• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is quiet because many forumer's profit had been wipe out as a result of strong negative currency translation.
If one day the Malaysia real estate and RM$ strengthen substantially, the bragging machine will start again.

If you did not buy here, or have interest here, or want to live in Iskandar, why are you all in the Puteri Harbour forum, and why in the PH forum do people talk about Denga bay or other areas. And as far as squeezing a profit, profit comes when you sell not before, and considering I paid SGD$365,898 for 1621 sqft 40th floor 3 bed 4 bathroom sea view freehold (of which I only paid 15% so far and could walk away worst case), when I do decide to sell, I am sure I will squeak out a few bucks, most likely better than my stock portfolio or an HDB in Singapore.
And the bragging machine, I had enough of it during short election here, "Singapore is the 3rd richest country in the world", but 80% of the people live in HDB Gov subsidized housing, and 85% can't afford to buy a car, so it is the riches for the 15%, rich in SG is for the rich. Which is why some people, me included, choose to buy and reside in Malaysia, not to flip for a fast buck, but as the originator of this forum "Living in JB" intended, for a better quality of life for less cost, if you do not believe in that why are you here in the forum?
So I do not understand all this beating up on those who bought in PH and the prediction of how bad things will get, especially from those who have nothing to do with investing there. As I said before my inflated 1.4 million SG condo is a falling apart because the owners don't want to pay maintenance (big meeting last week), and so it seems far better to let a 365,000 place fall apart if that is the way it is going to go?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Loan Agreement is just a standard agreement with no specific terms of my loan package.

My LO states fixed BLR-2.4% with no specific reference to year 1 to year 3 or whatsoever.. So I had to assume that it is fixed all the way too !! until this stunt comes along..
Yes there is a 3 years bonding period from 1st disbursement, so that is expiring soon, & I can refinance.

What I'm unhappy about is that it was explained by the officer to me that this is fixed BLR - 2.4% throughout the tenure.. (and BLR being the only variable here)

Usually there is a catch all phrase for the bank to change any clause to their advantage near the end of the loan contract.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a very good perspective.sometimes Singapore isn't what it's all cracked up to be.
Perhaps for the super rich
Hope that it'll change soon.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a very good perspective.sometimes Singapore isn't what it's all cracked up to be.
Perhaps for the super rich
Hope that it'll change soon.

Not really, frankly what's wrong with HDB living? The newer HDBs are very well designed and come with full length glass, high floors have spectacular views and all amenities within reach, the lifts are seldom down and expected response time for EMSU gets the lifts repaired within 24 hours 99% of the time, surrounding facilities are repaired very timely also, conservancy fees are very cheap, try living in a JB condo then you will realize that all these are taken for granted, there are no shops just downstairs and you have to drive out all the time, as walking on the streets is too dangerous.

I own landed property in SG, property in OZ and yet in Singapore I bought a resale HDB, why? At the 20th floor I have unblocked views of a forest and greenery, there are facilities all round including BBQ pits, several MP Halls where they conduct dancing classes, TKD classes etc, a fusball court, a basketball court, as many as three playgrounds around, fitness stations, resident's garden, coffee shop, all within the estate. Opposite there is a Home Team Resort club with 50m pool, gym, driving range, bowling, archery and restaurants and mini supermarket. 75% live in HDB not because of their wealth (or lack of) alone but because they know the value for money in HDB. That is why 70% vote the PAP.

Anyway to make my post relevant to this thread, why am I here is because I am scoping out the best development to rent and stay when I really go low gear in my life and I intend to rent a property up North to enjoy the cheap living, PH may be one of them. I certainly do not see myself being saddled with a badly maintained property after 5 years.

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far never heard of owners not paying up on maintenance in Sg condos.
Probably the estate in need of some major repairs, and probably the sinking fund is low too.
Would you be able to reveal in which district?

As I said before my inflated 1.4 million SG condo is a falling apart because the owners don't want to pay maintenance (big meeting last week), and so it seems far better to let a 365,000 place fall apart if that is the way it is going to go?

alexlow888

Alfrescian
Loyal
southern marina is having property talk on 17th October 2015, Saturday, 3pm @ Southern Marina Sales Gallery, Lebuh Bahtera, Puteri Harbour.

Southern Marina.jpg

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far never heard of owners not paying up on maintenance in Sg condos.
Probably the estate in need of some major repairs, and probably the sinking fund is low too.
Would you be able to reveal in which district?
District 19 near NEX Mall, I am a renter for 5 years now, but hung outside the owners meeting, sounds like they had an audit and the guy was ripping into the owners for being naïve and not putting enough away, with no long term expense plan. My pool has 3 lights left no replacements in 3 years, 2 machine broken in gym for months 3rd on the way, intercom system at gate broken for months, nice hand drawn sign saying sorry, intercom from floor level doors to security not working for months, can't buzz us in, landscaping and pool cleaning are minimal, roof leaks several time per year if the rain is at the right angle, light timers don't work in some areas of the grounds and building (my floor and staircase) for years, they did paint last year though :smile:.... So it is not they don't pay, they fooled themselves into believing they did not have to pay enough and now the building suffers, and now one wants to cough up a lump sum, not even to put lights in the pool. And the condition of my unit, not painted in 10 years, I bought my own appliances and curtains because they were so bad, The wood plastic veneer on closets all peeling... anyway this is why I am jumping at something new and affordable with a view. If it goes to hell oh well, if it maintains 692 MYR a sq ft great I have a place for retirement close to wonder Singapore, if it goes to 1900 MYR per sq foot at some point.. (2022), I do well :smile: I love it here in Singapore, I do but there are some things missing if you did not grow up here immersed in this insular environment. And the bad things that Singaporeans think about JB are not so scary to people who did not grow up here. I lived in Vancouver and saw heroin addicts and beggars in the streets on the way to work most days, cars broken into.. shit happens in the rest of the world. I do find living here so long I am getting soft :smile:. But I doubt we will suffer so much of what people believe are the negative points about JB in PH, PH is not JB city.
I spent the weekend at the W in Sentosa a couple weeks back and could not help think how similar if not more impressive architecturally PH will be when complete and can't wait for that life at a fraction of the cost.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously I don't know if PH will turn out to be as classy and tranquil as Sentosa.

