• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

I think it is due to the direction we face (EDIT - "South East" facing has the best signal for me). I also have a Starhub line and I still get a signal, though it is not strong (1-2 bars). However, it could be just that the phone on Starhub is crappy (old iPhone 3G). I will try swapping the SIM cards to see if it is just the phone.

I think it should be Starhub's weak signal, I get 1 to 2 bar even though I'm at home in Sg.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for your reply Wuqi.

No worries, for complete safety, one can follow some developers and electrified certain areas(not common fence)

Best is always to have a combination of passive defences and sensors + cameras. Even when sensors are not available,
one can also tie empty soda (perforated at the bottom) cans with little bells or metal pieces inside them to fences where
its adjacent to empty land, etc and not facing the road. There should ideally be motion sensing spotlights if budget allows
to shine instantly on activity outside the fence. Even solar powered ones are available via ebay these days and are great
to have especially if they are set on the motion sensing mode so they conserve their batteries.

Any gates or opening in the fences should have their hinges pinned or welded to prevent lifting.
These little cans will make noise and help guards and owners alike to know when someone is at the fence.

Areas where its supposed to have no access should be reinforced with concertina wire on the external side of the fence
or 3 strands of barbed wire over a regular wire fence.

Bush, trees or shrubs and even man made objects outside or even inside within 1 metre of the fence should be removed
and trees trimmed regularly to prevent people from using them to scale and make their way in.

Where possible, any gaps between the fence and the ground should be filled or shored up with concrete. Any external
features of a wall or a fence which makes it easier to climb should be removed.

A useful guide to hardening the interior, etc
http://www.ou.edu/oupd/hhown.htm

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, for complete safety, one can follow some developers and electrified certain areas(not common fence)

There should ideally be motion sensing spotlights if budget allows
to shine instantly on activity outside the fence. Even solar powered ones are available via ebay these days and are great
to have especially if they are set on the motion sensing mode so they conserve their batteries.

Yes, you can get a battery operated motion sensing spotlight (7 Watts LEDs with 2 torches. Angle adjustable). Batteries will last about 7 mths. I bought one from Japan for about S$30. The brightness is quite good too. Running on batteries also save you the trouble of a electric cable connection.

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you can get a battery operated motion sensing spotlight (7 Watts LEDs with 2 torches. Angle adjustable). Batteries will last about 7 mths. I bought one from Japan for about S$30. The brightness is quite good too. Running on batteries also save you the trouble of a electric cable connection.

To share, I recently bought 3 units of Mr Beams MB360 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell (weatherproof) from Amazon at about USD$20 per light. They are pretty bright (140 Lumens) even though they use one LED and have a good sensor range (est. 25ft). I am happy with them as they serve my needs.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, your development won award. Just to share. Happy for u :smile:

UEM Land, Naza, Opus lauded at the Asia-Pacific Property Awards

May 3, 2012 - HomeGuru.com.my

UEM Land Holdings Bhd (pictured), Naza TTDI Sdn Bhd and Opus Group Bhd were among the companies honoured for their excellent projects during the 2012 Asia-Pacific Property Awards, which was held at Kuala Lumpur last week.

East Ledang project - UEM Land's gated garden community located at Nusajaya - was awarded with the Best Architecture Multiple Residence in the Asia-Pacific region. Aside from that, the developer also bagged three national-level commendations.

These includes Highly Commended award in mixed-use development category for the Puteri Harbour in Nusajaya as well as the high-rise architecture and commercial high-rise development for the Angkasa Raya in Kuala Lumpur.

Meanwhile, Naza TTDI clinched five awards, including the two Five Star' awards in the Best Public Service Architecture and Best Public Service Development categories for its mosque in Section 13, Shah Alam.

The developer also clinched the Highly Commended' award for Developer Website for its online portal; a five star award in the Best Office Architecture, Malaysia category for its Naza Tower at Platinum Park; and another five star award in the Best Commercial High-rise Development Malaysia for the third and fourth phase of Platinum Park project.

On the other hand, Opus International Consultants Ltd, a New Zealand-listed consultancy firm and the international unit of Opus, has bagged Best Public Service Architecture Asia Pacific award.

In addition to this, the company has also been acknowledged for its Wilson Special Needs School in Auckland, New Zealand and bagged the five star award in the Public Service Architecture New Zealand.

Jujube

Alfrescian
Loyal
East Ledang
Investor
Jogs1
captainjones
Wiseguy
East539's Sis & Bro in law
Lynn
IskandarRocks
Leisure
linked
Matix
Polymin
Niczap
Lemans2011
Serenity
mchia
dragonlance
Ribbon

Ujana
Investjb
Limmcd
Blue_S
Avelc
Jujube

Ledang Heights
Fairies
Mallow
Nusajaya

Impiana
Diaspora
muncheah
kenken
Nusajaya
Investjb

New member join the community

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
The warranty by UEM Land for phase 1 East Ledang is over, heard from an ex Land Office (Johor) guy that developer still have a responsibility to repair structural damage like cracks and leakages for free even after the warranty period, anyone care to share.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East Ledang
Investor
Jogs1
captainjones
Wiseguy
East539's Sis & Bro in law
Lynn
IskandarRocks
Leisure
linked
Matix
Polymin
Niczap
Lemans2011
Serenity
mchia
dragonlance
Ribbon

Ujana
Investjb
Limmcd
Blue_S
Avelc
Jujube

Ledang Heights
Fairies
Mallow
Nusajaya

Impiana
Diaspora
muncheah
kenken
Nusajaya
Investjb
Jettset

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took my wife over to the newly opened Angsana spa at the Ledang Retreat. The 50% promotion is over, however, they have a 30% off promo going on. This makes the prices still not to bad given it is Angasana. My wife feedback on facilities, and quality of service was 'Excellent'. Highly recommended to give it a try.

