• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

ddenSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
would like to see some pics of what you consider not good finishing works.... its hard to comment without seeing .

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really happy with the workmanship too. Untidy finishing work and lots of other things. First house here but for a"high end" housing thattheymarket it for, it's disappointing. The folding door doesn't even installed properly. There is a huge gap at the top. Have anyone manage to get them fixed?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bathroom stanless steel bar that rust. Sliding door roller that stuck. Cement mark on tiles. Scratch on wood floor. Small hold on bath tub. Its like Why install something that have minor defect. Fixing these small problem is big work

niczap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally see, touch and feel my phase 7 house. Workmanship not to my expectation for a high end house. I dont have any baseline because never bought a upper end house.

Stuff bother me are detail finishing works....

What do you guys think?

Hi, I took VP of my phase 7 corner terrace this week. I suggest you start making a list of the things that are truly rusted, broken, not working - and present them to the handover office (Anjung's side). Yes it's inconvenient because it will take time and it's appointment based for UEM's team to inspect with you. In my case, generally the initial VP inspection went well. The plumber, alarm fellow & site manager were present. I was picky too and requested my alarm panels to be changed (my unit was used as alarm test unit). In Malaysia, a standard completion will just be a shell. My unit was thoroughly cleaned. Airconds tested ok. Quality of the house will need next 24months to test esp leaking issue.

teowpm

Hi everyone, I'm going to get the keys for phase 7 link duplex soon. Need advice from folks here

1. There is a late interest charge that UEM is charging me? I have paid up everything I need in cash and the rest from bank loan, so why are they charging me this? pretty big amount at 20k+

2. Will UEM pay me for late delivery? what is the late delivery penalty that UEM is obligated to pay?

3. I am concern about the quality of my house since the project has been delayed for so long and they have to rectify all the poor finishings/fittings. Has anyone got their keys to phase 7 unit? How is the quality? what should I be watching out for?

4. What is the current valuation of a link duplex phase 7 east ledang unit?

5. If i rent it out, what is the market rate now?

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I'm going to get the keys for phase 7 link duplex soon. Need advice from folks here

1. There is a late interest charge that UEM is charging me? I have paid up everything I need in cash and the rest from bank loan, so why are they charging me this? pretty big amount at 20k+

2. Will UEM pay me for late delivery? what is the late delivery penalty that UEM is obligated to pay?

3. I am concern about the quality of my house since the project has been delayed for so long and they have to rectify all the poor finishings/fittings. Has anyone got their keys to phase 7 unit? How is the quality? what should I be watching out for?

4. What is the current valuation of a link duplex phase 7 east ledang unit?

5. If i rent it out, what is the market rate now?

Phase 8 owner here...

1) They will waive all the charges if the late payments are through not fault of yours.
2) Yes. You will received a huge late delivery compensation from UEM. For Phase 7 owners whose delay is longer than us Phase 8, easily more than RM100K will be paid, I estimate...
3) Quality is a bit of a let down. But personally for us, we have such low expectations in the first place for a Malaysia property, even a so called high end one. So we are happy actually, especially when you walk around the quiet enviroment in the estate itself. The lighting in the garden in btw Phase 7 and 8 at night is awesome! Focus more on the positives and not negatives... For one, Phase 7 owners bought even lower than us Phase 8! I understand it is 10% lower! :smile:

4) and 5) I don't know enough to comment so have to wait for others to jump in.

niczap

Alfrescian
Loyal
To answer Teowpm question on rental rate for phase 7/8, I was told by a contractor working on a phase 8 corner terrace that his client sealed Rm8000/mth rental for fully furnished (full kitchen, lights, Aircond, beds & shelves)-from expat family. I do not know the owner so this is hearsay. I however visited the unit briefly to assess the contractor's handy work which was very well presented.

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, anyone collected keys for EL phase 3B yet?
Heard they are releasing or have released keys to some units this week.

How's the quality? Hope all of you have a good week ahead.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, anyone collected keys for EL phase 3B yet?
Heard they are releasing or have released keys to some units this week.

How's the quality? Hope all of you have a good week ahead.

Someone in the handover department told me they will start in 2-3 weeks. They will do it in a phased manner.

Based on my phase 3a experience, don't have very high expectations. Expect long delays in the defect rectification process. They will start with a bang then trickle down to a whimper. Lots of promises, very little action. Deadlines and promised dates mean nothing. What is promised in a week could easily be a month. It's almost like standing and watching paint dry up on wall.

