• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody knows where is a good place to source for raw materials (e.g plywood, granite, tiles, tools, etc) in Johor for DIY use?

muncheah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

yes, i bought the small unit for investment:smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like UEM has cleared up the issue. My lawyer confirmed that they have already filed for the State Consent for Melody Park, last week. In case you have not heard anything from the lawyer recently, you may want to follow up.

There is nothing official yet in terms of the increase in State Levy. So, if the filing is done anytime soon, we should be ok with RM 10K.

Hi IR,

I've checked with UEM and they confirmed that the issue is not settled yet. They said that some units managed to get State Consent but not all.
But this time, the executive from UEM seemed to hint that UEM might accept responsibility for the increase of fee from RM10k to RM30k if they are unable to settle their issue before the increase.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes, i bought the small unit for investment:smile:

A warm welcome again.
Just to let you know that you can 'Reply with Quote' so that members know who you are replying to.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have heard that one is able to get Singtel signals in East Ledang. Can anyone already staying there confirm? Wifey Starhub contract is up and thinking of switching to Singtel.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have heard that one is able to get Singtel signals in East Ledang. Can anyone already staying there confirm? Wifey Starhub contract is up and thinking of switching to Singtel.

Sidetrack: i found my phone picking up Indonesian signal while jogging at east coast

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

By the way, there are delays in the applications of State Consent here in East Ledang's properties because of UEM as they are in the midst of a discussion with government's authority regarding foreign ownership limit for East Ledang. If successful, which UEM has high confidence in, there will be no limit on foreign ownership of East Ledang's properties in future.

On Sunday spoke to UEM staff, was told that it was all rumour. There is no increase in State consent levy. Has anyone heard of this?
As for foreign ownership, I understand the raise is from 40% to 60% instead of 100%. Not sure which is correct.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just received a copied letter stating UEM has completed the windows and doors installation, and requesting my bank to disburse 10%. Does that mean the State consent is approved for my unit?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I just received a copied letter stating UEM has completed the windows and doors installation, and requesting my bank to disburse 10%. Does that mean the State consent is approved for my unit?

Nope. It's a standard procedure for the developer to request for progressive payment according to the stages of completion.
They've requested payment from my bank as early as Dec of last year (2011) but my bank has not disburse the payment till today due to UEM's issue.
As long as the delay in payment is due to UEM, we'll not be liable for any interest incurred due to late payment.
If it happens in the future whereby they request payment of late interest from you, just quote them Clause 9 of our S&P. (Provided you are sure that the delay in payment from your bank is due to UEM's problem and not the bank themselves, be sure to follow up on the payment now.)

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

On Sunday spoke to UEM staff, was told that it was all rumour. There is no increase in State consent levy. Has anyone heard of this?
As for foreign ownership, I understand the raise is from 40% to 60% instead of 100%. Not sure which is correct.

Hi Avonup, IskandarRocks mentioned what he heard about the levy in page 2 of this thread. Please see what he wrote below;

My lawyer believed that most likely the levy will increase to RM 30k but not before June.
There are 2 authorities involved. First one recommends and the second one approves. Apparently, the 30k levy is already recommended and in the hands of the approving body.

Now, this is my lawyers personal opinion - given that the levy has not been revised for a long time and the property prices have gone up significantly, the approval will most likely go through.

Also, based on her past experience in terms of how long it take for approval to go through and implemented, she is estimating June. Of course the outcome and timing may be totally different.

I can see why UEM is being a bit discrete. They do not want to cause panic and resulting flurry of enquiries. Let's just hope that they sort this out sooner than later.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone knows what will happen if government only grant 70% for foreigner buyers? and UEM had oversold their property? Thanks:smile:

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Avonup, IskandarRocks mentioned what he heard about the levy in page 2 of this thread. Please see what he wrote below;

Hi Investor,
I queried UEM, they told me that they are in comms with the authority and was very confident that there is no increase in levy. Lets hope this is the truth.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Investor,
I queried UEM, they told me that they are in comms with the authority and was very confident that there is no increase in levy. Lets hope this is the truth.

Really sounds gd!! Thanks for the effort, Avonup!

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I am a new member here:smile: I bought a semi d @ phase 2 in EL 2010, Completion should be this June 2012 but up til this moment my state consent is still pending.( no news from lawyer) I am interested to know what will happen if gov only grant 70% for foreigner buyers and how UEM going to solve the problem if they have oversold their properties to foreigner?don't tell me they just refund the money and said "SORRY gov disapproved" In this case, what can purchaser do? Thanks:smile:

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I read somewhere that you can add a repeater to boost telco signal in the house. Appreciate anyone who can share their experience with boosting Sg telco signals in EL.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've got questions on mailing letter. Where is the nearest post box in EL? Any post office nearby? how long does it take for a letter to arrive in Sg?

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi neighbours in East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana.
Lets gather here and form a community for easy sharing of information/issues/problems/complaints etc.
Group complain/s can be arranged easily in future if we have good number of neighbours gathering here.

From the list, there are quite a few of us here in this forum;

Investor (East Ledang)
Jogs1 (East Ledang)
captainjones (East Ledang)
Wiseguy (East Ledang)
East539's Sis & Bro in law (East Ledang)
Lynn (East Ledang)
IskandarRocks (East Ledang)
Leisure (East Ledang)
linked (East Ledang)
investjb (Ujana)
limmcd (Ujana)
Blue_S (Ujana)
fairies (Ledang Heights)
mallow (Ledang Heights)
Diaspora (Impiana)

mchia(East ledang)

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I bot a semi d unit in phase 2 late 2010... Should have bot 2! Eagerly waiting for the unit to be completed :-) glad to join the community and let's look out for each other here...