• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Added myself in the list:

Investor (East Ledang)
Jogs1 (East Ledang)
captainjones (East Ledang)
Wiseguy (East Ledang)
East539's Sis & Bro in law (East Ledang)
Lynn (East Ledang)
IskandarRocks (East Ledang)
Leisure (East Ledang)
linked (East Ledang)
investjb (Ujana)
limmcd (Ujana)
Blue_S (Ujana)
fairies (Ledang Heights)
mallow (Ledang Heights)
Diaspora (Impiana)
Dragonlance (East Ledang)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, I bot a semi d unit in phase 2 late 2010... Should have bot 2! Eagerly waiting for the unit to be completed :-) glad to join the community and let's look out for each other here...

Hi dragonlance,

Welcome to our community.
Haha everyone hopes that they have bought more too. Prices have appreciated quite significantly during this short period of time.
Leisure Farm is selling semi-ds of Bayou Creek at prices from RM1.721 mil to RM2.573 mil as stated in their marketing booklet.
A few resale semi-ds in EL are going at RM1.6x mil, one owner from phase 1 sold his semi-d at RM1.5x mil.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East Ledang
Investor
Jogs1
captainjones
Wiseguy
East539's Sis & Bro in law
Lynn
IskandarRocks
Leisure
linked
Matix
Polymin
Niczap
Lemans2011
Serenity
mchia
dragonlance

Ujana
Investjb
Limmcd
Blue_S
Avelc

Ledang Heights
Fairies
Mallow
Nusajaya

Impiana
Diaspora
muncheah
kenken
Nusajaya
Investjb

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Anyone knows what will happen if government only grant 70% for foreigner buyers? and UEM had oversold their property? Thanks:smile:

Hi, I am a new member here:smile: I bought a semi d @ phase 2 in EL 2010, Completion should be this June 2012 but up til this moment my state consent is still pending.( no news from lawyer) I am interested to know what will happen if gov only grant 70% for foreigner buyers and how UEM going to solve the problem if they have oversold their properties to foreigner?don't tell me they just refund the money and said "SORRY gov disapproved" In this case, what can purchaser do? Thanks:smile:

Good question and I'm also curious to know the answer too. It's gonna be disastrous if this really happens.
Maybe they can use the quota from future phases for those foreigners who have already purchased in 2010?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi, I am a new member here:smile: I bought a semi d @ phase 2 in EL 2010, Completion should be this June 2012 but up til this moment my state consent is still pending.( no news from lawyer) I am interested to know what will happen if gov only grant 70% for foreigner buyers and how UEM going to solve the problem if they have oversold their properties to foreigner?don't tell me they just refund the money and said "SORRY gov disapproved" In this case, what can purchaser do? Thanks:smile:

Oh by the way, just to let you know that I've already received the approval of 'State Consent' for my unit in Phase 2. I bought it in 2010 too.
Only problem now is Phase 7.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Investor, I would like to know when did you actually received your state consent? Is HH Long solicitor applied it for you? and which month did you sign your SP from UEM in 2010? Thanks:smile:

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good question and I'm also curious to know the answer too. It's gonna be disastrous if this really happens.
Maybe they can use the quota from future phases for those foreigners who have already purchased in 2010?

What I got from UEM is that the increase for foreign ownership has been put up to the authority for final approval. There should be no problem. Accordingly to my lawyer, she has 40 cases that are in the same situation.
Lets hope that UEM being a reputable company, they should find a reasonable resolution.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What I got from UEM is that the increase for foreign ownership has been put up to the authority for final approval. There should be no problem. Accordingly to my lawyer, she has 40 cases that are in the same situation.
Lets hope that UEM being a reputable company, they should find a reasonable resolution.

