• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u drive these brands, becareful.

Cops cripple car theft syndicate, 12 arrested

KUALA LUMPUR: Police crippled a car theft syndicate following the arrests of 12 men in several locations in Selangor.

Sentul OCPD Asst Comm R. Munusamy said the men, including six buyers, were detained between Oct 14 and Friday in a series of busts.

"12 stolen luxury cars worth RM1.3mil were also seized in the busts.

"Their modus operandi included advertising the vehicles on Whatsapp at a very cheap price to attract buyers,” he told reporters at a press conference at the district police headquarters Saturday.

ACP Munusamy added that the vehicles included Toyota Alphard, Vellfire, Estima, Caldina and Fortuner.
The broker, supplier and middlemen are currently under remand for further investigation.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/25/Crime-car-theft-12-arrested/

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. For the past one year I have been going Nusajaya for speed rides in the wee hours of the morning and I am very surprised to see J and W plated cars travelling with me in Coastal Highway and NS Highway.. Seriously there are BMW 7 series, S Class, Lambos and GTRs and its really quite common. I always thought that Malaysians don't dare to drive these cars but it does seem that car-jackings are so much lesser rampant in the past 5 years. Almost nil

Theres this W-plate red GTR which always race past me at 200km/hour on Coastal Highway and speed off into the darkness at 3am in the morning. Seem to be a regular clubber or work tills late in the clubbing scene in the city centre.

And one thing I realize is that the police presence is quite common during that time in JB. I can see TPs and waja patrol cars and even mini-TP rider patrols in pairs or threes.. In Singapore where I depart, its almost non-existence.

Those stories normal la. It happen everywhere in the world. Even our North South Plus Highway. Be a smart driver.
If they want your car, just give them. It is afterall insured.

Remember when you buy a house, you buy neighbourhood.
Don't go and buy those places where shady characters hang around.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, my wife is also one of those that has the "unsafe" perception. And whenever she parked, I always joke with her that 8 out of the 10 Malaysian cars are better than hers. Are we worrying too much..

I agree. For the past one year I have been going Nusajaya for speed rides in the wee hours of the morning and I am very surprised to see J and W plated cars travelling with me in Coastal Highway and NS Highway.. Seriously there are BMW 7 series, S Class, Lambos and GTRs and its really quite common. I always thought that Malaysians don't dare to drive these cars but it does seem that car-jackings are so much lesser rampant in the past 5 years. Almost nil

Theres this W-plate red GTR which always race past me at 200km/hour on Coastal Highway and speed off into the darkness at 3am in the morning. Seem to be a regular clubber or work tills late in the clubbing scene in the city centre.

And one thing I realize is that the police presence is quite common during that time in JB. I can see TPs and waja patrol cars and even mini-TP rider patrols in pairs or threes.. In Singapore where I depart, its almost non-existence.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
20141031_153056 (1).jpg20141031_151148.jpg20141031_153042.jpg20141031_150428.jpg20141031_150929.jpg

Teega, Pinetree, The Wave and Private Marina Club house.

Can see crane on Robert Kuok piece of land. I think they are going to build a show flat or sales gallery over there.

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

I need to ask something here.

Will the non heated pools of Grand Medini be a problem compared to the heated pools of Iskandar Residences?

My vested interest in Zone A does not have a heated pool. The pool is located above the carpark, between two towers and the wind blows into the gap between the two towers, making it very cold to swim in the morning and evening, especially when there are strong winds. The winds will suck away the heat from the pools. I have lodged a complaint to their management and now am undecided whether to get GM or Iskandar Resi due to last minute notice that Iskandar Resi brochure stating their pools are heated.

Pls share with me your experiences.

Have you swam in your condo pools? Non heated? Are they cold?

Thanks.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

Another question.

I would like to hear your professional opinion which of the 2 units below would be easier to rent out in terms of location, tenant market, and also assuming minimum just to cover monthly loan + maintenance for 1st 2 years.

1) a Grand Medini unit 517 sq ft (no bedroom) , TOP 2017
2) a Iskandar Residence unit 633 sq ft (1 bedroom), TOP 2018

Thanks.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience, pool with cross ventilation has a temperature of 26 degrees.

So of course u will feel cold when u jump in.

To feel comfortable when entering, you need to have it at 30 degrees,
especially when u have kids or babes entering the pool.

But on a hot day, I think for all NS trained guys, should not be a problem,
its jus a few seconds of climatization.

So the answer is yes n no, depending on yr profile.

I installed a heater for my pool at ONE KL, only on it when I am expecting
kids or babes.. Tip : invest in a pool cover. the water will heat up faster &
also maintain the temperature longer when the heater is off.

Hope it helps.

Guys,

Another question.

I would like to hear your professional opinion which of the 2 units below would be easier to rent out in terms of location, tenant market, and also assuming minimum just to cover monthly loan + maintenance for 1st 2 years.

1) a Grand Medini unit 517 sq ft (no bedroom) , TOP 2017
2) a Iskandar Residence unit 633 sq ft (1 bedroom), TOP 2018

Thanks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience, pool with cross ventilation has a temperature of 26 degrees.

So of course u will feel cold when u jump in.

To feel comfortable when entering, you need to have it at 30 degrees,
especially when u have kids or babes entering the pool.

But on a hot day, I think for all NS trained guys, should not be a problem,
its jus a few seconds of climatization.

So the answer is yes n no, depending on yr profile.

I installed a heater for my pool at ONE KL, only on it when I am expecting
kids or babes.. Tip : invest in a pool cover. the water will heat up faster &
also maintain the temperature longer when the heater is off.

Hope it helps.

ONE KL is a very nice condo...http://www.onekl.com.my/

Sadly nearly all JB's condos are very far from this standard, which is why I will never buy one in JB.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the next door development, Encorp Marina? Which floor?

I think you can still see it from the youtube I just posted yesterday. It did captured Imperi and Encorp Marina. In fact you can see the whole PH and Medini. The video was uploaded on 26 Oct.

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there 29 Oct last week, Imperia both towers reach top already. Encorp still car park level, don't know why. Overall public marina very well maintained, spoilt walk paths are patched back and seats are now covered with thick paint that doesn't fade easily. The wooden benches also well maintained and was not fading in colour.

This is very important for the area to be successful. Only issue I see is the open car park area of Hello Kitty and Traders hotel, in very bad state, much worse than my last trip there few months back. The pavements and roads are full of pot holes, making the area very cheap. However, think they didn't bother to maintain because of the construction trucks in and out BUT they must maintain properly if they want the area to be GEM OF PUTERI HARBOUR. Having such a badly maintained open space will not be good for the area.

Finally, as usual dined at Brussels cafe, this time burger is back to good in terms of taste and size, happy with the service and noticed most restaurants are quite packed for a weekday rainy evening. Also, all the open space car park almost full.