• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Hi everyone, I am a new member here. I heard of this site from a friend and would like to exchange info with all of you here.

I bought a semi d too @ phase 2 in 2010 and has encountered the same like mchia. My law firm is HH Long and they told me exactly what mchia had mentioned.
I am interested to know whether all my friends here plan to move in and stay there once the hse is ready or just for investment? How to do it if family has children who are still schooling, prepared to travel everyday in and out? Anyone here has already signed up for MM2H? Thanks:smile:

Hi Ribbon, many who are staying in Johor and doing daily commute to Sg either for work or kids' schooling are having discussions in the main thread http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?107411-Living-in-JB-2-(Johore)/page292. Maybe you'll get more responses there with regards to your questions. As for me, I've bought units in EL for investment and weekend stay purpose. Will use it as retirement home in future.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Hi, I spoke to the lawyer today and was told that actually our state consent have been approved(refer to phase2). However, it has been expired cos have not rec'd the doc 'title entitlement' from UEM and now need to renew it. She said that renewal should not be a problem. Hope that UEM can solve the land authority with Maybank asap. Now the law firm is still waiting for this 'quick rent' doc from UEM for renewal. Does anyone knows what doc is'Quick rent'???
Investor maybe u can check with your lawyer whether yr state consent expired??? sound complicated right? sometimes I am not too sure too.:confused:
By the way, many thanks to all who share information here.

Hi mchia,
My State Consent is already secured and not pending any document from UEM. I have the same issue as you previously. I found out about the issue when my bank failed to disburse the first progressive payment to UEM. I called my lawyer at that time and they told me that they are still waiting for certain document from UEM as UEM have charged the said property to some bank and pending release or something like that.

Anyway, they settled the issue and my bank had disbursed the 1st payment around 3 months ago. I don't think you need to worry as things will eventually be settled. Moreover, since your bank didn't disburse payment because of this issue, it has saved you a few thousand dollars on bank's interest. I've already paid 2 months of interest and it's almost RM700 each month for only the first disbursement amount which is only 10% of purchase price. Say if there wasn't any issue on UEM's part and say your bank has till date disbursed eg 70% of purchase price, your monthly interest can be almost RM5k per month. A blessing in disguise don't you think?

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Investor!

I checked with the lawyer again and she confirmed that there is no issue with Phase 3A and the State Consent should be coming any day.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Investor!

I checked with the lawyer again and she confirmed that there is no issue with Phase 3A and the State Consent should be coming any day.

That's good :smile:
By the way, just curious whether you're interested in the upcoming final phase of semi-d with lake view.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's good :smile:
By the way, just curious whether you're interested in the upcoming final phase of semi-d with lake view.

Hi Investor,

I did hear about the SemiD as well as zero lot bungalows from the sales lady at East Ledang. To be honest, I have not given much thought because so far I am quite happy and satisfied with what I have already got into.

That said, 1.8M for a SemiD sounds a bit over the top. But then, even Puteri Harbour sounded overpriced at 600-800 psf not too long ago, however, current launches are asking around 1000.

Cheers,
IR

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor,

I did hear about the SemiD as well as zero lot bungalows from the sales lady at East Ledang. To be honest, I have not given much thought because so far I am quite happy and satisfied with what I have already got into.

That said, 1.8M for a SemiD sounds a bit over the top. But then, even Puteri Harbour sounded overpriced at 600-800 psf not too long ago, however, current launches are asking around 1000.

Cheers,
IR

Dear IR,
Which launches are at 1000psf?

Cheers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow bro, so ex ... I thought around 100 bucks only ... Hmmmm!

Got, its just that the ones i listed are dual band. The one i bought earlier was only for 900mhz and was less than 200 SGD all in with shipping.
Problem is, it doesn't work as well, thats why dual band is better.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IR,

For Phase 2, I paid the levy to my lawyer on 27/8/2010 but I don't know when did the lawyer submit the request for State Consent.
Received the approval on 5/1/2011.
Thus for my case, it took around slightly more than 4 months from payment date to lawyer(not submission date from lawyer to Authority).
*I'm not sure whether or not it has expired as mentioned by mchia.

For Phase 7, I paid the levy to my lawyer on 23/10/2010.
18 months have passed already but still no news of State Consent.

Hi Investor,

My lawyer confirmed yesterday that the approval has been received. The date of approval was April 19, so took slightly lees than a month since submission to the Authority.

Cheers,
IR

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lennyjames,
So your unit is in Phase 1?
Are you staying there and working in Sg?

Hello Investor - yes, I am staying here and working in SG. I have a flexi schedule and am in SG, 2-3 days a week. I always just take the bus across and make my way from there.

We are in Phase 1 and were the 4th or 5th family to move it. It was like a ghost town then! :biggrin:

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Investor - yes, I am staying here and working in SG. I have a flexi schedule and am in SG, 2-3 days a week. I always just take the bus across and make my way from there.

We are in Phase 1 and were the 4th or 5th family to move it. It was like a ghost town then! :biggrin:

Hi, how is the occupancy rate there now? I am worried that most people who bought EL were just for investment purpose. Feel a bit strange to live without neighbours...

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, how is the occupancy rate there now? I am worried that most people who bought EL were just for investment purpose. Feel a bit strange to live without neighbours...

Phase 1 is about 90% occupied (about 140-150 homes). The "ghost town" feel was about 2 years ago. Now it is really nice and with all age groups here - kids on their bikes and playing soccer, and oldies getting fresh air :smile: Each row of houses along each street probably have about 2 houses that are not occupied at the moment.

We know more than a few neighbors that commute to SG everyday.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wow! Salute! Are you Singaporean?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Phase 1 is about 90% occupied (about 140-150 homes). The "ghost town" feel was about 2 years ago. Now it is really nice and with all age groups here - kids on their bikes and playing soccer, and oldies getting fresh air :smile: Each row of houses along each street probably have about 2 houses that are not occupied at the moment.

Wow 90% is really high. Did you include the weekenders in the 90%?

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really nice to hear that. Sound like it is really a nice place to stay.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi future neighbour Lennyjames,

Since many of you have been staying in East Ledang for so long, do you know how our security fence work?
As in, will any alarm be triggered when an intruder either;
1) Climb over the fence
2) Cut the fence
3) Blind the video camera

Has any alarm been triggered so far in 2 years?
Or there isn't any such alarm at all except for the alarm in each individual house.
Because if there isn't any such alarm for the outer fencing, it means that we have to depend on the constant eye surveillance of the guards on duty which is totally useless as no one guard will really be watching the monitor screen whole day.