• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Any idea when is Phase 3b Melody park going to be ready?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any idea when is Phase 3b Melody park going to be ready?

It looks more or less complete. I would say 6 months given they have to do landscaping and inspection. Let me find out more on Monday if I can and will update you.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

receive the vp letter for phase8. and it says i owe them 23K of late interest charges.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

receive the vp letter for phase8. and it says i owe them 23K of late interest charges.

I am worried about that as well. I remembered telling my bank to pay the instalments but they say they can't as the state consent was not ready. Think we will have to be responsible for this?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am worried about that as well. I remembered telling my bank to pay the instalments but they say they can't as the state consent was not ready. Think we will have to be responsible for this?

Congrats on getting the VP letter after the long wait.

I would suggest check with the lawyer. They should be able to help you understand if UEM delayed any documentation. If that's the case, UEM seems to be good about crediting you the amount. If it was the lawyers fault, unfortunately you may have to suck it up.

At least your loss is not the full amount. Say if you pay 10k as late interest, you have still saved around 4.2k that you did not pay to the bank had the drawdown happened on time. Still, you are paying quite a bit. Worth trying to get a waiver from UEM, at least a part of it.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

My case was that the State consent document was not signed and the bank lawyer rejected this and the bank will not pay as it is UEM's lawyer fault. And this took more than a year to fix this.

I later emailed all my findings to UEM and they acknowledged that it is not Buyer's fault and so the late payment interest would not be applied.

I actually went to the Bank's lawyer office and the lawyer helped me understand where all those delays whereby the bank would not released any monies when there is discrepancies as advised by their lawyer.

As long as we can proved that the delay is on UEM or their lawyer's side, I do not think we will be liable for the late payment interest.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

My case was that the State consent document was not signed and the bank lawyer rejected this and the bank will not pay as it is UEM's lawyer fault. And this took more than a year to fix this.

I later emailed all my findings to UEM and they acknowledged that it is not Buyer's fault and so the late payment interest would not be applied.

I actually went to the Bank's lawyer office and the lawyer helped me understand where all those delays whereby the bank would not released any monies when there is discrepancies as advised by their lawyer.

As long as we can proved that the delay is on UEM or their lawyer's side, I do not think we will be liable for the late payment interest.

hi, i called credit control and was told the figure is being adjusted. To how much, i don't know yet

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

uem waived off the late payment interest. hope all P8 owners enjoy this privilege!!!

did they mention anything about the LD? is it going to be full amount?

i hope they dont waive on one hand and then cut a portion of LD as "admin charges"

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

did they mention anything about the LD? is it going to be full amount?

i hope they dont waive on one hand and then cut a portion of LD as "admin charges"

Very Important to all,I purchase a phrase 2 bungalow in oct 2010 and the VP was given to me on Jan 2013. I only able to collect my house key on Sep 2013.
I pursuing a case but it was not solve and they pushing around.
Probably I need a lawyer for that.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very Important to all,I purchase a phrase 2 bungalow in oct 2010 and the VP was given to me on Jan 2013. I only able to collect my house key on Sep 2013.

That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear!

VP in January, so what was the reason for you to collect the keys in September, after 8 months? Even if you have a mortgage, the bank pays up the last instalment normally within 2 weeks of your lawyer's intimation. And then you may collect the keys almost immediately.

I am just asking to to know whether you got the keys 8 months after VP due to UEMs fault, such as a massive defect that made you your house not liveable, to the extent you could not even enter to start renovations. Or is it because of some other reasons? It will make sense to take legal action only if it was due to UEMs fault or negligence.

BTW, in your last post you mentioned that you got VP in Sep 2013, however, now you are saying VP in January. So which one is your VP date:

i got the VP in the month of SEP 2013

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi to All,

I just register as s member but I used to read all members tread here.
Just some highlights to all members.
I have purchase a P2 units n I signed the SPA in the month of Sep 2010 and only collected my House key in Sep 2013...
UEM only willing to PAY 4mths of LAD which should have 12mths instead.
Now after so many letter to them, they always say they are looking in my case.
EL is still the best place to stay....
The GM in UEM is very aware of my case....

When did you receive their letter for VP?

i got the VP in the month of SEP 2013

First you said that you've bought in Sep 2010, now you said that you've bought in Oct 2010.

First you said that you've received VP in Sep 2013, now you said that you've received VP on Jan 2013.

