• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

Hi, Ujana is my first property purchased. UEM sell it as an executive apt not condo.What's the difference?

Ujana S&P states maintenance fee of est. 0.40 per sqft Wondering how much is the maintenance fee charges for Impiana and 1medini or other properties in JB? Anyone can share.....

Condo versus apartment? Both are residences. One you buy, the other you rent.

When you are old enough to get sprung from a college dormitory you will most likely move into an apartment with your college friends. Later in life, before you are ready or can afford to settle down and live in a single family dwelling, you may continue living in an apartment. Many people who are not interested in buying or living in a house, have to consider the condo vs. apartment differences, similarities and the overlap.

An apartment is a self-contained unit that utilizes only part of a building. An apartment building can be a large building, with hundreds of apartment units, or a small building with fewer than ten units. If you rent an apartment, you are referred to as a tenant. Apartments are referred to as "flats" in England.

A condo or condominium is a housing unit that you buy, generally in a large multi-unit building or complex. You can think of a condo as an "apartment you own." A condo is sometimes referred to as a co-operative society. You have full ownership of your condo and you can paint it and remodel the interior however you choose, as long as it is in accordance with the condo association ownership rules. When renting an apartment, you are not free to make these changes because you do not own the apartment. This is an important in weighing the condo vs. apartment differences.

Found the above from a website. I don't think the 2 terms are defined exactly the same way in Malaysia, if not, you would be renting a unit in Ujana instead of buying. Why don't you ask UEM directly?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello future neighbours. We bought at Phase 8, just sign the S&P last month from the developer. If you guys don't mind me asking, when did you guys pay the balance of the downpayment? Did you wait for their bill or just pay, cause their precedure said you have pay like 2 weeks after you paid the 10%. Everytime, we call the sales guy, he seems nonchalance. He always said oh! wait for bill but it's more than 2 weeks already. Not that I'm complaining considering we have to pay30% but still confuse with their "don't worry" attitude. Don't want to be penalise for late payment or anything.

1st payment - A few thousand RM as deposit.
2nd payment - (10% of purchase price) minus (your deposit above) within 2 weeks from signing of S&P and paying of deposit.
3rd payment - Wait for UEM's progressive billing.

There's a mistake in your above statement and I've highlighted it in Bold, it should be "2 weeks after you paid the deposit", not "2 weeks after you paid the 10%".

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Investor: Yes, I believe they are sold out. The key selling point was the fact that they were exempt from the min RM 500K requirement for foreigners to buy property. Also, I believe they had a very aggressive marketing and had a significant chunk sold to Japanese investors. In fact, they had been marketing 1 Medini for more than a year before launch.

Hi Jettset: Welcome to the forum. My 2 cents - I dont think you will go wrong with anything around East Ledang. Have you read some of the other threads? Some of the early investors in East Ledang are enjoying significant capital gains. Some are enjoying upto 13% rental yield. Dont get carried away by the fact that Impiana is 70% sold vs. 1 Medini 100%. Have you seen any significant marketing efforts from UEM? Their name and brand sells. Also, remember, UEM are the master developers of Nusajaya. They will make sure all of the amenities and value drivers are near their developments. Moreover, and very important, Impiana is Freehold vs. Medini that is 99 year. I know nobody lives that long, but Freehold always has a perception of infinite ownership, hence higher value, attached to it.

Wondering what Investor or any of the other experts have to say ........

Just my 2 cts. I think Impiana is a BUY -- 10mins drive to Tuas link, prime location next to EduCity. Prices are 460-480psf, compare that with Setia Sky 88 which will launch later this year for almost 700psf, in busy old JB town...

Hi IR,

Thank you for your reply.