My 2c, be on top of things. Be prepared to make frequent trips. Chase them to death. Be ready to escalate to senior management. Last but not the least, make sure you reiterate all communications by email and document everything. Click pictures and attach them to your email communications in a PDF file.

Oh, unless you are in a big rush, don't start your renovation before they do defect rectification. As long as it takes. Otherwise the blame game and finger pointing will start. I made that mistake. One more tip - don't be too nice. The stick works better than the carrot. Learnt that the hard way as well.

Good luck bro! As much as you have just heard me whining and complaining, overall, I am still very happy with what I got for the price paid. I have no regrets about my decision to buy from them and would recommend them in a heartbeat. UEM is a great company overall. It is just that the project department that needs to get their act together. I am sure they will get there. Rest of the departments rock!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More than 1 year has passed since I last sent 2 or 3 emails to UEM to inform them about the ugly pond/swamp in Phase 2 which they 'sold' as 'Swan Lake' in their beautiful marketing materials in 2010. I didn't receive any reply from UEM for more than 1 year, not until yesterday.

Was surprised to receive a call from UEM yesterday, updating me of their 'make-over' work-in-progress for the Swan Lake. UEM informed me that they had already rebuilt a brand new Pavilion in the middle of the lake. They had planted more trees around the lake and also added exercise equipments along the footpath which goes around the lake. Next, they will be treating the water of the lake. They had already engaged water-treament experts to treat the water of the lake(to make the lake look nice and clean instead of muddy). I'm especially impressed with the last part regarding the treatment of the water.

UEM will be selling properties in Nusajaya for a few decades, I guess they need to maintain their maiden project, East Ledang, well in order to attract more buyers from future generations, even if it means using UEM's fund apart from maintenance fees collected(Phase 2 owners haven't even started paying maintenance fees yet as we were given 18 months free, all these upgrades and maintenances of common compound were paid by UEM so far). Seems like we are the lucky ones, without such funds to upgrade and maintain the common compound, the whole environment will slowly deteriorate.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor san,
Good to hear that the finally respond to you. My take is it really depends on the people on the ground that handles the Project. My contractor told me about which main con went bust, which ones were better etc. But the Sunrise people seems to have injected some sanity back to the Project. I had my phase 8 handed over, done up, rented out, all within 2 months plus. I must say the cute little lady Rashidah did a good job. That Eddie guy is full of shit and useless, I have not seen him around for a while.

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpgimage.jpg-what the uem project doing ? From jan I complain utill now my swing pools system is wrong design , when raining my swimming is become like that ,,,,,, pools pools

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor san,
Good to hear that the finally respond to you. My take is it really depends on the people on the ground that handles the Project. My contractor told me about which main con went bust, which ones were better etc. But the Sunrise people seems to have injected some sanity back to the Project. I had my phase 8 handed over, done up, rented out, all within 2 months plus. I must say the cute little lady Rashidah did a good job. That Eddie guy is full of shit and useless, I have not seen him around for a while.

Quick turnaround. Congrats! I am still struggling after 5 months. Ya, that Eddie guy is the most useless.

Anyway, if you have a decent agent to recommend, please let me know. So far, I have come across a few useless ones as well. Thanks in advance.

Mu8811

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guard house for this taman is too low class !!! Who also can come ours ,,,,,!,,,,,,! Bad bad !!! Sure happen some case in this taman !!!

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guard house for this taman is too low class !!! Who also can come ours ,,,,,!,,,,,,! Bad bad !!! Sure happen some case in this taman !!!

Yes, so far make appoitment with a few contractors expecting to be notified by guards via intercom when they arrived... But they were able to drive right to my doorstep by just providing the address.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investor san,

LeMans2011 san,

You have a PM.

Congrats man, 2 months to do up the house and rent out is really really fast and you've done it again. Thumbs up to you.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 16111View attachment 16110-what the uem project doing ? From jan I complain utill now my swing pools system is wrong design , when raining my swimming is become like that ,,,,,, pools pools

Bro,

1) Sent them an official notice of defect claim via email(for the record).
2) If nothing is done in one month, sent them another reminder email.
3) If nothing is done in another 2 weeks, you can proceed to get your own contractor to rectify the defect and claim from UEM(SPA lawyer still holds a part of our purchase price with them for such a claim from us purchasers).