• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, so far make appoitment with a few contractors expecting to be notified by guards via intercom when they arrived... But they were able to drive right to my doorstep by just providing the address.

Hi Matix,

Do you have intercom linked to the guard house?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone in the handover department told me they will start in 2-3 weeks. They will do it in a phased manner.

Based on my phase 3a experience, don't have very high expectations. Expect long delays in the defect rectification process. They will start with a bang then trickle down to a whimper. Lots of promises, very little action. Deadlines and promised dates mean nothing. What is promised in a week could easily be a month. It's almost like standing and watching paint dry up on wall.

My 2c, be on top of things. Be prepared to make frequent trips. Chase them to death. Be ready to escalate to senior management. Last but not the least, make sure you reiterate all communications by email and document everything. Click pictures and attach them to your email communications in a PDF file.

Oh, unless you are in a big rush, don't start your renovation before they do defect rectification. As long as it takes. Otherwise the blame game and finger pointing will start. I made that mistake. One more tip - don't be too nice. The stick works better than the carrot. Learnt that the hard way as well.

Good luck bro! As much as you have just heard me whining and complaining, overall, I am still very happy with what I got for the price paid. I have no regrets about my decision to buy from them and would recommend them in a heartbeat. UEM is a great company overall. It is just that the project department that needs to get their act together. I am sure they will get there. Rest of the departments rock!

Bro,

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice. Good tips.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cos' i rent out cheap cheap as always...

Haha LeMans,

You have a PM again.

By the way, your rent is really high for today's market. That amount will make all the property owners in Iskandar say, "WHAT!!! Don't bluff lah". Hahaha! Congratulations bro. Did your tenant request for full furnishing? Is your rental agreement 1 year or 2 years?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that Phase 3B and Phase 6A have started handing out keys.

Any comments from those who have collected keys, on overall quality and workmanship, will be appreciated.

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
They uem workmanship is too bad ! Until now my swimming pool still can not working well and the wall come out water when raining day !!! Becafuly !

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
They uem workmanship is too bad ! Until now my swimming pool still can not working well and the wall come out water when raining day !!! Becafuly !

Wow, that does not sound good bro! Looks like you have been having this swimming pool issue for a while. More like a swimming pain than a swimming pool!

Have you spoken with your lawyer if they are still withholding the last payment? You can actually have it repaired by another contractor and claim against the amount in case UEM cannot rectify the defect.

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, that does not sound good bro! Looks like you have been having this swimming pool issue for a while. More like a swimming pain than a swimming pool!

Have you spoken with your lawyer if they are still withholding the last payment? You can actually have it repaired by another contractor and claim against the amount in case UEM cannot rectify the defect.

Not ! Bro ! I do have any time to do this thing ! Uem only said will rectify but no people to do it ! Only wait !!!!!

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Anyone engage professional like architech/ professional house inspection to inspect your house during vacant possession ?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Can I have the agent Rashidah contact,not that I want to rent out now,but I believe it will come handy one of this day,beside she's cute little lady,thanks. :-)