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

how much is the market price in singapore for these beautiful fish ? if the price is good maybe you guys can breed them and make some extra income . i started breeding animals when i was 16 years old to support my studies and hobby .

Bro what animals u already bred??

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i used to breed CRS shrimp too before the market become hot ( if you want to start breeding for money , you have to know what will be the next " big thing " in your country ) ...dont strike when the "iron is cooling off " or goin to cool off . i started breeding my first kingkong shrimp which i can sell sin$2000 per piece during that time ( im one of the few ppl who actucally managed to breed kingkong shrimp ) . theres a craze fashion in fish hobby just like luohan ...now give ppl , ppl also dont want .

[video=youtube;h-4V3z5lsMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-4V3z5lsMY[/video]