• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its best to snap up both as PCR and SMR has the best locations in Puteri Harbour. I heard Almas PSF is also similar to SMR. It does makes sense to buy the latter now and UEM must be furious about this. There is no way Almas from UEM can beat SMR in terms of locations, prestige and view.

Hypothetically speaking, if, say, one has the means to own both PCR and SMR, is it a wise thing to buy both in PH or should one diversifies and invests in another area? Just like to know if anyone can share their thoughts on this.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, but make sure one unit is of a higher floor than the other and you can fly-fox yourself across the private marina!

I have a friend working in GIC and he is investing heavily in this area, so I just fight. and is a value buy in terms of per sqft. for pcr I bought see view unit. for those who bought private marina view will feel bad I think, because of the amount they paid for per sqft.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flea Market starting at Puteri Harbour Marina every 4th Saturday of the month:

PH FLEA.jpg

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in purchasing Sea View units & not marina views for PCR. That's probably the best view one can get in Puteri Harbour and maybe Southern Malaysia. I was surprised marina facing demand was so high and they priced it 10% higher when it should be the other way round.

Congrats to you for securing two important units which wont be found or released for sale in Puteri Harbour for many years to come. When Convention centre, Private Marina clubhouse are up and running, the feel will be very much different.

RM 920 ( S$350 psf ) is a big big steal for a life next to marina. I went to Sentosa for a short viewing and was quoted almost S$3000 psf and later in Keppel I was quoted S$2000+ psf. Strictly no neg. Both are leasehold.

I cannot justify why Singapore marina views and sea views units are priced 8 times higher than PH. Is the view at Singapore 8 times better?

Either one is grossly overpriced or the other one super underpriced, or BOTH.

I have a friend working in GIC and he is investing heavily in this area, so I just fight. and is a value buy in terms of per sqft. for pcr I bought see view unit. for those who bought private marina view will feel bad I think, because of the amount they paid for per sqft.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which Block did you purchase? Which side is consider Sea Facing? SMR design has taken considerations on the prevailing wind direction and no afternoon sun.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in purchasing Sea View units & not marina views for PCR. That's probably the best view one can get in Puteri Harbour and maybe Southern Malaysia. I was surprised marina facing demand was so high and they priced it 10% higher when it should be the other way round.

Congrats to you for securing two important units which wont be found or released for sale in Puteri Harbour for many years to come. When Convention centre, Private Marina clubhouse are up and running, the feel will be very much different.

RM 920 ( S$350 psf ) is a big big steal for a life next to marina. I went to Sentosa for a short viewing and was quoted almost S$3000 psf and later in Keppel I was quoted S$2000+ psf. Strictly no neg. Both are leasehold.

I cannot justify why Singapore marina views and sea views units are priced 8 times higher than PH. Is the view at Singapore 8 times better?

Either one is grossly overpriced or the other one super underpriced, or BOTH.

Seems like psf is getting lower and now is below 1k psf.. oversupply there isit? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which Block did you purchase? Which side is consider Sea Facing? SMR design has taken considerations on the prevailing wind direction and no afternoon sun.

There is a few unit facing public marina is good choice, is bigger 1300+ sqft at same price,almost unblock view of public marina,sea,emerald

There is a few unit facing public marina is a good choice,is bigger 1300+ sqft at almost same price,
Unblock view of public marina,emerald bay and sea view if high floor.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking at the recent postings... looks like I overpaid for Pinetree. Oh well, who asked me to have itchy fingers... cannot hold onto cash... sigh...

just came back from a recent trip to JB. Pinetree is progressing really slowly. That's good by me. I don't really care since I am not going to stay there anyway. Besides I am on deferred payment.

I have noticed that the UEM project is progressing very nicely. Built up to very high already. Maybe they pre-fab the concrete somewhere but nonetheless it looks like it is progressing very fast.

In fact, the whole area looks like it is progressing very nicely. The car park was full. Quite a number of cars moving around on a weekday.

On a selfish note, I hope the price of the units at PH continue to stay high. Nice way to keep away the cheap ppl. That being said, rich ppl can be nasty neighbours too. But odds are in favour that the rich ppl being nicer ppl.

A general observation that I noticed is that traffic is heavier now in nusajaya and Bt Indah. A lot more trucks and bad drivers. Good indicator that population is growing. Downside of cos is that a lot more stupid drivers.