If you've bought in Sep 2010 and the VP was in Jan 2013 as stated by yourself in your 3rd post, that's 4 months late in delivery by UEM and thus they are right and should pay you 4 months of interest(as stated by yourself in your first post).

Last edited:

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear!

VP in January, so what was the reason for you to collect the keys in September, after 8 months? Even if you have a mortgage, the bank pays up the last instalment normally within 2 weeks of your lawyer's intimation. And then you may collect the keys almost immediately.

I am just asking to to know whether you got the keys 8 months after VP due to UEMs fault, such as a massive defect that made you your house not liveable, to the extent you could not even enter to start renovations. Or is it because of some other reasons? It will make sense to take legal action only if it was due to UEMs fault or negligence.

BTW, in your last post you mentioned that you got VP in Sep 2013, however, now you are saying VP in January. So which one is your VP date:

I have spoken to UEM lawer n my banker and they claim that Is UEM causing the delays.
Sorry, The LAD was issue on 21st jan 2013 by UEM and I only take my house key VP on 25 Sep2013......
Further more in the year 2013 jan onwards, I keep asking for my house key but was being denied until sep 2013....UEM giving me reason like my banker didn't pay UEM.
It was ridiculous as I have signed my loan offer letter in 2010 cot when I purchase phrase 2.
So UEM will try all ways to push responsibility around as it involved a lot of money being paid.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello phase 8 neighbors. Anyone who has the letter advisrkf the VP is a specified dstror arrange of dates? Still havent got mine. :(

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me clarify investor for all the months and dates...
I sign the SPA with UEM on 25 Sep 2010 and took an approved loan with UOB bank on the month of Oct 2010.
UEM issue LAD was to me on 21st Jan 2013.
I Got my house key on 25th Sep 2013, so is this Call VP..?
this should be the correct dates to clarify.
So to let all buyers knows that I'm facing this issue with UEM
According to UEM, they say UOB did not pay them so that is why they couldn't give me the keys...
Check with my banker, they say UEM have not Got the title deed from Maybank which they took to finance this whole project....
I'm not a developer, so I'm not too sure all the terms here.
But I call UEM every month in the year 2013 to ask about my house key and finally in the month of sep 2013 I finally got it.

Glenngates

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry Iskandarrocks,
Corrections!!!
LAD was issue to me in Jan 2013 and every month I call UEM when I can get my house key...
They finally manage to give my house key on Sep 2013...
Further more, when I collected my house key, I was surprise to find my water bills dated April 2013 onwards...
Confused buyer....

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me clarify investor for all the months and dates...
I sign the SPA with UEM on 25 Sep 2010 and took an approved loan with UOB bank on the month of Oct 2010.
UEM issue LAD was to me on 21st Jan 2013.
I Got my house key on 25th Sep 2013, so is this Call VP..?
this should be the correct dates to clarify.
So to let all buyers knows that I'm facing this issue with UEM
According to UEM, they say UOB did not pay them so that is why they couldn't give me the keys...
Check with my banker, they say UEM have not Got the title deed from Maybank which they took to finance this whole project....
I'm not a developer, so I'm not too sure all the terms here.
But I call UEM every month in the year 2013 to ask about my house key and finally in the month of sep 2013 I finally got it.
VP means on the day UEM issue the VP letter, NOT the day you take the key.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got my VP letter finally. Says that I owed RM18.5K of interest due to late payment! No mention of any payment to me for late handling over. Have called my banker to explain the situation, reiterating the fact that they informed they can't pay because state consent was not ready. The banker will be consulting the lawyer. Ironically UEM is also using the same lawyer. Wonder how they will act. In any case, how did some owners here get the waivers? WHo should I called at UEM? Thanks for any advice.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry Iskandarrocks,
Corrections!!!
LAD was issue to me in Jan 2013 and every month I call UEM when I can get my house key...
They finally manage to give my house key on Sep 2013...
Further more, when I collected my house key, I was surprise to find my water bills dated April 2013 onwards...
Confused buyer....

Hi Glenngates,

No worries! Just trying to get the facts straight. Yes, I know that there has been an issue between UEM and Maybank. And in such a case, as far as I am concerned, it is UEMs responsibility, as you are the buyer and they are the vendor, period! If they have issues with their main financier Maybank, it is their problem, not yours. If UEM are unwilling to sort out the problem, I would say that a legal notice from a trustworthy lawyer should take care of it.

Good luck!