We later had lunch at one of the restaurants, Chemistry. I ordered the Chicken Burrito and they made a Vegetarian Burrito, not in the menu, for my wife. It was not quite the traditional Burrito, but more snacky, with a crispy wrap, quite light. The taste was really good.

Overall, quite impressed with the facilities and pricing!

We could see Melody Park come up very nice. The main structures of the Bungalows are complete.

Ujana, they have the glass windows installed on the lower and mid-floors. Looks like this will take another 6-8 months. Impiana, they are still doing the foundation, so a long way to go.

In a distance we could see 5-6 massive excavators busy at work at Medini. Looks like the project is on 'Fast Track'.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I took my wife over to the newly opened Angsana spa at the Ledang Retreat. The 50% promotion is over, however, they have a 30% off promo going on. This makes the prices still not to bad given it is Angasana. My wife feedback on facilities, and quality of service was 'Excellent'. Highly recommended to give it a try.

We later had lunch at one of the restaurants, Chemistry. I ordered the Chicken Burrito and they made a Vegetarian Burrito, not in the menu, for my wife. It was not quite the traditional Burrito, but more snacky, with a crispy wrap, quite light. The taste was really good.

Overall, quite impressed with the facilities and pricing!

We could see Melody Park come up very nice. The main structures of the Bungalows are complete.

Ujana, they have the glass windows installed on the lower and mid-floors. Looks like this will take another 6-8 months. Impiana, they are still doing the foundation, so a long way to go.

In a distance we could see 5-6 massive excavators busy at work at Medini. Looks like the project is on 'Fast Track'.

Great update IR! We like the food and ambiance of the restaurants at The Ledang too, and the squeaky clean 5-Stars washroom.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi am new to this forum... pls add me to the group. I have a unit at Impiana ... am wondering if I made the right decision? its only 70% sold vs 1Medini fully sold!

1 Medini is fully sold?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

1 Medini is fully sold?

Hi Investor: Yes, I believe they are sold out. The key selling point was the fact that they were exempt from the min RM 500K requirement for foreigners to buy property. Also, I believe they had a very aggressive marketing and had a significant chunk sold to Japanese investors. In fact, they had been marketing 1 Medini for more than a year before launch.

Hi Jettset: Welcome to the forum. My 2 cents - I dont think you will go wrong with anything around East Ledang. Have you read some of the other threads? Some of the early investors in East Ledang are enjoying significant capital gains. Some are enjoying upto 13% rental yield. Dont get carried away by the fact that Impiana is 70% sold vs. 1 Medini 100%. Have you seen any significant marketing efforts from UEM? Their name and brand sells. Also, remember, UEM are the master developers of Nusajaya. They will make sure all of the amenities and value drivers are near their developments. Moreover, and very important, Impiana is Freehold vs. Medini that is 99 year. I know nobody lives that long, but Freehold always has a perception of infinite ownership, hence higher value, attached to it.

Wondering what Investor or any of the other experts have to say ........

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Investor: Yes, I believe they are sold out. The key selling point was the fact that they were exempt from the min RM 500K requirement for foreigners to buy property. Also, I believe they had a very aggressive marketing and had a significant chunk sold to Japanese investors. In fact, they had been marketing 1 Medini for more than a year before launch.

Hi Jettset: Welcome to the forum. My 2 cents - I dont think you will go wrong with anything around East Ledang. Have you read some of the other threads? Some of the early investors in East Ledang are enjoying significant capital gains. Some are enjoying upto 13% rental yield. Dont get carried away by the fact that Impiana is 70% sold vs. 1 Medini 100%. Have you seen any significant marketing efforts from UEM? Their name and brand sells. Also, remember, UEM are the master developers of Nusajaya. They will make sure all of the amenities and value drivers are near their developments. Moreover, and very important, Impiana is Freehold vs. Medini that is 99 year. I know nobody lives that long, but Freehold always has a perception of infinite ownership, hence higher value, attached to it.

Wondering what Investor or any of the other experts have to say ........

Just my 2 cts. I think Impiana is a BUY -- 10mins drive to Tuas link, prime location next to EduCity. Prices are 460-480psf, compare that with Setia Sky 88 which will launch later this year for almost 700psf, in busy old JB town...

Jujube

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, Ujana is my first property purchased. UEM sell it as an executive apt not condo.What's the difference?

Ujana S&P states maintenance fee of est. 0.40 per sqft Wondering how much is the maintenance fee charges for Impiana and 1medini or other properties in JB? Anyone can share.....

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello future neighbours. We bought at Phase 8, just sign the S&P last month from the developer. If you guys don't mind me asking, when did you guys pay the balance of the downpayment? Did you wait for their bill or just pay, cause their precedure said you have pay like 2 weeks after you paid the 10%. Everytime, we call the sales guy, he seems nonchalance. He always said oh! wait for bill but it's more than 2 weeks already. Not that I'm complaining considering we have to pay30% but still confuse with their "don't worry" attitude. Don't want to be penalise for late payment or anything.