• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sop Buntut? Never a fan of this soup can't make myself consume anything made from tail of animal. Anyway the most famous sop buntut is the one from Borobudur Hotel

3p.jpg

Brings back awful memory ...I had drank an ox-tail soup that had lots of hair on the chopped up ox-tail. Yukes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
nabey, really ter lan. miss flight to drink m&d soup. :oIo:

Wrong its not miss flight to drink soup, its drank soup then missed flight wasn't intentional. But having an excellent soup like this after a very trying week that drained me is definitely worth it.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friend living in Tampines recently told me there is a very good Chinese traditional "tui na" clinic in Tanglin Halt. He told me the Mr. Lu doctor is very skillful in treatment especially for sports injury or accident that hurt the bones. Even though is just a 2mins walk away from where I stay I didn't know its been there for years.

Blk 47 Tanglin Halt Road #01-323

Monday, most stalls close in the market food centre

Across the market is the hawker centre, the Lormee is pretty good especially the pork-chop they add into the noodle, operated by two old ladies, taste is old style lormee unlike the newer ones with fancy toppings. Close on Fridays and Saturdays

Tks for sharing the tuina shop. Might drop by tomorrow :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong its not miss flight to drink soup, its drank soup then missed flight wasn't intentional. But having an excellent soup like this after a very trying week that drained me is definitely worth it.

Next time, tarpau instead ...and buy more...more soup, no miss flight, can drink many days. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you allow me to consider Tiong Bahru as part of Queenstown then let me post this Sin Hoi Sai Eating House in Tiong Bahru

Always enjoy their tze-char these are some of my favourite dishes ordered tonight

Shrimp paste chicken

Coffee pork ribs

Water crest pork rib soup

Cereal prawns

Sweet potato leaves with sambal

Black pepper beef - this is my first time having this, the beef is excellent. Next time will have this same beef but cook with spring onion and ginger

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
El Patio at Holland Village is a very old establishment there I remembered having dates there when I was young.

Margarita

Chicken Fajita

Lamb Enchilada

I like this restaurant over the other Margarita

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tiong Bahru Market

I think this lormee is no longer nice, the gravy is no fragrant and so starchy that can feel the powder. Will
not eat from this stall anymore.

This keep ok stall is really good

for novelty sake will order this jweekway

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's 2 chweekway in tiong bahru.
Each got their own fans.....but the more famous is the arrogant jianbo one.....
You're looks like the other one....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This is what I'd call a good lormee, fragrant gravy and well balanced in texture and very importantly made of the hearts of two elderly auntie

At Tanglin Halt 16 stories of course

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you like beer and Thai food head to Holland Village's Siem Reap, there are two Thai chefs whipping up pretty decent and authentic Thai food that goes bery well with your Erdinger

Compliment from the kitchen, Thai green mangoes

Great Isaan sauce (jeem-jiao) with these fried staff

Omelet with chili padi

This spring roll is more Viet than Thai but its delicious cos the stuffing is juicy

Great chicken wings, yes juicy the meat inside too

Besides the Erdinger the others had I'm more for this last night

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
expect the label "queenstown pimp" to be bandied around soon, from someone 100% jealous and in contempt of you.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spoken by the dai gor of queenstown himself. i shall nominate you as the one and only "queenstown pimp". congrats! :biggrin:

Queenstown was a lovely place....no whores or pimps.....wholesome place. Not sure about now.
Back then only the odd horse betting and jackpot machine in one of the dens operated from hdb unit selling sng pao and tikum.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Queenstown was a lovely place....no whores or pimps.....wholesome place. Not sure about now.
Back then only the odd horse betting and jackpot machine in one of the dens operated from hdb unit selling sng pao and tikum.

One thing unique about Queenstown is it doesn't have a big central like most estate, a central where vices gathers like whores, money lenders etc. Guess the largest "central" within Queenstown has to be Bt Merah central which is nothing even compare to the little Clementi Central. Having said that Queenstown used to be happening with TahChong, Venus, Golden City, Queenstown cinemas, NTUC, oh yes Queenstown bowl etc still its small compared to others.

Growing up there I guess the only vice in this estate is the weekly "pua-beh" illegal horse betting in coffeeshops during the weekends.