Thanks for sharing info Avonup.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I spoke to the lawyer today and was told that actually our state consent have been approved(refer to phase2). However, it has been expired cos have not rec'd the doc 'title entitlement' from UEM and now need to renew it. She said that renewal should not be a problem. Hope that UEM can solve the land authority with Maybank asap. Now the law firm is still waiting for this 'quick rent' doc from UEM for renewal. Does anyone knows what doc is'Quick rent'???
Investor maybe u can check with your lawyer whether yr state consent expired??? sound complicated right? sometimes I am not too sure too.:confused:
By the way, many thanks to all who share information here.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I spoke to the lawyer today and was told that actually our state consent have been approved(refer to phase2). However, it has been expired cos have not rec'd the doc 'title entitlement' from UEM and now need to renew it. She said that renewal should not be a problem. Hope that UEM can solve the land authority with Maybank asap. Now the law firm is still waiting for this 'quick rent' doc from UEM for renewal. Does anyone knows what doc is'Quick rent'???
Investor maybe u can check with your lawyer whether yr state consent expired??? sound complicated right? sometimes I am not too sure too.:confused:
By the way, many thanks to all who share information here.

do u mean 'quit rent'?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a letter from UEM, stated my EL phase 2 semi-d is 82.5% completed, except the serving road to the house. Hope another 3 months we can collect the key!

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a letter from UEM, stated my EL phase 2 semi-d is 82.5% completed, except the serving road to the house. Hope another 3 months we can collect the key!

Congrats to you, Jogs1! My terrace unit at phase 8 suppose to be ready by Jan 2013. Judging from the current progress, I got this hunch that UEM gonna delay the completion.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrats to you, Jogs1! My terrace unit at phase 8 suppose to be ready by Jan 2013. Judging from the current progress, I got this hunch that UEM gonna delay the completion.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think so as I've no idea what is it? so u have heard of this 'quit rent'? please tell me more about it, captainjones :smile: Thanks

Hi mchia, it's a form of land tax. See the definition of quit rent below (quote from http://quitrent.askdefine.com/):

A rent reserved in grants of land, by the payment of which the tenant is quit (absolved) from other service.

Quit rent or Quit-rent is a form of levy or land tax imposed on freehold or leased land by a higher landowning authority, usually government or its assigns.
Under feudal law, the payment of quit rent freed the tenant of a holding from the obligation to perform such other services as were obligatory under feudal tenure. In post-feudal times, quit rents have continued to be imposed by some governments, usually attached to land grants as a form of land tax.
The quit rent system was used frequently by colonial governments in the British empire. Many land grants in colonial America in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries carried quit rent. Quit rents went on to be used in British colonies in Asia and elsewhere in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Some governments have now abolished the quit rent system and relieved those with a nominal quit rent obligation from the requirement to pay it, replacing quit rents with a uniform system of land tax. However in other countries, such as Malaysia, quit rent remains an important means of raising revenue from landowners.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think so as I've no idea what is it? so u have heard of this 'quit rent'? please tell me more about it, captainjones :smile: Thanks

Hi mchia, it's a form of land tax. See the definition of quit rent below (quote from http://quitrent.askdefine.com/):

A rent reserved in grants of land, by the payment of which the tenant is quit (absolved) from other service.

Quit rent or Quit-rent is a form of levy or land tax imposed on freehold or leased land by a higher landowning authority, usually government or its assigns.
Under feudal law, the payment of quit rent freed the tenant of a holding from the obligation to perform such other services as were obligatory under feudal tenure. In post-feudal times, quit rents have continued to be imposed by some governments, usually attached to land grants as a form of land tax.
The quit rent system was used frequently by colonial governments in the British empire. Many land grants in colonial America in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries carried quit rent. Quit rents went on to be used in British colonies in Asia and elsewhere in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Some governments have now abolished the quit rent system and relieved those with a nominal quit rent obligation from the requirement to pay it, replacing quit rents with a uniform system of land tax. However in other countries, such as Malaysia, quit rent remains an important means of raising revenue from landowners.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, does anyne know when ujana will hand over keys ?
what s the current psf price for ujana ?
thanks

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Added myself in the list:

Investor (East Ledang)
Jogs1 (East Ledang)
captainjones (East Ledang)
Wiseguy (East Ledang)
East539's Sis & Bro in law (East Ledang)
Lynn (East Ledang)
IskandarRocks (East Ledang)
Leisure (East Ledang)
linked (East Ledang)
investjb (Ujana)
limmcd (Ujana)
Blue_S (Ujana)
fairies (Ledang Heights)
mallow (Ledang Heights)
Diaspora (Impiana)
Dragonlance (East Ledang)
Lennyjames (Esat Ledang)

Adding myself to the list too. We have been in EL since handover. Love it out here.