One thing I do know is that my house cost about 20% that of Sentosa only.

District 19 near NEX Mall, I am a renter for 5 years now, but hung outside the owners meeting, sounds like they had an audit and the guy was ripping into the owners for being naïve and not putting enough away, with no long term expense plan. My pool has 3 lights left no replacements in 3 years, 2 machine broken in gym for months 3rd on the way, intercom system at gate broken for months, nice hand drawn sign saying sorry, intercom from floor level doors to security not working for months, can't buzz us in, landscaping and pool cleaning are minimal, roof leaks several time per year if the rain is at the right angle, light timers don't work in some areas of the grounds and building (my floor and staircase) for years, they did paint last year though :smile:.... So it is not they don't pay, they fooled themselves into believing they did not have to pay enough and now the building suffers, and now one wants to cough up a lump sum, not even to put lights in the pool. And the condition of my unit, not painted in 10 years, I bought my own appliances and curtains because they were so bad, The wood plastic veneer on closets all peeling... anyway this is why I am jumping at something new and affordable with a view. If it goes to hell oh well, if it maintains 692 MYR a sq ft great I have a place for retirement close to wonder Singapore, if it goes to 1900 MYR per sq foot at some point.. (2022), I do well :smile: I love it here in Singapore, I do but there are some things missing if you did not grow up here immersed in this insular environment. And the bad things that Singaporeans think about JB are not so scary to people who did not grow up here. I lived in Vancouver and saw heroin addicts and beggars in the streets on the way to work most days, cars broken into.. shit happens in the rest of the world. I do find living here so long I am getting soft :smile:. But I doubt we will suffer so much of what people believe are the negative points about JB in PH, PH is not JB city.
I spent the weekend at the W in Sentosa a couple weeks back and could not help think how similar if not more impressive architecturally PH will be when complete and can't wait for that life at a fraction of the cost.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
btravelling, thanks for yr response. The estate is in such a sorry state.
Looks like the estate mgmt committee is not doing their job to upkeep the estate, that's why it looks run down.
Most of the defaults need minor repairs, unless the big ticket items like painting work, which cost several hundred thousands, water pumps, change intercom systems, major underground sewerage piping problems, etc

Probably it's time to call for enbloc exercise

Hey but now it's tenant's market, you have a lot of choices! Many units TOP!

Last edited:

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, my first ever post to the forum! I bought at Southern Marina, top floor but one and it is well priced for a new launch with what will be a great view, whether or not other condos are developed opposite. It all sounds doom and gloom at the moment in this forum. I really don't know if the place will take off, but it's a nice area right now and I think it will look spectacular once Puteri Cove and Teega are finished off. I realise that the rental market isn't there yet, but think it will be great to catch a slow ferry from Harbourfront straight to the apartment. In later years I can always stay and have very easy access to SG and Indonesia, from a Malaysia base.

Rental may come if the place is attractive to West Coast commuters ... (Why not if it starts to look good and is competitively priced relative to SG?) or if the MY gov succeed in their Iskandar vision. It is SE Asia's biggest development, after all.

It looks like the MYR is set for a hard time (recent reversal aside) - that just means the capital loan becomes cheaper and cheaper to service. The hard asset won't depreciate, it will simply re-price to the new level of the Ringgit. Tangible assets are the boy things to hold in a situation of currency devaluation.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I changed at rm3 recently and shoot my foot when it falls to rm3.12.. now ringgit has appreciated 5% since and MAS is changing its monetary stance soon.. so we can expect a further rise of RM to RM2.8 - 2.9

Heng ah, I change early

Hey guys, my first ever post to the forum! I bought at Southern Marina, top floor but one and it is well priced for a new launch with what will be a great view, whether or not other condos are developed opposite. It all sounds doom and gloom at the moment in this forum. I really don't know if the place will take off, but it's a nice area right now and I think it will look spectacular once Puteri Cove and Teega are finished off. I realise that the rental market isn't there yet, but think it will be great to catch a slow ferry from Harbourfront straight to the apartment. In later years I can always stay and have very easy access to SG and Indonesia, from a Malaysia base.

Rental may come if the place is attractive to West Coast commuters ... (Why not if it starts to look good and is competitively priced relative to SG?) or if the MY gov succeed in their Iskandar vision. It is SE Asia's biggest development, after all.

It looks like the MYR is set for a hard time (recent reversal aside) - that just means the capital loan becomes cheaper and cheaper to service. The hard asset won't depreciate, it will simply re-price to the new level of the Ringgit. Tangible assets are the boy things to hold in a situation of currency devaluation.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems you will have the best buys of all time. I heard Southern Marina is just RM 800psf + for high floor marina views. ( S$270psf )

The stunning view needs no elaboration. You are facing the huge tracts of jungle of Singapore with 2-3 reserviors etc I would have purchased if my bank can grant me another loan

MEOWCAT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everybody,

Every time there is renewed talk about big things like HSR, I go here to check if they have done the small things...

So, one year after it was first supposed to commence, does anybody know if there is any ferry service between Singapore and PH?

If both countries can't even do that after talking for so long, makes me very skeptical of bigger talk.