• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Thanks for the clarification!
But I guess UEM Is gonna pay a lot for those buyer in P8 or 7 for their late hand over which they promise within 24months...

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just got a call from UEM head office in Kuala Lumpur...
They say that the upper management is looking at my case seriously but how far is true, I just got to wait for the time...
If they ever admit to their mistakes, the have to pay me 12mths of the late delay.
Keep my finger cross...

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let me clarify investor for all the months and dates...
I sign the SPA with UEM on 25 Sep 2010 and took an approved loan with UOB bank on the month of Oct 2010.
UEM issue LAD was to me on 21st Jan 2013.
I Got my house key on 25th Sep 2013, so is this Call VP..?
this should be the correct dates to clarify.
So to let all buyers knows that I'm facing this issue with UEM
According to UEM, they say UOB did not pay them so that is why they couldn't give me the keys...
Check with my banker, they say UEM have not Got the title deed from Maybank which they took to finance this whole project....
I'm not a developer, so I'm not too sure all the terms here.
But I call UEM every month in the year 2013 to ask about my house key and finally in the month of sep 2013 I finally got it.

Hi Glenngates, VP is the date whereby developer(UEM) states that units are ready and buyers can collect their keys, not the date you collect your keys. For your case, UOB didn't pay UEM and thus UEM cannot release your unit, that by itself is fair to both parties. But the thing is that there can be different reasons for such a delay, thus investigation is needed.

If it is later found after investigation that the delay was caused by your bank(UOB) or your lawyer, you'll be the one liable for the late-payment interest due to UEM. But if it is found that the delay was caused by UEM, then UEM will cancel out the portion of the late-payment interest which was due to their own delay.

I think you are right in your case that if UEM was the one who caused the delay which resulted in UOB being unable to release payment and thus UEM themselves ended up delaying the handover of your unit to you, then UEM should pay you LAD up till the date they resolved their own issue. That's my thought. Don't worry though, if they really find that it was their delay, they'll surely pay you without batting an eyelid. So far, they have paid more than one bungalow buyers of Phase Two - RM2xx,xxx each. As for Phase Three, most of the buyers will soon be getting RM2xx,xxx each.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Glenngates, VP is the date whereby developer(UEM) states that units are ready and buyers can collect their keys, not the date you collect your keys. For your case, UOB didn't pay UEM and thus UEM cannot release your unit, that by itself is fair to both parties. But the thing is that there can be different reasons for such a delay, thus investigation is needed.

If it is later found after investigation that the delay was caused by your bank(UOB) or your lawyer, you'll be the one liable for the late-payment interest due to UEM. But if it is found that the delay was caused by UEM, then UEM will cancel out the portion of the late-payment interest which was due to their own delay.

I think you are right in your case that if UEM was the one who caused the delay which resulted in UOB being unable to release payment and thus UEM themselves ended up delaying the handover of your unit to you, then UEM should pay you LAD up till the date they resolved their own issue. That's my thought. Don't worry though, if they really find that it was their delay, they'll surely pay you without batting an eyelid. So far, they have paid more than one bungalow buyers of Phase Two - RM2xx,xxx each. As for Phase Three, most of the buyers will soon be getting RM2xx,xxx each.

I just want to share my experience with regards to this.

It also happen to me that UEM claimed that the bank did not release one of the payment.

Upon checking with the bank and they told me that the cheque had been issued to UEM.

With that info, went back to the UEM Credit Control and make them go through their records and it was discovered that they have banked the cheque to another unit payment through a internal mix-up. So sometimes this sort of errors happens and both sides will claim that they are right in the sense the bank had released and UEM did not received per their record. Have to checked through and see where the error is and it is easily settled.

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok so did they pay u the late delivery fee..
Or did u manage to collect ur keys within 24 months..?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Accompanied my friend to take possession of his Melody Pk 3A, the credit control gal handed the LAD letter to my friend, his eyes glitter upon seeing the RM243,000/= payment that he will be receiving in 3 weeks time. This is UEM, if it is their fault, they are committed to pay the penalty. Sometimes they do screw up, due to admin, but they would not shirk their responsibility.

ddenSG

Alfrescian
Loyal

WOW... that is really a lot of extra cash..... will surely pay for the top end renovations & furnishings..... lucky guy! ! !

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update on my phase 8. Late interest are waived. All 23k of them..... and on top of that i am receiving 77k for late delivery.

Couldnt be more happy.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Accompanied my friend to take possession of his Melody Pk 3A, the credit control gal handed the LAD letter to my friend, his eyes glitter upon seeing the RM243,000/= payment that he will be receiving in 3 weeks time. This is UEM, if it is their fault, they are committed to pay the penalty. Sometimes they do screw up, due to admin, but they would not shirk their responsibility.

It amazes me how easily they issue out a cheque. Seems like just the 2 junior girls do the calculation, the manager sign, that's it.
I din't even bother to check the exact calculation as i know the number is "around there". Also it is really strange they hand me the house without the taps installed... all in i assess they still cheat us by about a month. But at the same time it looks to me they make a much better effort to clean and touch up the house this time. At least the garden grass looks presentable and the ground is even.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: East Ledang Phase 8

Has anyone taken key for Phase 8? Any issues with quality etc.? :smile:

I took possession on a day with very heavy rain. There were a few drops of water on the staircase from the skylight. I notice the skylight is made up of 6 separate panels of glass and not one, that area will need to be properly sealed.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The late interest fees are all system generated. Most of the cases it is due to the delay in disbursement because UEM's own banker delayed in releasing the charge on the land. And since most of us use the same lawyer which represented UEM, they did secure a letter in the beginning from UEM acknowledging the delay is due to their own fault and buyers will not be charged interest. So yeah, unless your own lawyer or bank screwed up badly, most cases will have the interests waived and LD offered.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes. i will be installing unifi (i think 1st yr free from uem). thot it is better to hv a mobile internet as a standby, in case unifi fails on certain day.

I'm a little confused as i don't see "free Unifi" on my sales form. However they asked me to sign a Unifi form for their submission.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm a little confused as i don't see "free Unifi" on my sales form. However they asked me to sign a Unifi form for their submission.

you should be getting 24 months free unifi internet for phase 8. however unifi will not be ready until June cos TM has not completed the installation for fiber at phase 8.