Don't know what the other experts have to say but novice Investor me thinks like you do, you have said it all. My 1 cent opinion is that Impiana is a good investment at such a price and in such a location. I think Medini(even though 99 years) and Puteri Harbour are good investments too. In fact, Medini is 99 years because it is prime land - CBD area where best of future amenities will all be located. Eg. Transportations like trains and buses right at your doorstep, shopping mall right beside(where you can find everything like food, supermarket, banks etc etc), offices within walking distance, CPF approved(important factor for retirees from Singapore) Gleneagles hospital being a stone throw away and the list goes on...

East Ledang area, being the immediate FreeHold properties right at the perimeter of Medini(just across a street), will be one of the hottest top-choice for those wealthier ones looking for FreeHold properties near Medini. Not forgetting the super-successful EduCity being right beside East Ledang's community which will boost rental demand, one of the key factor to attract future property investments.

If a property is in a good location but I feel that it is overpriced, I won't consider it a good investment. Thus again, at such price and in such location(to me), I think it's a good investment.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree with Investor, it is a good buy. Pity i am down to my last round and have to keep for a potential investment with a boss here.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree with Investor, it is a good buy. Pity i am down to my last round and have to keep for a potential investment with a boss here.

Thanks Wuqi, just like you, I used to like helping others make profit from lobangs I myself deem very good.
But just like you, I slowly realised that people will doubt your intention for being nice. They will think that you have hidden agenda.
That's why I'm keeping things to myself nowadays. I shared my opinion above because of IR's question.

Moreover, everyone has their own view on an investment, up or down is anybody's guess and I respect that.

Remember around end of last year, quite a few members were warning others with their views that property prices in Nusajaya were overpriced and will drop.
I won't argue with that, but my view then was that there is still a big big room for price appreciation as long as one invests in Nusajaya for a longer term instead of flipping.
Since 2010, I believe my investments in East Ledang will be doubled in price within around 5 years, I consider myself lucky that the price appreciation is well on target now (coming to 50% in just 1.5 years).

I don't have a single unit in Impiana even though I said it's a good investment.
To be transparent to others, all my units are in East Ledang.

spike

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, Ujana is my first property purchased. UEM sell it as an executive apt not condo.What's the difference?

Ujana S&P states maintenance fee of est. 0.40 per sqft Wondering how much is the maintenance fee charges for Impiana and 1medini or other properties in JB? Anyone can share.....

Either 0.33 or 0.36 for Impiana. I might confuse the fig with Imperia.

spike

Alfrescian
Loyal

Either 0.33 or 0.36 for Impiana. I might confuse the fig with Imperia.

spike

Alfrescian
Loyal

Either 0.33 or 0.36 for Impiana. I might confuse it with Imperia.

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st payment - A few thousand RM as deposit.
2nd payment - (10% of purchase price) minus (your deposit above) within 2 weeks from signing of S&P and paying of deposit.
3rd payment - Wait for UEM's progressive billing.

There's a mistake in your above statement and I've highlighted it in Bold, it should be "2 weeks after you paid the deposit", not "2 weeks after you paid the 10%".

Thanks for correcting Investor. All the earlier procedures seems non existence in our case:smile: except paying the booking fee. They are very flexible it seems. So, we should just wait for progressive billing then. Good news all around. Thanks.

Have a nice days ladies and gents.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi all experts,

any idea what is th ecurrent psf price indication for ujana (for sub-sales) ?

which title-type is "stronger" for the Owner, "apartment" or "condo" ?

Thanks

Jettset

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Investor & IR,
I got more details, seems that the leftover units at Impiana are mostly low levels (3rd & 4th floors) and PH... and suspect bumi units? that made up the 30%. that sounds better I suppose.
Investor - I am curious that you do not own Imperia or Impiana or Ujana but mere landed at East Ledang. Would love to hear your view/reasons behind your investments.
would you even consider the (twice the psf) Puteri Harbour launches, that foreigners are picking up?
cheers

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for correcting Investor. All the earlier procedures seems non existence in our case:smile: except paying the booking fee. They are very flexible it seems. So, we should just wait for progressive billing then. Good news all around. Thanks.

Have a nice days ladies and gents.

