• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

alexsun

Re: Terrible Experience with Zest Design & Construction – Beware!

sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you will soon be able to find a good contractor to finish your reno.

I am sorry to hear your story. I also engaged Zest Design for my two new condo units. What I experienced was a totally different story. Victor is (1) very fast to respond (he is using wechat and he replies just in a few minutes for 99% of my requests), (2) listening to my requirements and tries his best to fulfill (anything he feels improper, he gives workable suggestions), (3) for the job items directly done by his own workers, the charge is very reasonable; for jobs he outsourced, he was willing to tell me how much he was charged by the sub-con (sometimes he didn't mark up), (4) when installing my aircon, I called the aircon shop to do the installation directly; when Victor spot defects left over by aircon shop workers, he offered to rectify for me free of charge.

Overall speaking, I am very satisfied with Zest Design; the only issue with them is a little bit delay (but still durable).

alexsun

I also engaged Zest Design for my two new condo units. What I experienced was a totally different story. Victor is (1) very fast to respond (he is using wechat and he replies just in a few minutes for 99% of my requests), (2) listening to my requirements and tries his best to fulfill (anything he feels improper, he gives workable suggestions), (3) for the job items directly done by his own workers, the charge is very reasonable; for jobs he outsourced, he was willing to tell me how much he was charged by the sub-con (sometimes he didn't mark up), (4) when installing my aircon, I called the aircon shop to do the installation directly; when Victor spot defects left over by aircon shop workers, he offered to rectify for me free of charge.

Overall speaking, I am very satisfied with Zest Design; the only issue with them is a little bit delay (but still durable). And I have recommended Victor to my friends.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise, what's the estimate cost for paper work to get approval for any extension to any existing structure?

And approx. how long for the approval?

(For landed house)

MFernandez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Terrible Experience with Zest Design & Construction – Beware!

Hi Alexsun,

If you did your renovations in 2014, then now I know where the workers were taken to from my house when they disappeared for a few weeks :smile: Also comfirms why 4 months became 11 months and still not completed. Workers disappeared several times over the period.

As of Dec 2014, we had paid Victor RM300K+, so u can understand why we are pissed!

I attached below some pictures of what he left behind
- flooded roof
- leaking walkway
- incomplete staircase
- debris everywhere (I couldn't get RM5000 deposit back from management)
- gaps in the walls
-and a long list of other things

I guess you were one of the lucky ones. :smile:

I must say, his cabinet guy - Ah Keong is excellent. Workmanship, etc was great and very helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_101727.jpg
    IMG_20141230_101727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20141230_102413.jpg
    IMG_20141230_102413.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG_20141230_102201.jpg
    IMG_20141230_102201.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 469
  • IMG_20141230_102257.jpg
    IMG_20141230_102257.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 462

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
T

Approval takes about 3 - 4 months. I'm not sure about the costs though. Sorry.

For the cost, I think depending on the complexity of the extension to the existing house. I was quoted about 2k for submission to get approval for a minor extension
Anywhere, thanks for your info

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you give your keys to contractor during renovation? I am staying at Singapore, can only return to my JB house during weekends...

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you give your keys to contractor during renovation? I am staying at Singapore, can only return to my JB house during weekends...
Very tough.. And most of the time I noticed didn't lock as sometime other contractors doing other work need to gain access to complete their work as well.
Same as you, usually visit to check during weekends or sometime weekdays if need to iron out some issues on the renovation

Last edited:

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal
can someone advise what is the renovation costs (without furniture and electrical appliance) for a new partially furnished condo (about 900sqf)? I intend to do showroom kinda renovation to my condo..

seansean

Paint/ False Celing/ Lights

Hi All. New to this forum. I am Singaporean and getting my JB property before Jun15 this year.

I need simple renovation works mainly (i) painting the whole house (ii) do up false ceiling (iii) put the lights on.

Any recommendation/ information on above is most welcomed. Thanks.

Regards
Sean

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Paint/ False Celing/ Lights

Hi All. New to this forum. I am Singaporean and getting my JB property before Jun15 this year.

I need simple renovation works mainly (i) painting the whole house (ii) do up false ceiling (iii) put the lights on.

Regards
Sean

Hard to say. How big is your house ?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Paint/ False Celing/ Lights

Regards
Sean

What type is your house? terrace, cluster or semiD? Which area?

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Need some design advice on grills.

Btw, I like my window grille contractor too. My window grille is nicely done up at reasonable price, rm3500. However, his business is good and I have waited 3 weeks for him to do mine. Anyone need his contact, do let me know. In fact, I have also approached him for contact on handyman in installing toilet accessories etc and ended up he said he will do it for me for free. Of coz, I paiseh and insisted him to charge me minimal labour cost. Wow,seeing kind people around makes me feel like living in JB everyday.

I need to fix grilles on windows at my house at JB. Could you please pm me your contractor's contact. Thanks

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

Any good place to get lights and fans others than E-Mart and Keck seng at Bukit indah area?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

Any good place to get lights and fans others than E-Mart and Keck seng at Bukit indah area?

Just further down from Bukit Indah, there are several shops in Nusa Bestari area, near the CIMB bank and on both sides of the road.