I didn't stay for long - only went to the bank, did a massage and came straight out. will update more if and when I go in.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to inform you ( Lets not beat around the bush here ) that most of the residents in the condos in PH are paying Singapore 3-room flat prices for the ultra high floor residences.

So please do expect some neighbours who will shout from level 30 to level 01 playground for their kids to come home for dinner. If you are used to it, then you will feel more probably at home in PH.

looking at the recent postings... looks like I overpaid for Pinetree. Oh well, who asked me to have itchy fingers... cannot hold onto cash... sigh...

just came back from a recent trip to JB. Pinetree is progressing really slowly. That's good by me. I don't really care since I am not going to stay there anyway. Besides I am on deferred payment.

I have noticed that the UEM project is progressing very nicely. Built up to very high already. Maybe they pre-fab the concrete somewhere but nonetheless it looks like it is progressing very fast.

In fact, the whole area looks like it is progressing very nicely. The car park was full. Quite a number of cars moving around on a weekday.

On a selfish note, I hope the price of the units at PH continue to stay high. Nice way to keep away the cheap ppl. That being said, rich ppl can be nasty neighbours too. But odds are in favour that the rich ppl being nicer ppl.

A general observation that I noticed is that traffic is heavier now in nusajaya and Bt Indah. A lot more trucks and bad drivers. Good indicator that population is growing. Downside of cos is that a lot more stupid drivers.

I didn't stay for long - only went to the bank, did a massage and came straight out. will update more if and when I go in.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to inform you ( Lets not beat around the bush here ) that most of the residents in the condos in PH are paying Singapore 3-room flat prices for the ultra high floor residences.

So please do expect some neighbours who will shout from level 30 to level 01 playground for their kids to come home for dinner. If you are used to it, then you will feel more probably at home in PH.

i'm a Singaporean who lived in 7 years in jb 3 years in vietnam, from my understanding,99% of johorean will never buy apartment unit for more than rm 1 mil in johor, even my Malaysian friends said im crazy to spent this amount of money for a 900 sqft unit. they would preferred to buy landed properties.

As you said, myr 1 mil is only sgd 300++ , for us is cheap but for them is not cheap at all, I would expect residence in PH is mostly Singaporean or western expat. frankly speaking, even local will not rent a unit and live in PH because the rental will be more than rm 5k.for expat is difference story as myr 5k is only usd 1.5k for a marina view unit. This is just my personal opinion.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm a Singaporean who lived in 7 years in jb 3 years in vietnam, from my understanding,99% of johorean will never buy apartment unit for more than rm 1 mil in johor, even my Malaysian friends said im crazy to spent this amount of money for a 900 sqft unit. they would preferred to buy landed properties.

As you said, myr 1 mil is only sgd 300++ , for us is cheap but for them is not cheap at all, I would expect residence in PH is mostly Singaporean or western expat. frankly speaking, even local will not rent a unit and live in PH because the rental will be more than rm 5k.for expat is difference story as myr 5k is only usd 1.5k for a marina view unit. This is just my personal opinion.

u r not entirely wrong in your observation joe, but bear in mind there are already existingly malaysians buying into either of the condos in ph although I don't know how many. so I think there are malaysians who like this area and they are paying a million for it already and of course the richer ones are waiting the emerald bay. so going forward when ph is up and running in a few years time, things will definitely change. if the trend for the ringgit is what we are seeing these months, I seriously don't think one can buy a ph unit any cheaper just by costs alone, if they still want the ph lifestyle. and I also don't think landed will not be costly by then.

joequek

Alfrescian
Loyal
u r not entirely wrong in your observation joe, but bear in mind there are already existingly malaysians buying into either of the condos in ph although I don't know how many. so I think there are malaysians who like this area and they are paying a million for it already and of course the richer ones are waiting the emerald bay. so going forward when ph is up and running in a few years time, things will definitely change. if the trend for the ringgit is what we are seeing these months, I seriously don't think one can buy a ph unit any cheaper just by costs alone, if they still want the ph lifestyle. and I also don't think landed will not be costly by then.

Ya I agreed with you, there is johorean bought PH high rise but at a small percentage.richer ones prefered emerald because landed. For high rise appt like Puteri cove 1400++per sqft, they would rather buy kl or Penang, at this price per sqft is not seen before in Johor.for my understanding singaporean bought more than 50% of the property in PH,agent told me, I don't know how accurate. But alot of Malaysian bought sunway citrine, for them the price is more comfortable for them I think, I was there when the first launch, anyway did you bought any property in PH?

Regards.