The question is, have you paid the first 10% of purchased price?
If yes, you can wait for the next progressive bill.
If no, you'll have to make the first 10% payment immediately since it's already more than 2 weeks from the signing of your S&P and paying the deposit).

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Investor - I am curious that you do not own Imperia or Impiana or Ujana but mere landed at East Ledang. Would love to hear your view/reasons behind your investments.
would you even consider the (twice the psf) Puteri Harbour launches, that foreigners are picking up?
cheers

I do have my own 1 cent worth of personal opinion regarding landed in East Ledang versus condos in East Ledang's vicinity, Medini and Puteri Harbour. Again, these are my personal 1 cent opinion, feel free to share your views against mine, we can then learn from each other. There are basically 3 points from me;

1) Pricing and upside potential - I bought East Ledang's landed at around SGD100 psf in 4Q 2010, I believe there's a potential upside of up to triple my buying price in the longer term if Nusajaya does well. The beauty of it is that even if Nusajaya doesn't do all that well, say just 50% successful, the potential is still double my buying price. Comparing this buying price to;
A) Ujana - Good price and good upside at that time but I was too late, all sold out.
B) Impiana - At around SGD2xx psf, triple that to SGD700 psf (RM1700psf) is not quite possible as it's very near to Sg's mass market Executive Condo's price. After all, isn't Iskandar's selling point 'affordability'? Thus, the upside potential is not as good as my investments in landed.
C) 1 Medini - Good point is 'prime land'. To triple the buying price from SGD2xx psf to SGD700psf(RM1700psf) is also quite tough as Nusajaya has to do really well.
D) Imperia - Good point is scarcity of marina development as exclusive as Puteri Harbour in Johor, and the good demand from foreign investors. Around SGD3xx psf and to triple this buying price, it must hit SGD1000 Psf(RM2450 Psf). Possible but I think comparably, it's not as easy as EL landed's price being tripled to RM690psf.
If I were to choose between, Impiana, 1 Medini and Imperia, I would choose 1 Medini and Imperia because 1 Medini is in prime land and Imperia is in a very exclusive Marina area, both have rarity factor when compared to Impiana.

2) Supply - This is comparing East Ledang's landed versus Impiana only as both are FreeHold land right at the outer perimeter of Medini(prime land). Yes, there are plenty of land everywhere in Iskandar but land at the immediate outer perimeter of Medini are limited. Thus as Nusajaya develops futher in the next few years, I believe there will be more supplies of condos in these FreeHold lands at the immediate outer perimeter of Medini. Landed properties like East Ledang can only be built further away from Medini like Gelang Patah etc, thus can't best East Ledang in terms of location. 1 Medini and Imperia at Puteri Harbour are different here as one is inside Medini and the other is in an exclusive Marina area, it's more difficult to build another Medini or another Puteri Harbour nearby. I'm not saying that it is impossible but even if that happens in future, you would have already made good profit from the properties you buy now. Moreover, Nusajaya is going to take many years to develop, if UEM starts another Medini in Nusajaya West, they risk losing the huge number of committed investments in present Medini. UEM already declared that Nusajaya West will be complimenting the present Nusajaya East, not competing. Eventually when Nusajaya is fully developed, they can start another Nusajaya nearby, but that'll be a long long time from now and I would have already cashed out my profit by then.

3) Demand - Presently for landed development like East Ledang, there's a high percentage of foreign buyers(more than 50% are bought by foreigners). Whereas for condos like Impiana(not including condos in Puteri Harbour), the higher percentage of buyers are locals. Thus at present, foreign demands are mostly for landed(and condos in exclusive area like Puteri Harbour). Maybe this will change in the far future when the city is well developed and even foreigners want convenience of location but I think that'll take more than 10 years as transportations like trains etc need to reach an efficient stage for that to happen. So for now till the time I sell, I see foreign demand, which has a much higher buying power than average locals, still going for landed(and condos in PH).

Other members here invested in condos with their own views, one of our members here stated that rental yield is higher than landed. Any views from anyone???

