• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1 good Singaporean guy fights for the rights of migrant workers

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r5nLJZXZxxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wham works primarily at the HOME help desk in Geylang listening to the needs of male foreign workers in Singapore. Together with his team, they provide employment advice to workers, help coordinate with government agencies and community partners to ensure the welfare and needs of foreign workers are taken care of and conduct mediation among workers, employers and employment agents to resolve work place conflicts. Wham graduated from the Faculty of Arts Social Sciences in 2004.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand all these people who go to great lengths to fight for the rights of foreigners while ignoring the plight of their fellow countrymen and women. I would respect him if he fights for the employment rights of Sinkies first before moving on to fight for foreigners' rights.

Same goes for doctors who go to third-world countries to provide medical care to the poor and displaced there. What about Sinkies? How about providing FREE HEALTH CARE for Sinkies? Do they think there are no poor Sinkies around? Charity begins at home. You go to shithole countries to give free treatment but do you think the people from shithole countries will come here to look after you? Bunch of gong kias!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand all these people who go to great lengths to fight for the rights of foreigners while ignoring the plight of their fellow countrymen and women. I would respect him if he fights for the employment rights of Sinkies first before moving on to fight for foreigners' rights.

Same goes for doctors who go to third-world countries to provide medical care to the poor and displaced there. What about Sinkies? How about providing FREE HEALTH CARE for Sinkies? Do they think there are no poor Sinkies around? Charity begins at home. You go to shithole countries to give free treatment but do you think the people from shithole countries will come here to look after you? Bunch of gong kias!

He is nothing but a traitor to his people...he should go to those 3rd world countries and work there...he is like Vincent Wijaysingha...wrong intentions to the wrong people...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Going to 3rd world war torn or catastrophe struck countries earns brownie points for promotion. Providing free service for locals attracts frowns for spoiling the market. Fighting for rights of foreign workers earn brownie points with government too. Fighting for local workers attracts frowns from government for spoiling the market too.

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to 3rd world war torn or catastrophe struck countries earns brownie points for promotion. Providing free service for locals attracts frowns for spoiling the market. Fighting for rights of foreign workers earn brownie points with government too. Fighting for local workers attracts frowns from government for spoiling the market too.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Going abroad gives them many networking opportunities. They can also include their experiences in their resumes and cover letters. Helping the poor in their own country will not help them much in these areas.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bingo! One can never be a prophet in one's own homeland.

Cheers!

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand all these people who go to great lengths to fight for the rights of foreigners while ignoring the plight of their fellow countrymen and women. I would respect him if he fights for the employment rights of Sinkies first before moving on to fight for foreigners' rights

Furthermore, this group of people want Singaporeans to share our rights and benefits (largely funded by Singaporeans) with the FTs.
This is not acceptable!