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good analysis Investor!

You should read the Puteri Harbour Community. Looks like there might be some disagreements with your forecasts. :-)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good analysis Investor!

You should read the Puteri Harbour Community. Looks like there might be some disagreements with your forecasts. :-)

Hi IR,

I do believe that Puteri Harbour and Medini has good potentials due to rarity and good foreign demand. Just that comparatively, my own gut feeling (1 cent worth) is that it might be easier for my landed's RM230psf to triple to RM690psf, than PH's RM800psf to triple to RM2,400psf. I can definitely be wrong though :smile: Of course I hope PH's price can hit RM2400psf, that'll be good for all of us!!!

Last edited:

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question is, have you paid the first 10% of purchased price?
If yes, you can wait for the next progressive bill.
If no, you'll have to make the first 10% payment immediately since it's already more than 2 weeks from the signing of your S&P and paying the deposit).

Yes, we made the 10% within 2 weeks.

Jettset

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good stuff Investor!
I am in agreement re landed vs apartment. I picked up Impiana last year because I was in the market but most developers were not ready to launch. There weren't as much newsflow or confirmation of what Khazanah intended for iskandar as yet. I didnt want to buy an existing asset then, just an option. 1Medini, well that one took a year to launch due to delays in approvals! The beauty of buying from developers, its a bit of an option - downpayment and wait without having to worry about tenants as yet. Afterall Iskandar will take 2-3years to mature. in hindsight, after all the confirmed G2G newsflow, I shd have bought the EL landed instead of Impiana... still it was a cheap option at sub S$200psf.
The other reason for apartment is that I think the profile of tenants for the early years will prefer apartments due to (i) security (ii) ease of management given tenants will have higher ratio of non-families. tenants like teachers, students, contractors/engineers for a project (thus commuting), couples (Sg couples without kids), weekend homes for Singaporeans. Not that I dont think there is a market for landed, in fact I think Marlborough college will bring lots of families with good budget into the community..but that will come in stronger flow a few years out. Families just need more time and conviction and need to see Iskandar a little more matured, and less construction sites.
Having said that, I did buy a plot at Leisure Farm because I cld buy it lower psf to Ledang Heights. Its a beautiful development, with great security as well as serenity (very low density). And oh, btw, E&O will have a huge couple hundred acre where bulk of it will be landed... so more high quality landed coming up for you to pick up next year
I am trying to wrap my head around Puteri Harbour though.. and the very high optimism there. RM1100psf is pretty steep for a yet to be developed area - ie read execution risk by uem land. Why do you guys think it might get to RM2500? I suppose if it is well executed to attract the high profile customers and they all come about without hitches (uem is great but unproven on highend market)? I was just thinking if its a family living in Iskandar, at that budget, wouldn't they get a bungalow nearby? I suppose its individuals with big budget or weekend homes? Obviously I am rambling with my half cent view... love to hear the bulls out there. open mind to be convinced!
cheers

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi IR,

I do believe that Puteri Harbour and Medini has good potentials due to rarity and good foreign demand. Just that comparatively, my own gut feeling (1 cent worth) is that it might be easier for my landed's RM230psf to triple to RM690psf, than PH's RM800psf to triple to RM2,400psf. I can definitely be wrong though :smile: Of course I hope PH's price can hit RM2400psf, that'll be good for all of us!!!

Hi Investor, whether PH can hit that level or not is anybody's guess, at this point. I have no problems with the optimist and the pessimist alike. It is always good to hear them all. But you are absolutely right on the fact that if the prices reach that level, it is good for everyone who have already invested in and around the area. If something spectacular happens in PH, it will drive up the surrounding areas as well.

I am also wondering - your idea of tripling your investment (which BTW, I feel is very realistic, given your entry price) is driven by the timing as well, and not just the development. If you entered the market in 2010, and by the time Imperia, Impiana and 1 Medini were launched (2H 2011), you must have have already seen a fair bit of appreciation, right?